Another Samsung GALAXY Note II leak, the second of the day, appears to be the real deal
If the picture is genuine, it certainly looks like Samsung has taken design cues for the son of phablet from the Samsung Galaxy S III. The square corners are gone, replaced by softer rounded edges and a camera/speaker placement that copies the hottest phone on the planet. It looks as though the Samsung GALAXY Note II will be available in marble white only. The screen is supposed to measure up at 5.5 inches, slightly larger than the 5.3 inch display on the original version. There is also a slot for the S-Pen.
The Samsung GALAXY Note II is expected to be introduced August 29th at a Samsung pre-IFA event.
source: Twitter via Phandroid
UPDATE: Apparently, we got our hopes up too high as it turns out that this photo is not the Samsung GALAXY Note II. This photo is merely a concept that was sent out by artist Daniel UY via Twitter on Thursday.
1. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
looks like an enlarged Galaxy S3, I donno just have to wait for d real deal
24. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
Yea. I wish they would add something to the back. they always look plain
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1012; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
PhoneArena needs to stop making articles about this phone because we dont know if these images are REAL or not. Lets wait until The end of the month to see the REAL thing. im as anxious as the next 3+ million people, but we'll see what it looks like and when it'll hit the US
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2694; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
They get ad revenue when they post these articles and people click on them. They won't stop.
42. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 395; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Rumors get all of us excited, rather it looks close to real deal or not. We want to get the first news!
6. Yeahman (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
You got fooled, PA. The guy on twitter even says that this is a mockup.
7. jinwons (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
yeah. other sites already reporting this is fake.
12. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
controlled "leaks" from Samsung, they want to create hype
8. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Giant smartphone is coming soon, please take Note.
9. Sprintfan (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
I can't imagine the real thing would look or be much different.
23. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
it does look ugly, like the back of S3.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
technically it looks to be nearly Identical to that fake "photo" that was put up earlier. They are probably related.
They even have the exact same "shading" for the bezel lines. My guess.. same artist, same base photo, different backgrounds.
13. rla2680 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
i dont get the fascination with these things. I much prefer my S3. This thing is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.
16. McLTE (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hence the concept of CHOICE.. I don't get why you'd want the S3 when this beast is lurking around the corner! :P
The S3 works for you.. the Note will work beautifully for ME. See.. we can co-exist under such circumstances!
30. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yeah, I thought the same things about the big display devices myself... but then a friend of mine overseas got the precursor to the the first Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Player, before I'd ever even heard about it over here in the US and even being diminutive of size did nothing but rave about it.
I tried out the Note when it released here in-store and I have to admit, it swung my vote.
14. JeffreyMDoran (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
All I really want to know is, is this thing coming to Sprint
15. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
only in white??? i would like it in deepblack
20. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
well I want it in Verizon, Quad-Core Exynos and LTE...
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The quad Exynos isn't compatible with US LTE.
22. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I know just daydreaming I guess..
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Do u prefer Quad-core or LTE.... ?
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well considering I don't have LTE in my area, and probably won't for a while, I'd take the quad-core Exynos with HSPA+ over the S4 with LTE. More power and better battery life, who can complain?
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I have the international version, and Exynos is better than S4!
25. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Samsung spent $822 millions on new R&D headquarter, we will see better products in next few years. This year Samsung spent $20 billions on building new plants.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wishing and my blessings are upon, good luck!
For it was for Samsung and HTC that pushed the boundaries on
high specs. And SONY for designs! & Apple for feel and touch of the phone. NOKIA what can say......
28. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
They have no problem with spec. Just the design...
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I totally agree, if only they started to use materials like HTC does,
34. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
As a person who left Verizon after being a long time customer just to get a Note and jumping on to AT&T for one, bring on Note 2, cause i'll pay the price if samsung does it right! I can't go back to less then 5'' screens now, its just too "inconvienent"
Haters for whatever reasons can enjoy their narrow minded lifestyles with their 4'' screens, the rest of us have moved onto something greater and bigger then you can imagine.
As for the whiners about "not being able to pocket a Note" Maybe if you didn't wear tight ass emo jeans and or butt tight spandex outfits, you could actually pocket a Note but you have other issues beyond that for wearing that type of clothing anyway....
39. wendygarett (unregistered)
i rather keep my current phone and buy nexus 7 and 7inch screen is way better than 5inch
36. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Whenever it shows up i will be purchasing this device on day one when it lands on Tmobile.
37. Samsomesh (Posts: 182; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
@Phonearena i heard that Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy SDuos GT-S7562L hits the FCC!!!.
40. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
it looks like a nice phone! but lets not get our hopes up about the specs.
we dont know what the U.S version will be packing. i love my siii but the
quad core exynos would have been nice. i had the original note and
loved that too. at&t jusy sucks where im at.
41. McSteezy (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
All this needs for me is a huge battery. Bigger than the Razr Maxx. My upgrade was a week ago and I waited for this for the new iPhone. Better be worth it. And it does look ugly.
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7013; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
damn it. i'll just wait till IFA starts. i don't look at any picture that's NOT LEGIT