Android 4.0.4 update hits Verizon owners of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
It's hard to believe that it has took this long, but it appears that the anticipated update to Android 4.0.4 has now started to hit Verizon customers with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, though it was rumored that it was going to start earlier this week. The official Build Number is IMM76K and should be available for over-the-air update on your Galaxy Nexus starting today. But often times updates are rolling, which means it may not hit every phone at once. If you are looking to update the device manually, or happen to be rooted, you can check this Droid-Life link for instructions.
Let us know in the comment section if you get the Android 4.0.4 update on your Galaxy Nexus - and what changes you notice on the device.
source: Droid-Life and AndroidCommunity
1. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Just a fair warning to those who are reading this article: THIS IS NOT AN OTA (Over-the-AIr) UPDATE.
You would have to follow the instructions, both non-rooted and rooted devices, in order to install this update. This isn't official instructions and there is no guarantee this update will be the same one as Verizon provides.
If you heed my warning and still eager then please go right ahead and enjoy your radio fix you so have longed for.
3. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
We did get an email from a person that stated they did get this update today via over the air. We would like other owners to let us know if they get the OTA update as well. Thank you.
5. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
That's understandable. I've been following this story off-site and a couple of readers were acknowledging receiving OTA updates but merely a handful:
Edit: Also I checked any recent firmware updates announcements Verizon tends to release but so far nothing.
Edit 2: Fixed URL link.
6. RushFan2112 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
I got rid of my Nexus last week because of the radio issues on 2 different phones.
Doe this update ACTUALLY fix the problem?
7. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Most, if not all, of the people who are claiming to have this update are stating the radio issues are definitely fixed but there isn't an official confirmation on that.
I've been eagerly awaiting for this release myself before buying this phone.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Depends on what radio issues you were having. I had hand off issues between 3G and LTE and the other way around until I installed the 4.0.4 radios.
I did that months ago from the leak and have not had a single issue. Both of my parents have Motorola phones (RAZR and X) and whenever I visit them our signal is always the same.
9. android1234 (Posts: 105; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I'll give it until tomorrow then manually update it.
10. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 262; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Had 4.0.4 for two months now on my Verizon Nexus. Wish i could convince everybody to root and rom because the devs at XDA and Rootzwiki are insane.
12. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Have you looked at the Paranoid Android ROM? It's incredible.
I've been loyal to AOKP the majority of the time with this phone (although i've experimented with a few different devs) and this is a total game changer.
20. mozes316 (Posts: 141; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
My God yes, thats what I'm running now. Love it.
14. KTaylor115 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Nothing - nada - in Dallas - skeptical to say the least.
15. Cha7520 (Posts: 175; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I'm not worried about getting my update. I'm doing away with this phone May 31 and going back to Pre-pay...I'm tired of drama..lies...a defective phone, the speaker going out...reboots...6 seconds for the screen to rotate to landscape..oh and my $106 bill .........IM SOOOO DONE WITH THIS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!
16. KTaylor115 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 May 2012)
don't get me wrong - the phone has been great for me - a little fine tune on the signals is all I see a need for...but the rumors about upgrade are a distraction - going to bail out of reading these posted rumors & wait patiently for OTA update to hit me
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Shocked that I still haven't gotten the update yet lol. NOT
19. fhatdawuck (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Not yet for me. Silicon Valley/South Bay.
21. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 215; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Dam you guys just now getting that update..
22. exo2u (Posts: 24; Member since: 10 May 2012)
@ solidsnake Nice at least you got it. What area do you live in?
25. Slappye (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Does it come to your phone if you're unlocked & rooted (no roms)?
Verizon GN - mid-atlantic area.
27. Andman314 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I think you will need to un-root your phone...... I don't believe the update has been pushed yet to all users.
26. medicci37 (Posts: 530; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Still waiting. Come on Verizon. This is BS !
28. Toomanyrumors (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 May 2012)
There is NO OTA update available yet and posting that there is only makes customers more angry. The snowball keeps getting bigger and bigger as other sites link to this site making people think that 4.0.4 has actually been released by Verzon for an OTA. It would be nice if sites like this would stop posting theses unstubstantiated/inaacurate rumors.