Analyst says Apple's global market share could drop below 10% in Q3 without a new iPhone
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though the new iPhone is launched, the global market share will drop as well.
5. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
How can you know that? Just out of sheer ignorance and hate? Every time Apple launches a new smartphone, it gains market share, then it remains constant for a quarter or two and then goes down again until the new phone comes out.
When Apple launches a mid range smartphone, Android's going to take a hit because mid range Androids lag as hell whereas the mid range iPhone will run smoothly even if it has 4s's specs.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, they will launch a "new" smartphone, but the word "new" is impossible for Apple right now, they keep doing the same thing, the design of their products and their iOS is boring.
And yes, the iPhone never lag like Android smartphones, and it's easy to use, but there's nothing new on the iPhone and iOS. We want something new, a new INNOVATION, Apple needs to change, this is not 2007 any more!
19. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
No, this is not 1990 any more = just an iConboard where you even can not open any object in any app (default app) = dumb phone
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Market Share and profit will go down if Apple don't come up with something NEW and yes that means something NEW! Not just an S with the existing number 5.
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree! We want something NEW, not just an S with the existing number 5!
20. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Don't expect any real innovation like Google glass from outdated apple :-)
21. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, the only INNOVATION from Apple is the iWatch. xD
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 1737; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The iwatch will be new for apple yes, but please don't refer to it as innovative since there are many smart watches out there already.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 11243; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You said that for attention xperia. That's never happened, did get ya lotsa green thumbs though. +1 for achieving your mission lol.
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Huh? I'm saying that because this may be real. Yes, it won't happen right now but it will happen in the future, if Apple keep doing the same thing. :)
For attention? I don't get it! This is not Youtube bro! :(
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 11243; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why are you so adamant that there's no changes coming at apple?
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I believe that Apple will have something new in the FUTURE, but that's not a good idea.
Dark, just think about it, if Apple make something new in the future, Apple will lose the competition, and they will fall slowly into the sinkhole.
The only good idea is Apple needs to make something new ASAP, I hope they will make it in time, before 2015!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 11243; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok I see your point and I agree, but what do you think that something needs to be?
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5753; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
RIM saw their market share crater when they passed on the 2012 holiday season sales. Apple is not RIM/BB, but....
3. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Now this is innovation!
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 1142; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple, even until now, has only put out 1 iphone a year... And they can't seem to manage that!!! What in Hell are they doing all day, at Apple... My goodness, Google employees take naps, and play games at work... And are still able to help out Apple with Maps and Google Now. SMH
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1801; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Apple does always reap in the profits with a minority market share... the problem however is that there is less profitability wiggle room. If even a few people leave the ecosystem it equates to a much larger loss than if the same number converted away from a company like Samsung, as an example.
Analogy: (numbers used are purely for demonstrative purposes for those sticklers out there)
Apple: 10 people each give 100 dollars > 1000 dollars
Company X: 100 people each give 10 dollars > 1000 dollars
If Apple loses 1 of those 10, they only take in 900 dollars. 2 people and they are down to 800 dollars. 3... 700 dollars.
If company X, that has the much larger market share, loses people, it will take a whole lot more to equate the same kind of profitability loss.
Basically, even though Apple rakes in the money with fewer people, it also means they can't afford to lose any.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5753; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah. Next time around, maybe a pic of an apple being eaten by a Samsung logo could be used?
16. StreetNerd (Posts: 705; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
their 'new innovation' is adopting the WP styled UI :') good game well played!
23. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
PA.. can we just please please stop receiving ANYTHING considered a prediction by an "analyst"??
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5753; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Why? The article got 23 posts before this one. 23 is a reasonable number. It is all about eyeball metrics. There were at least 46 eyeballs that saw this article. Probably more that saw the article but didn't post.