Facebook said to be working on "disposable chat" (aka sexting) app
1. Captain_Doug (Posts: 868; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
10 seconds? You could, I don't know, screenshot it?!?
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
LOOL....wth is this uprising!
12. cripton805 (Posts: 1131; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I guess they updated the article. It can't take screenshots.
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But it would take more than 10 seconds to open, look, REALISE (that you really want the screenshot), open the screenshot app and by that time, BOOM!!!!
Sounds like James bond.
"This message will self-destruct in 10..9..8..."
18. Captain_Doug (Posts: 868; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
On all the CM roms I use if you hold down the power button it gives you the power menu, one of those items being a screenshot. Takes 3 or 4 seconds.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I get it that you are an advanced user...
But not every one is, most would just keep the OS the way it is.
23. Captain_Doug (Posts: 868; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
And be stuck with motoblur, sense, or touchwiz? DOES NOT COMPUTE!
24. cripton805 (Posts: 1131; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
In the Samsung Galaxy S3, you just wipe the screen to take a screenshot.
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
As was pointed out below, Snapchat supposedly blocks screenshot attempts and sends a warning to the person messaging you when you try. Not sure if there's a way around that feature on a rooted device.
Oh, and FYI, if you're on Android 4.0+, just hold the power and volume down buttons together to get a screenshot. That's the fastest way.
2. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Everybody knows nothing is disposable once uploaded.
Too bad teens these days are dumbasses so their privacy deserves to be online for everybody else to ridicule. Hell, we still have young adults that still do sext.
4. danny_a2005 (Posts: 120; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
I give facebook no more than 2 years... it's staring to get annoying, just like windows live messenger...
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wishful thinking, Facebook is so huge it's not going anywhere.
5. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Screen shot wont work. If you dont want it to that is. With snapchat if you try taking a screenshot the picture ereases imediatley and then the sender gets a notificatoin saying you tried doing that.
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 1231; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
damn, they're getting all fancy on us!!
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Did not know that. Thanks for the info, I've edited the article to add that in.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've just been using Snapchat since last night and i had considered the screenshot method but i won't now, thanks for the warning fellow reader! c:
8. Fuego84 (Posts: 305; Member since: 13 May 2012)
I just hope they don't make this a part of the Facebook app. I don't think anyone wants to see.... (Your mother) likes sexting app join (your mother )on sexting app lol.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
take a photo of the screen
11. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 869; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Or you could not be an idiot and don't send pictures of yourself naked..
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
If someone sends you a nudie, it's just bad form not to reciprocate. You don't want to be rude.
16. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 869; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Brett Favre would agree with your comment all day every day.
19. DanMarino13 (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i don't know whether to commend you for making fun of brett favre, or dislike you cause you brought up brett favre....