Galaxy Nexus testing Android 4.2.2, due mid-February
1. MikeG77 (Posts: 371; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
And like usual Verizon will be last one to get this update. Im thinking end of June to mid July unless makes a ROM for Verizon. Either way it doesn't matter as there will be better devices available : )
4. dorianb (Posts: 389; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Android 4.2.2 for the VZW GNex release date 12.01.2014
8. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think your a more or less a millenium off...
13. yowanvista (Posts: 304; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nobody cares about carrier-crap devices. The standard international version is much better.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"The standard international version is much better."
2. andro. (Posts: 1954; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Probably the Software level most of this years big handsets like the m7 and s4 will launch with,followed by a key lime pie upgrade soon after
3. dwgit (Posts: 37; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Its sad that Google always working on a new is rather than accumulate all the information that most 50 percent of android smart phones a still running gingerbread. Should all const rate on coming up with ideas to make it easer for older phones to at list get the latest os so there isn't a need to install roms or buy a recent phone every 6 month.
11. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
since processors these days can handle alot of load (RAMs and GPUs also), i guess we will see higher adaption rate for latest updates even on "low" to mid end devices...because those 50% that are still on gingerbread has low hardware compared to hardware these days, and i guess the hardware game will slow down now that we reached processors that can handle microsoft's windows.
17. jan25 (Posts: 389; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
there is an idea, it's called rooting. there's another one, don't buy from whatever OEM screwing you over with updates. if updates mean the world to you then may be you should start considering a Nexus. other than that, i can't see how Google could force OEMs to update their legacy devices, could you?
33. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
do you want to put Ferrari engine into old and cheap Skoda?
you can always choose Nexus....its called freedom and choice in contrast to Apple dictate :)
9. JeffPom (unregistered)
I still don't have 4.1 on my Razr! ARGH
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
um, get it.
there's an official 4.1 leak and perfect 4.1 and 4.2 ROM's out there for the Razr.
22. JeffPom (unregistered)
But us non-geeky people don't know where to find that, or how to do it. I am not rooted.
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4022; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I thought the official 4.1 update for the Razr was rolled out back in December?
16. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Side note: Does the Galaxy Nexus work on T-Mobile 4G?
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2183; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yes, but only if you have the GSM version that was on sale in the Play Store. The Sprint or Verizon versions will not.
25. MikeG77 (Posts: 371; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
So he gets thumbed down for giving the appropriate answer to a question? I swear people are so immature.
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2183; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Doesn't surprise me one bit. I think I'm used to it by now. A lot of crazies on this site.
26. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Thanks and I do have the GSM version.
19. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
If I root my nexus 10 will I get the update while still rooted?
20. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Which means the Galaxy Nexus will get key lime pie :)
23. ap1989 (Posts: 144; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
this is y im starting to hate android late on updates I'm switching to iphone this year
30. rallyguy (Posts: 550; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
hahaha This is sarcasm right? So you rather get a phone that gets very few updates, and when it does it makes your phone even less usable. Did you see the people complaining about the Iphone 5 with it's "updated" software? Don't remember anything about Google Maps being deleted, blah, blah, blah?
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lets hope this fixes the terrible performance of the nexus 7 because since i have been on 4.2.1 i have been having constant lags and freezing and reboots. also scrolling in general is poor ie when on homecreen if i scroll to the left it will just bounce back to the previous page same with the notification panel if i pull it down it just goes straight back up and while your at it google why not actuall make the wifi and bt buttons into actual on and off toggles instead of just a shortcut
27. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I have to agree. I think my battery life has worsened too. Trust in Google. They here our concerns and are cooking up a batch of android dessert for our pleasures!
28. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i think it has too but dont think its become terrible..hopefully nexus 7 peformance is fixed in 4.2.2 and not in 5.0. i really enjoyed using the nexus 7 on 4.1 but since i have hated suing it and its why i have been interested in the note 8.0 and the ipad mini because if they dont fix this in 4.2.2 then i will sell it cause i cant keep on using it the way it is at the moment
34. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I'm starting to think that the 8 inch or 7.85 is the perfect size. Hopefully the Nexus 7 will move up in size this year. I'd also like to see the Nexus 5 be 5 inches as well.
32. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Got my 4.2.1 update for sprint gnex this morning. Lock screen widgets=awesomeness.
35. Devonta504 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Hopefully I Will Get A Key Lime Pie Update !! Ughh