BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Torch outselling BlackBerry Z10 on Amazon
BlackBerry Curve 8520 is number 67 and the flagship 'Berry before the Z10, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is number 38. The highest ranking 'Berry is the BlackBerry Torch 9810 at number 21 on a list dominated by Android models like the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Samsung GALAXY Note II.
Perhaps BlackBerry misjudged the market and should have released the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 first. That is the model that BlackBerry could have pointed to as having something that even the Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note II didn't have. CEO Thorsten Heins had best have a Plan B ready because at this point, no amount of spin is going to turn the BlackBerry Z10 into lemonade.
source: Amazon via WMPoweruser
25. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Andoid sucks and QNX is way better and smarter
75. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yeah really...what are you high?
63. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL. Android? Really bro? x(
43. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Take more stupid pills? 'Cause not releasing a Qwerty edition BB for your most loyal customers has to rank as one of the more stupidest decisions Heins has made. Interesting how the BBs that are selling all have Qwerty keyboards.
72. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I think Plan B is to market Blackberry features to Android Play Store and MS Marketplace..
3. MartyK (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Well, Maybe it's because the new BlackBerry isn't release yet?.
Give BlackBerry a chance to put the device in the hands of regular user..gosh
27. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Thank YOU!!! omg people like to hate and bash something they never tried...It's NEW chill out people
76. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I wouldn't take that piece of crap if they gave me one free!
4. joey18 (Posts: 560; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
yesterday i saw the phone at att store but same istory windows phone is nice but not for me i'm waiting for the gs4 and the iphone 5s 2 years contract for some blackberry i'm not so imprece sense the the blackberry storm fail i think the z10 will fail againg
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True i'm waiting for the S4 but not the iP5s™
64. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
s4 is crap old boring design with stupid s feautures....get xperia Z or htc one
28. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
What does storm have anything to do with this OS u mad ignorant...Trying it at the store does nothing! i tried it too and hardly got a chance to test anything but loved it so far...all u trying to do is show proof to the people...OH i tried it and it's another itoy...STUPID!!!
8. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i actually see this one coming.. .well its because of the price. but Z10 is selling better anywher... i really need Mr. Heins to think about this on US market.. i really believe that they need to do the same approach of what nokia did to US to gain back their market share!
9. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I think part of why the Z10 is failing to sell well is because of hardware. BB10 might not need quad core processors and 1080p displays, but to the people who don't know a lot about phones they don't know that, they think every phone needs quad core processors to run lag free. It's sad, I've heard great things about BB10 and i can't stop but feel sorry for Blackberry.
11. tatail (Posts: 228; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
I have the phone and quite impressed with what I have..
My previous phone was GN and the only thing that I miss from that phone was GT and Viber..
The build quality and the OS is amazing on this phone..
30. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Ye cuz what people need is a quad core processor running in their heads lol and get some research done and try the thing out...but i mean really try it out and not like Joey18 said "I tried it and it's another itoy" haha very funny Joey u sound like a shmuck
65. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I have tried it out, i never once said that BB10 was a bad OS, i actually quite like it, the only reason i won't get it is becuase it's to centered on gestures
10. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Lol, wow! The phone is only available through one carrier, for God's sake and has only been on sale for one day in the US! So what if it isn't in the top 100 on Amazon. No one expected a Apple/Samsung craze over the phone.
Are you guys really that hard up for BlackBerry hate stories? I bought my Z10 unlocked and absolutely love it. I'm typing this reply on the beautiful web browser right now. Give something different a chance. What is wrong with people? /rant
13. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
its ok to be different...sadly that weren't the case...BB try too hard to be like anybody else by releasing that Z10 instead of Q10, thats why they won't get a chance
33. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Ye and cuz they tried so hard it got them the best and most powerful OS...but your mind is so brainwashed with all the hype that u can't see clear...You u need an eye doc? cuz i can help u with that lol
41. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, if i need to check my eyes, you clearly need to check your whole head, cause not only your eyes got a huge problems, your brain is worse. Z10 is android/ios wannabe.. pure and simple. they even 'borrow' android apps.
29. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
The lumia 920's first week amazon ranking disagrees with you.
31. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Another blackberry fan :) i'm getting mine when tmobile gets it
77. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Why would you even consider BB10 it is pure garbage!
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
most are stuck to what they are used to, hopefully this will change as bb10 offers something different to other os's and doesnt need quadcore just to run smooth
pricing is another concern i have though, if it had been 100-150 cheaper it might of been more appealing to some.
14. DannyAves (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Nobody wants those Z10 on Amazon, they are the "international" version which means they don't have LTE you only get 3G.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Are you saying that no one wants international phones?
17. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
i think he's trying to say that nobody wants Z10 on international level...lol
58. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
International version doesn't have LTE basebands that the U.S. versions do.
So, in this case, if you're in the U.S., you more than likely don't want the international version.
It's logical, you're reading too far into it.
I'd like a Lumia 520 or 620, but they only run EDGE/2G in the U.S., so I won't buy an international version, as it would be brutally slow on data speed.
70. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I understand that very well and my question in comment #15 was just a indirect hint for short minded people who thinks that U.S. is the only one country on the earth.
71. Bernoulli (Posts: 1761; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Only on t-mobile, but the International has the same bands as at&t's hspa+
66. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
And somehow it is still ranked #12 in best selling unlocked phones on Amazon. Like I said, they were just hard up for a bash BB story yesterday. Hey Phonearena, how about mention that the Z10 is #12 best selling phone for unlocked devices on Amazon?!?!
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I knew my fellow American's weren't that dumb to jump to a dying platform. As much as I hate Apple the iPhone 5 is a better choice than that crap BB is pushing out. And even the HTC One and S4 are on a different planet.
No wonder BB did not release their phones to America first. It would have looked very bad from the start.
18. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
they should just stick to their guns : Canada, Indonesia, India. those are the only areas where they can sell more of their BB
35. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
You should stick to commenting on android and itoy news
39. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
does the truth hurt your BBbuts? poor BBfanboy. enjoy it while it last, soon they'll put android on their BB (otherwise they'll follow palm and rest in motion...), they already use some android apps anyway.
34. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
That crap that BB pushed out is better than that crap that comes out of your mouth lol and only reason BB didn't sell to America first is cuz they wanted to fix all the bugs before releasing it...Durrrr someone must feel slow
42. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
right, just like how they announce Q10 and release it months later, imagine how much bug does it got. who wants an OS full of bugs.
19. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Yes BlackBerry should have launched the Q10 first because the Z10 looks like a bigger carbon copy with a third of the apps. The Q10 is different, better design, build and funtionality. The Q10 is a true BlackBerry. No way can it be mistaken for an iphone whereas...
20. uchihakurtz (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Ouch, that oughtta hurt. They should really consider selling their software now.
21. erocker (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
Google Nexus 4 anyone ? Is cheaper as well and better features minus the LTE but hey T-Mobile 4g is fine for me
22. jonneyh (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
It's quite, No, very very annoying to see tech sites write so much bad stuff about BlackBerry, you can't even appreciate the fact that it changed mobile computing sometime back. Apple may be on now but it won't last forever. Look at nokia, maybe yall were still on ur mums Boobs,getting milk, if someone had told me they would fall, he would hv been made to retract his statement. BB is down, we all know that, but these irrelevant articles don't make it change anything. If I was the CEO of blackberry, getting back wldnt hv been hard for me. You have Justin Bieber and Drake who are all Canadian, they should be promoting the Z10 not Alicia Keys. Bieber got a million ff, get him to market your device at huge cost, if so but as Canadians they should understand and do better. All this apple hype is by Americans and it's cos it was made here. It's time nations back its brands. Apple is nothing new
23. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
No REALLY! I just sold my blackberry 9900 on Amazon lol...ll phone arena does is bash blackberry...F'in annoying. Who would buy Z10 at 650 on Amazon when they rather get it with their carrier. Especially since that way if any problems it would be easier to handle
26. jonneyh (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
It's even about time I stop ff all these dumb tech sites. They all have the same stories, they all love apple and they all hate blackberry. Even HTC that doesn't match up to BlackBerry is treated fairly. It's a waste of my time.
36. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Agreed stick to crackberry at best.......These people are lame
59. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Chill...you come off like a raging fanboy. As if this site needs any more of those.
I will tell you this: Blackberry needs to play catch-up. They were dethroned years ago. It's fact.
I have more brands of tech in my home than most people would dream of, including Blackberry (in the form of a Playbook). I have iOS (iPad) and Android (S3), plus a Nokia Windows Phone (work) I am entirely fond of. All my TV's are LG, my Bluray players are Samsung. Everything has pros and cons. Some companies do one thing better than the other. Period.
Some of you need to get your heads out of your rear-ends. I love tech, but not to the point that I blindly worship one company.
40. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
oh please, HTC One is what a Z10 should've been, HTC one is a Z10 done right.
45. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
HTC One done right? nothing special done there except for copying the Z10 design...same android OS with same errors and problems
47. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yup. htc one is better than z10 in every way, in term of specs and os/apps. see all those review in youtube. i bet people can do more on their one instead of that crappy z10.
46. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Only problem with the HTC One is they can't produce enough of them. Kind of how BB can't produce the Q10.... I wonder, is HTC>BB/RIM? Or, is BB/RIM>HTC? They both can't seem to get their sh*t together.
49. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
its already released here in EU. can't produce enough is still better than none (Q10). its stupid to announce a product only to release it 5-6 months later.
32. stychill (unregistered)
I originally wanted a Z10 but off contract its way too pricey, i would honestly rather pay the equivalent for a 2013 flagship android phone
37. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
550 is too pricey for a software that is way better than android? hahahahahahaha I'm gonna laugh my way all the way to tmobile when i buy my BB Z10 soon