First foldable Samsung phone could come by the end of 2016
2. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Yep , we need to stick with brick-like design.
f**k these futuristic inovations.
34. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Only benefit I can see is if we have 2 batteries on each side for a longer life. Nothing else.
38. combatmedic870 (Posts: 547; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Or possibly a smaller device.... Or something with 5.5 in dimensions that folds out into a small tab. Alot of benefit here as long as the keep the screen res in check and not 4k or something
42. Ahovking (Posts: 616; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
Oh kinda like a Nintendo 3Ds..how its fat and ugly when folded and when you unfold it, its still fat and ugly?
43. Ahovking (Posts: 616; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
Just like Force touch introducing a 3rd way to interact with your devices not just the standard 2 ways.
55. RoboticEngi (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Thank God people like you doesn't produce tech. Then we would still be throwing rocks at each other.....
59. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3701; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You're not very good with sarcasm, are you? Go ahead & wipe that egg of your face.
7. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
More like a bright future for a new class of product that will undoubtly become popular, reminiscent of the prime of the clamshell days. Not just for portability reasons of larger displays, but also for screen protection reasons, without the need for a cover.
17. Dee79 (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
You enjoy the world of apple, while we will stick with the future today.
25. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why is it a gimmick.
So we shouldn't try to progress to something different?
You know, if someone didn't design a foldable computer (laptop) then we would still only be using big ugly desktops or mainframes.
If I can have a 5" phone in my pocket that is reasonably thin, that I could unfold and it be roughly 10:, I wouldn't find that to be gimmicky.
Let's see what it is first, let's see if its useful and if it is; then it wont be a gimmick.
I am surprised to see this coming from you. I'm disappointed.
36. tedkord (Posts: 9867; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I just figured I'd call gimmick before all the Apple fans.
44. Ahovking (Posts: 616; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
Why is Force Touch a gimmick for example..it adds functionality,
where in most mobile phones you the use can only give your phone two type of input (a light touch and a long touch), force touch means you can now have a light touch, a long touch and a hard touch, giving programs more options and enabling the user to communicate to their devices in more than just two ways.
Oh and a foldable computer is a horrible idea.. imagine a Nintendo 3DS.. but made by samsung or apple.. it would still be s**t,
26. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I reemmber all the stupid things said about the Samsung Galaxy Note. I'm talking what blog sites said, not what Jobs said.
We all saw how that turned out.
I saw what Ballmer said about the iPhone and we all know how that turned out.
We all know what Bill gates predicted in 2000 about single form-factor devices, and we all see how that turned out.
Someone always needs to be the first to take that leap of faith. If they didn't we'd still be using outdated old technology and paying lots of money for no advances.
I thought you were open minded.
27. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I also recalled when Samsung first showed prototypes of a phone with an edge, it was said to be gimmicky too.
Then they released the Note 4 Edge in limited quanities to see what demad would be like. They sold the vast majority of them which si why they made the S6 Edge which the CEO took a misstep as they didn't know how popular it was goign to be. Displte its huge asking price many bought them.
I bought 2 for myself. The S6 Edge and Edge+. One of my family members also had the S6 Edge+ as well.
Then they brought a similar design to the Note 5. There are 10 members of my family alone who have one.
So we see how that turn out too. Even though it has no removable battery or sdcard slot, the Note 5 still outsold the Note 4 and all the combine sales of the S6 outsold all the S5 combined models.
I am betting the combined sales of the Note 5 and all the S6 models exceed 80M easily and they are still selling almost a year later for the early released models.
Come on man...have some faith in the unseen. After all, don't you believe in wind, gravity, God? lol
46. Ahovking (Posts: 616; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
The edge of S6 and other Sammy phones are gimmicky.. i haven't seen mass adoption, or any actual use for it apart from parry tricks.. at this stage it is as useful as Force Touch.
47. tedkord (Posts: 9867; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They're not in any way gimmicks. They have actual functionality.
56. RoboticEngi (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
I'm looking forward to see your comments when apple release it. And BTW, sales numbers of S6 and S6 Edge are close to each other. Maybe the edge would have outsold the normal S6 if samsung had the stocks ready for the demand....
29. nctx77 (Posts: 1640; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I would do call this a gimmick at all. My only concern is the quality of the product that they launch. If it's half baked, it will be DOA. Samsung is known for this when releasing new product.
32. ameran (Posts: 232; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
The first word coming out of iSheep's mouth is "gommick". People like you talk like that because they are stupid enough to follow a corrupted corporation like Apple, who screws you up in all stages of your life by selling you s**ty iToys.
4. GreenMan (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Yeah, right. They're coming since... 2010.
Don't you worry PA, it'll never happen...
10. tedkord (Posts: 9867; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It will happen. Then three years later it'll happen at Apple.
18. Dee79 (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Electronic Communication was the beginning of something truly amazing and back then it was the future... so what do you mean it will never happen. Or are you just trolling as you normaly do..................?
5. AkoSiKuting (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 09 Dec 2015)
No one will pay extra for a good-for-nothing features, of course it's exceptional when you offer a branded logo on it's back.
So no thanks Sammy :) not branded enough to pay extra for your gimmick.
8. maherk (Posts: 3352; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Didn't they sell millions of the Edge variants of their flagships?
Your comment is invalid.
11. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Samsung has been putting a lot of effort and resource to develope something different from the crowd, and all you can do is bashing them for nothing. What happen to this world?
16. tedkord (Posts: 9867; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
He's just waiting until Apple invents it.
41. ibend (Posts: 3167; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
just how is i6Plus be "putting a lot of effort and resource to develope" and "different from the crowd"
12. joeytaylor (Posts: 385; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
What is wrong with Samsung putting Samsung on their phone. ...that has to be the dumbest complaint i have ever heard
30. FluffyBled (Posts: 448; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
May you speak for yourself ... you're far from being an analyst!
6. Dude2014 (Posts: 433; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
OMG!! OMG!!! Samsung once again copied Apple. Zzzzzzz Hope Apple will sue the crap out of them in the future.
9. kumarabhishek591 (Posts: 64; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Do we need another proof that isheeps are the dumbest?
Well the proof's right here
23. Landon (Posts: 371; Member since: 07 May 2015)
I feel like there should be a sarcastic button on PA so some of them can differentiate trolling and sarcasm.
Then again, could trolling = sarcasm? Think about it...
13. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1932; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I Feel Like A Foldable Phone Would Have Some Serious Wear And Tear After A While, You Know Lie Where It Folds. I Doubt I Would Ever Buy A Foldable Phone.
14. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1932; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Flexible Would Be Cool But Foldable........No!
57. RoboticEngi (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
What if it flexes at a very tight angle?
58. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1932; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
That Would Be Ok As Long As It Doesn't Fold.
19. Dee79 (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
iphones !! Loooooooooooooooool I say no more. Have a good day ;)
22. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Note Fold. BRING IT!!!! lol
33. Mels13 (Posts: 89; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Wow i like it:) A little bit thick when its closed but ill buy it defenetely.But with hi-end specifications of course like note has.
45. ibend (Posts: 3167; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
thickness doesnt matter as long as width and height isnt that big, most of phone from 10 year ago is thicker than 15mm, and not much complaint about that (or maybe people nowadays wearing tighter trousers o.O )
35. wonkman (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 Dec 2015)
Every minute of that video was exponentially more creepy than the last. I felt like showering after watching it.
37. matistight (Posts: 416; Member since: 13 May 2009)
As long as there is no TouchWiz lag, I would buy it
50. hanabi (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Oct 2015)
Apple has been bending the whole time you copycat :p haha anyway love to see more innovation from both
51. Kratos7 (Posts: 61; Member since: 15 May 2015)
Great setup for a joke... The guy at the end pulls out a bigger one.
53. TrevorB1 (Posts: 64; Member since: 30 Dec 2015)
Hm... I am not sure if I would want a phone that folds.. It would be cool because it would be just like a wallet and fit into my pocket more. Protects the inner screens with it being folded. The down side is like what Arch_Fiend said, the wear and tear on where it folds. If its a flexible fold, not a joint fold like laptops, that would cause serious wear to the screen. If they have a solution for that, then heck yeah, I am all for this foldable phone idea. I would take it as a tablet though, not as everyday phone :)
54. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
ive seen this 2014 news and 2015 and now 2016 its all lies!!..
60. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
You seen it the same year as the "edge" prototype... Samsung's R&D has no need to rush this foldable model out until the "edge" series has played out!
Calling Samsung a lie is a harsh accusation to say the least. I'll understand though if you're mad because Apple isn't the inventor of this technology. O.o