Does your Samsung Galaxy S4 have sound issues with some headphones?
4. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Samsung admits paying students to lambast rival phones in fake web reviews!!!!!
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Do you feel any difference between review and simple comment? Seems that you don't...
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11255; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Their quality control needs some serious improvements as there's a huge rise in complaints regarding quality issues.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're seriously going to say Samsung needs better quality control when the Apple iPhone 5 had over 9 major issues the first month of release? Not to mention the Aluminium of the phone is full of scratches and dents prepackaged in the box? Screen freezing for over 5 seconds? Lines appearing through the keyboard?
32. zhiae (unregistered)
i have phone shop till now ive seen thuse 1 3g/2g signal drops to no service 1 time every 60 sec
scratch on apple logo back out from box damage to the frame and galaxy had one thing frame quality not good now gs4 is better
16. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Oh c'mon. Are you a newcomer in this device world??
if i am not mistaken, you are an avid Apple fan.. Did you forget the million million quality issues/scandals of ios devices? These specific issues of Samsung devices are also within the same grounds but within a small range or brought by some factory problems.. Another example is Sony, just visit their forums and you'll read many problems but not all devices are affected.. htc one's build quality issues in xda forums also
24. JulianGT (Posts: 89; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
Why do people thumbed you down? It is the truth.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe because it is not exclusive for Samsung, other companies also pay for a fake reviews and maybe because he doesn't feel any difference between review and simple comment?
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11255; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Congratulations? That doesn't eliminate the problem though.
2. nirvana20alstrs (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 May 2013)
well am using a GT-I9500 and using the skullcandy titan headphones and it pretty amazing! the wolfson audio is really awesome! for the people with the qcomm version its better to try adapt sound as stated above! it would really help,
3. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Everyday new issue ... Samsung try to resolve this problems instead of launching everyday a new Galaxy.....
it's better to make a masterpiece than 100 clones ....
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Someone's upset over Samsung success this morning. On a positive note the more issues that get reported on the S4 the better the Note 3 will be. No device is bug free. And yes, the Note 3 will be a better device.
17. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
samsung's success .... You mean success in producing defective products ......
"On a positive note the more issues that get reported on the S4 the better the Note 3 will be"
you mean to say all the S4 owners are paying premium $800 price for a prototype...to find the flaws and to make the Note III better ...
LOL ...PJ? very bad...
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
by success he means samsung galaxy s4 winning the consumer phone of the year so far....please dont bash samsung for no apparent reason then complain how other people are fanboys...idiot.
21. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
yeh so far... may not be long.. until they address these issues.....
there is a saying "never argue with an "Idiot",
So no offense...
37. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
haha that was actually very good i was just intending to say i think sammy will fix these problems in a couple of weeks.
47. Nkolsen (Posts: 60; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
At least they dont say: nothing wrong with it, you are just holding it correct .......
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For example Apple has just only one phone and still can't or maybe just don't bother to deal with all its problems...
5. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
And Samsung fans say that HTC had labour problems. Pfffffttt
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
just beacuse the S$ has this problem doesnt automatically eliminate the one of all problems......
11. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
No mine has just Lagg and Battery issues..
15. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Because I don't violate the rules of the discussion....
I am on topic and I don't use any bad words...
23. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
" Joke of the Year "
The award goes to Funnyguy for his comment ROFLOL
22. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He got banned for two times. :)
Stay tuned for more funnyguy ban news! :)
25. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Banned for what?
What's the problem?
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
He/she was limited not banned, but if he/she will continue to act like that, his/her ban day is just around the corner.
30. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Or we can say that he/she was limited and banned? Go to the link below and you will know what I mean.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You wasn't wrong, I just have forgot about that. :)
34. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Thanks for corrections, English isn't my native language. :)
38. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
lol I got thumbed down for correcting a typo! hahaha
33. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Funnyguy2 was banned because I am not allowed to have multiple accounts....
Not because of what I was saying...
Listen I simply said that my s4 has lagg and battery issues.
Why should I be banned for that?
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't ask me, ask Papasmurf. I didn't say you must be banned, I'm just making it clear, because funnyguy and funnyguy2 is complicated you know?
Calm down okay? :)
42. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't remember funny being a synonym of idiot..
14. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Restart your smartphone, tablet or laptop if it is slowdown or stall it is time to refresh the RAM.
20. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Thank goodness I've got the Wolfson DAC equipped I9500 :)
39. febzz (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't notice any crackling sound when listening to music yet so far but when I used the stock headphones yesterday (for the first time) for incoming calls, the other party was not able to hear my voice. And there was crackling noise. Tried this a few times and it was still there. I eventually went to my Call and Sound settings and I guess I might have changed some of them and now voila the headphones work just fine. Weird.
45. poping (unregistered)
no sound issues on my s4...
46. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Whenever I've seen - er "heard" - this on a device, it is usually bad connectors or wires about to go. Wires especially on earbuds abused by kids.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The only real issue with the s4 is the internal storage, air gestures aren't great but second gen, and on s4's will have better calibrated sensors.
51. teekay_way (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 May 2013)
Mine does crackle....using beats by dr dre pros...even worse when I turn on bass boost....
52. itster (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Mine crackles real bad as soon as you pass midway on volume. the volume is not even loud at the point. im using sony xba-4 with sprint galaxy s4. I tested my headset to make sure they are not blown by plugging them into my htc evo lte.
53. sicolo (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Yes I do!
Im using professional quality in ear headphones from Shure (ST115) They're bottom of their range at approx £120 two years ago.
Best in ear headphones Ive ever owned... not anymore.
54. alisafaei (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
has anyone found it if this issue is only affecting some phones, or is all S4's? and if its affecting all is their a fix?
55. teekay_way (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 May 2013)
I dont think there is a fix yet ai....pretty sure its a problem with all s4...the moment you use different headphones...the crackle wont stop as long as the volume is 50% and above...frieking iphone 5 handles the beats by dre so much better than s4 wth??
56. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Its all the i9505 models i believe. Theres an issue with how the galaxy s4 handles low impedance headphones. I have the XBA-2VP and XBA-3 headphones and both have crackling at moderate volumes. The VP model which has the remote can sort of get around this if you reduce the volume via the inline remote and increase the volume on the S4.
57. englishdude71 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and having the same issue with the crackling sound through my headphones and i am using Klipsch Image S4a 11. I used to have the S3 and had no problems listening to my music through the same headphones! I down loaded powerAmp cos the built in media player is crap! Not happy at all Samsung. Please sort this annoying issue out!
58. mamamume (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jun 2013)
Yesterday I updated my galaxy S4 with the latest firmware 4.3 to my I9505 and guess what... The sound is absolutely delicious no more problems with the weird sound I tested with my Sony extras bass... Amazing sound
59. rayfinkle (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
Please help... I thought I was crazy, until I read this article. Everyone at T-Mobile couldn't undestand what I was talking about. After like 3 months of using the phone, I started to hear the "crackling". But like the article says, it doesn't happen with all types of headphones. My stock Samsung pair works fine. Then I purchased a Dr Dre Beats Audio, and 2 different top of the line Skull Candy's, and the crackling kept happening. Not on every song, but consistent enough to be annoying. Even on live music like from Pandora, or Sirius/XM. Are there any solutions out there? Does anybody recommend a good brand name out there that works well with this phone?
60. robbe291 (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I have the issue with mine. And I love everything about my Verizon GS4, but THAT is so annoying because I love listening to music while working out, at work, in my car, getting dressed...quite often. It isn't hardware related I know for sure. I use stereo bluetooth quite often. But will every now and then use the 3.5 mm jack to connect an aux cord to some type of sound system.
At once, it's playing music fine--no matter if it's wired headphones or not--then all of a sudden, BAM. It does it. And there's no way to bring it back unless you restart or play with the charger while pressing volume. But that only works sometimes, and furthermore, "Ain't nobody got time for that!". It's very frustrating because I know sound quality diferences when I hear them. I wish I had a PC so I could do some rooting and romming, lol. I tried with my Mac, and way too much to do, compared to PC instructions.
C'mon Samsung and VzW.