Android 4.2.2 leaks for Samsung Galaxy S III
Some of the changes you'll find on this leaked version of Android 4.2.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S III that come from the Samsung Galaxy S4 include revamped UI settings, new screen modes, voice controls that allow you to verbally control your phone, and a new version of S Voice. The other changes coming with the update include actionable notifications and new additions to the notification center, white backgrounds for the gallery modes, full screen Samsung apps, and Samsung Smart Switch which lets you move content from another smartphone to your Samsung Galaxy S III.
For instructions on how to install this leaked version of Android 4.2.2 onto your Samsung Galaxy S III, click on the sourcelink. Just remember that this is not an official Samsung release, so make sure you know exactly what you're doing before you start.
source: SamMobile via AndroidAuthority
1. imkyle (Posts: 969; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This was leaked last month. It should be released this month.
16. yowanvista (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nobody told you to buy crap U.S variants, the international I9300/i9305 version works just fine.
20. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
He live's in U S soil and doesn't interested in international version, maybe! You can get it here on a cheapest price with two yr contact, and it just a personal choice.
21. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
And US SGS3 is not a crap, to let you know!
22. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
yea an miss out on that super-ultra-mega-crazy-cray-cray-LTE speed!
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Love it, can't wait to get the SGS3 on Virgin Mobile.
4. waystriker (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Great love it much, I have just upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 yesterday with this leaked ROM, smoother, nicer, specially widgets on the lock screen......
6. twens (Posts: 514; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
And this is why Samsung is king. Even s3 is tasting android 4.2.2 and yet the HTC one is still stuck on 4.1.2
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3861; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
HTC released 4.2.2 for the international One. And this is just a leaked ROM, not an official release.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1175; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Well, if you're gonna compare it like that, the SGS4 got 4.2.2 out of the box...
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3861; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Ok? Good for the GS4. I was talking about the GS3 and HTC One.
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Hoping to come on note 2 :)
10. rcl4444 (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Yes (read the article). Final version for international S3 probably released in Aug. If yours isn't the international model (not carrier locked) then when you get it depends on your carrier - usually between 3 to 12 months after.
11. garz_pa (Posts: 153; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
White background in the gallery is a "feature?" How useful is that!
14. droidboy (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Can't wait to get it on my note 2... If it happens
19. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Just wait and see :)
17. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
The author of this article needs to learn to differentiate between different versions of the S3. This is for the international version not the US versions and its not compatible. The international S3 always gets things about 3 to 6 months ahead of the US. Of course if you go over to XDA or other forums, the custom US ROMs have had these features and more for several months. already so no biggie.
18. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
For those who have gnote 2, and not satisfied with the default auto brightness of your gnote 2,
try using " Velis auto brightness" from Google play. Just tried it right now and it looks good!
I have different high end phones, but no one can come up to it in every categories, except for some those of us complaining about size and design.
The sad thing are, it getting rusty and still we cannot see the 4.2.2 update, and the 4.3 and 5 update is in the corner, and also16 gig of ROM is a pain for high end phones. Anyway, enjoy your gnote 2/galaxies phone.
Upgrading to a new flagship phones with 16 gig ROOM is not worth it as of these days. Have a nice weekend to all! !!
26. skurtz224 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
my galaxy 3 from verizon..still no update :( on my phone