First LG G5 vs iPhone 6s vs Galaxy S6 camera samples comparison
1. therons (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Why iphone 6s and samsung s6 show a better picture?
It should be G5 according to camera spec recently.
14. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
S6 (Note 5) much better !!! Even iPhone took better shots.
12. maherk (Posts: 3490; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Let's wait for the final software version, I am pretty sure LG will tweak things and deliver, just like they always do when it comes to cameras.
17. Coconut00 (Posts: 474; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Because the software is not 100% finished. I remember the S6 taking orangey looking pictures at the announcement.
19. Coconut00 (Posts: 474; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Liked the S6 pictures best (except for the selfie which imo the iPhone was better). Still, the G5 software is unfinished, so I'd say we wait.
2. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Did they degrade the sensor to make up for the other lens? Because if it's like this, it's not looking good for the G5
4. Xperia14 (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Sep 2015)
Looks like the iPhone 6S still got the best image quality of these three.
11. Cod3rror (Posts: 123; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
You have to hand it to Apple. They really take camera quality seriously.
13. Xperia14 (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Sep 2015)
True, it's a combination of good detail with very natural colors and a nice dynamic range. It's too early too tell for the G5 though.
22. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Yet you can't take wide shots on your iP. All I see on iphone is extremely zoomed in pictures with oversaturated colours, which don't make the picture better. Every pro will tell you that neutral colours are the best because you can adjust the rest in the software. Also it seems that the hdr mode wasn't enabled on the s6.
5. dragonfly (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jan 2016)
Iphone and s6 saturate everything - LG photos are more natural.
Both, Apple and Samsung pimp pictures by softwera.
People love colorful pictures.
7. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Are you color blind? Just see the last picture and tell that again. G5 is dramatically oversaturating.
15. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 443; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
Chill, Tyrion. Wait till the retail unit arrives ;-)
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2004; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
now who wants the boring old design from 2015? (s6)..
8. w1000i (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
GUYS, G5 will be out after 2 months and seems the phone is need a lot of development in software side.
9. TisaTsir (Posts: 70; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
G5 looks promising....the dynamic range seems to be fine but I'll wait to see more pictures to decide.
10. Gonga (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
IPhone has the best picture quality other of three. Imo
16. Dre1300 (Posts: 46; Member since: 29 Jan 2016)
Not bad bad looking, i like how thin it is, 7.7mm is good but think i would have gottwn it if it were under 6mm. Huawei P9 come out please!
21. SenorThrottles (Posts: 277; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
If it was under 6mm, the battery would've been pathetic
18. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
wow, iPhone 6S without OIS really take great indoor shots here.
kind of surprising.
23. lng101010 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2015)
G4 camera is arguably better than the S6 in real-life testing. These are some pretty shtty JPEG processing. Let's hope final software will be much better because I really want the G5 to be the phone to purchase. Otherwise I'll have to go with the S7 and its bigger/better sensor (on paper anyway).
24. PhotoPixel (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Even Xperia cameras has not so crappy quality photos...( WTF, LG...?