Analyst accuses Samsung of not wanting Windows Phone success
1. StreetNerd (Posts: 808; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
all they do is sucking up Microsoft's resources
17. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
it means they didn't want to see nokia.sucessful.......................they are jealous................
34. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
So you meant MS and Nokia need Samsung to be sucessful?
I didnt know they are that much desperate...
48. StreetNerd (Posts: 808; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
they dont... so what ur talking bout? it has nothing to do with needing samsung
62. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I replied to what he(tuss) said;
Sammy dont focus on WP because they dont want to make WP popular so Nokia can earn some money from it.
Isnt that what he just said? or am i too bright to imply?
66. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
he means if more companies make wp device obviously exposure will increase and this would effect samsungs dominance as customers may make the transition from samsungs android devices to there wp8 devices and then to competitor devices from nokia
watch the thumbs down from upset fanboys
139. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I think because of Samsung knows that there is no any great technology to against Nokia. If Nokia also use Android Samsung will because Second or Third
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yeah nokia know they will be on top soon.....windows os is great os.......!!!
91. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1708; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
HAHAHA thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
67. jroc74 (Posts: 5853; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok....why would Samsung care if Nokia is successful? They are competing with Nokia in WP land.
I could understand if you said they didnt wanna see WP or MS successful.
132. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they bail out since they know they cant compete nokia where they stand hard
136. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Correct. It also shows if Nokia went with android they would have F**ked Samsung there as well!
But I for am happy they did not go with android because these fanboys think everything should be android!
I want Nokia to succeed because they make the best designs and bring the best Innovations and have a Sh*t load of patents! but I'm still not sure about WP
58. akki20892 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia's Stephen Elop strategy is still to be the 'clear winner,' even against Samsung and Apple......and that's true........nokia we know you choice right thing for us......!!! Windows is great OS
83. akki20892 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
who dislike my comment.......is that a samsung or iphone fans........!!!! sorry guys but it's true.......Nokia will take over top spot soon........!!!
92. DEVIL.666 (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I thumbed you down you WP Nokia F@g.
There both dead.
Get a life you stupid.
Can't you see WP Nokia users are getting Trolled and bashed.
116. Whateverman (Posts: 3248; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That's not called for dude. It's not that serious.
131. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
first of all its 'they're", second of all, you are the one who should get a life. getting back here, and flaming people for their personal opinion the most "nolife" you can get. you know that you suck big time, right? :D loser...
134. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
the ultimate stupid retard is you you hate others because they dont like android are u american i guess u are thats what u all do impose ur s**t on others get a life
144. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
i know, but sailfish os is the best, no lag + play store
128. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
the question is, why Nokia does not want to make Android succed?? they wanna make special phones with "their" OS like they did with Symbian....I dont know for how long they will succeed, but this is kind of a clever movement, since NOW, i dont know later, they make the best MS phones....of course, with almost no competition, thats becomes an easy achievement.
137. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
One of the main reason Nokia did not go with Android is Google did not want them to use their Nokia maps on the platform! So one would say Google was scared of Nokia maps being better then their Google maps.
3. Diego! (Posts: 546; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I think it's not Samsung's fault but Microsoft's. Samsung offered Ativ S which is great but didn't succeed as expected, therefore, it wasn't launched in all countries. That was really a pitty. I like that phone! :( Hopefully we will see more phones (and better ones) coming from Samsung with WP :D
24. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The Ativ S is an inferior device compared to the Lumia 920, and so why would anybody buy it? If Samsung stops making WP8 devices, then so be it. Does anybody really care?
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're right, no one cares about WPs, except may be Nokia fanboys.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so those who bought the HTC 8s and 8x are nokia fanboys?
please go hate elsewhere, i know you try and act like your reasonable but your the same as the other android fanboys who cant just accept other os's are good to push competition and that android isnt for everyone and isnt perfect
45. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Google will care soon enough, when WP starts stealing a significant porition of Android market-share ;o)
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 18460; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No one cares about android except android fanboys. No one cares about iOS except iOS fanboys. No one cares about Symbian except Symbian fanboys. No one cares about BB10 except BB10 fanboys. Dude whats your point. All os's have their fans, and some like myself like multiple ones " iOS android, and wp8"
88. DEVIL.666 (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
No one cares about a dieing dead platform WP Nokia.
Sales are in decline. Have you seen how low Nokia went with there adverts few months ago.
Once the king Nokia is a tramp toaday selling there headquarters Vertu closing factories redundant.
135. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this one is not a man its a tiny little mad kid with dads phone to play with and some barbie dolls arourd it
140. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
But I heard that Nokia starts to profit again by WP.
how can Nokia die easily? you may not know how many people like Nokia. Nokia is the most talked-about over here so Nokia is very popular. I have been tried Samsung galaxy S Advance, S II, Galaxy S Duos but nothing surprised if compared to Symbian.
124. jroc74 (Posts: 5853; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea.. I am an Android fan....but I care about WP and BB10 to a certain extent. Never say never, no one knows what the future holds.
I can honestly say I dont care about the iPhone tho. Tried it, just didnt like it overall. Has its pros, strengths.
I look at other platforms .........just in case.......just in case.
76. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
No one cared about Android or iOS in their early years, so give WP a break, let it grow.
54. StreetNerd (Posts: 808; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
+ The Lumia 920 was more hyped thn the Ativ S
141. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Hey friend, you don't need to compared Ativ S with Lumia 920 at all. Ativ S can't even compare with Lumia 820 and Lumia 820 offers much better price as well.
4. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Doesn't matter in the least. Why focus on something if it's not going to be successful for you? Let Nokia dominate the marginal Windows phone market.
79. jroc74 (Posts: 5853; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its not so much they wanna see WP fail, they just dont care if it fails. They have success with Android, so thats where most of their attention is. They arent having success with WP.....so they're paying it less attention.
If it was the other way around.....it would be the same thing. Look at how some companies are rumored to not be doing a WP8 or Surface device. Its not just Samsung thats doesnt really care.....its others too.
Let Samsung bring their Galaxy S brand to WP.....watch Samsung pay more attention then. Which reminds me....why dont they have any Galaxy S named WP phones? Nokia isnt really marketing their phones, yet its getting sales. Why does Samsung have to do more marketing? HTC really doesnt market their WP phones too.
It is what it is....
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If this is really so then i love Samsung :)
9. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why? why would you love a company that doesnt care or know of your existence?
and samsung will change there tune if wp continues its growth at the rate its doing so right now
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Lol ... we have been hearing this since times immemorial ... starting from mango tango jango that came out and failed and now we have blue coming then green red magenta WIN Doughs :D
22. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
It takes a lot of time and version updates to the OS to finally get some decent marketshare . Did you know that it took 5 versions of Android (1.0 , 1.5 , 1.6 , 2.0 and finally 2.1) to get a decent marketshare . And look where it is today . It took WP 2 versions to get some marketshare and now finally wth WP8 they are getting some steak in the market .So don't just come out here and start blabbering about how you hate Windows Phone .
72. jroc74 (Posts: 5853; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Going by OS version doesnt tell the whole story.
It also took Android 2 years to start growing in market share. And they launched with less phones than WP. Android's rise began right around the time the Droid 1 and Droid marketing by Verizon and Motorola came out.
Android was also brand new to the mobile arena. Going up against Apple, RIM and the old WIn Mo. Palm was even still around back then.
Now fast forward to 2013...how long has WP been out? And WP isnt MS's first mobile OS.
You cant just go by OS versions and updates.
75. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The primarily reason for Android's success is what Samsung stole from Apple, which accounts for why Sammy got busted in court...
85. jroc74 (Posts: 5853; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If that helps you sleep at night....
The fact that you just dismissed everything I said about the Droid 1, Verizon ....says it all....
10. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
how is that samsung problem with windows os its its very boring and you your phonebook linked to to its windows os alot of ppl dont know there windows id but alot of ppl know there gmail id ijs tho samsung and htc know google the way to go
11. MartianMe (unregistered)
Samsung has the right to focus on anything they want.this is a pretty big accusation. if this statement is wrong could this guy jeff go to jail or get in trouble with samsung?
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 3382; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The only OEM that has any faith in WP is Nokia...and that is only due to the cash injections from ms. I'm sure that Nokia now understands the phrase "Don't put all your eggs into the same basket".
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Nokia is more interested in M$ Coupons than M$ OS ... let M$ stop bribing and then we see what NOKIA does :)
31. papss (unregistered)
I didn't know you we're an insider to Nokia? Wow that's amazing
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1496; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I thinks it´s not that difficult to understand why: in Android the OEMs can differenciate themselves by trying new things both in HW and SW. And Samsung is doing very well on both sides.
Why should they support a platform that does not let them play their streghts?
1) WP does not allow them use their own Exynos chipsets, they have to use the competitors'
2) WP does not allow them to differenciate by upgrading the default SW
So Microsoft strategy is: I make all of you equal so none of you gets to be too powerful
Android on the other hand is a jungle with the only rule of the survival of the best fitted.
Thinking how Samsung does: why should we (for now the king of the jungle) give up our competitive advantages to support a different platform?
They are not really boicotting, just using common sense there.
43. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yes, nobody was able to seperate themselves from the rest of the Android pack as well as Samsung: stealing Apple intellectual property and technology certainly put them in a league of their own! Hail to the thief ;o)
16. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Windows OS is suck and MS making it own phones and tablets too. Good for Samsung to stay away from Windows phone.
27. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Microsoft is making phones? That must be news to them! This just proves just how ignorant and misguided your comments are...
33. papss (unregistered)
And they "is" sucks as he would say ;)
40. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It's not a secret that MS is planning to launch a Surface phone. It's just a matter of time.
47. papss (unregistered)
It's no secret that every company test ideas but that doesn't mean they will come out.. It makes no sense for them to do that. Rumors are just that bro
56. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I heard a rumor that Micosoft is also building a new Mars rover...