First unboxed Nexus 5 image continues the never-ending tease
A new tip in our mailbox points to a PhotoBucket album that reveals a single Nexus 5 snap, with the box and all. We've come to recognize the bright-blue box as authentic, and in fact the image and the device itself both appear legit.
Seeing as whoever took the picture didn't bother to power the device on, and show us a teeny bit more (or the entire thing!), we'll be lighting some incense, in hopes that whoever this mystery man is, isn't quite done.
If anything, this accelerating rate of seemingly uncoordinated leaks coming to light should indicate one thing, and one thing only: the Nexus 5 is near!
3. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
There is a small something on the top left of the phone. Looks like a feont camera or it just could be a reflection. As far as i know the camera in the Nexus 5 was supposed to be in the top middle
16. raamblings (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
The circular thing that you see in the middle is not a camera. It is the speaker. it is built like that for surround sound to your ear. the camera is placed off to the left
17. daniu (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
What? - who told you that? No, the circle in the middle is the ear-speaker ;)
But to be fair, I was also very confused, because of the shape (it usually is rectangular)
5. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
More hype and marketing but no announcement of a Google event? Or is it to be a Google Trick or Treat Surprise? Will it release Worldwide or only US or US and EU? All of this speculation unless some unwary carphone warehouse or best buy employee sells one to a punter early?
11. boosook (Posts: 774; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
They are simply delivering the product to the stores before announcing it.
6. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
29. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
That link is worthless.
Seems like the moderator deleted all the relevant posts.
Which is dumb because no one will care about that site after today, he had a chance to get new members
7. 0scar1Ox (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
why won't they already announce the phone, all these leaks are getting ridiculous :|
12. boosook (Posts: 774; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Because they want it to be already available in the stores before the announcement, so that people will be able to go in a best buy store and get it.
14. ayephoner (Posts: 833; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
all these leaks are free publicity and hype. every mobile tech site out there is wildly anticipating this device and every leak like this results in a new story, a new link on their page, a new post on all of their social media.
i think everyone is pretty excited for this phone. it sure seems like more hype and more excitement than the sgs4. i think google knows exactly what they are doing.
8. Datta26 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
The bottom bezel seems bigger than on my galaxy nexus...
21. damian88 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Yes it is.
Gnex bezel has around 15mm height, and in this picture:
we can see that N5 has somewhere between 15-20mm.
28. LoveHater (Posts: 61; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
But it would be 1000 times better than yours
10. mr.techdude (Posts: 492; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Imagine all this turned out to be a lie by Google.
13. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Imagine if it turned out to be a photoshopped picture? Notice you only see part of the box cover, not the whole Box. There have been comments about the location of the camera. Compare this to pictures from Taiwan, and the previous leaks?
24. EgyDroid (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
what if ALL these leaks was meant to be by Google they're a very weird company and would do that
What the hell am I saying I'm becoming an idiot....
25. jaytai0106 (Posts: 825; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You know when news is sort of slow when you keep seeing the same type of story again and again... I think we all know what Nexus 5 is going to look like unless Google throw a curve ball in the end.... Shocking!!
26. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Ladies and gentlemen, it's the industry's first ever announcement via dozens of leaks!
Seriously, at this point Google could just quietly slip the Nexus 5 onto Google Play and completely skip the press bulletins. The tech sites will announce it for them.
27. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
Seriously I am sick and tired of waiting when it's going to be released.