AnTuTu announces the world's top 10 best performers for Q2 2014
1. Settings (Posts: 1493; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Surprised that M8 toppled two Galaxy S5s. Way to go HTC!
51. zhiae (unregistered)
real life test sense 6 blows them all
55. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
In a way yes, but the Note 3 is definitely one of the smoothest phones I've ever used.
69. TheMoltenD (Posts: 109; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
The Note series is the best smartphone series, picking up a Note 4 on day one.
71. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same here, unless I pre-order it. Getting the white version this time.
79. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 984; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The white Galaxy Note 3 was a stunner, most underrated phone I've seen, it looks like something very special, I hope the white Note 4 looks as good, as I'll happily snap that up to, definitely preordering.
84. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
i really think m8,E8 and nexus are the smoothest devices. while i agree that note series has always been better then s series . Samsung introduces new features in s series and perfects them in note series . even though note and s series share same camera but still note clicks better pictures .
77. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 984; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Samsung has made it clear that their Note range are the premium devices in their portfolio, they probably make the highest margins on them, while the Galaxy S range are more of a mass market hype machine that is their bread and butter.
98. Settings (Posts: 1493; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Note is the best, it has its own league.
52. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Get a clue.
After the 4.4.2 update, Note 3 has stopped being regarded as benchmark "cheater".
Regardless, the effect was minimal as mine still scores over 35000
91. Cicero (Posts: 858; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Cheater os M8. You know from releasing day one when they revealed the cheat code inside.
94. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
its not a cheat , if u used sense 6 u will notice the option in the settings ( developer option ) that will increase cpu frequency. and since this isnt activated alone and can be activated by the user whenever he wants to , its not cheating bro, the phone is using its full power :)
107. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
I'd attribute the note 3's scores to better ram
106. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
I am surprised to see oneplus one there.
It means they have sold more than 200 phones !
Now we can stop that '2 out of 5 people...' joke.!
108. sachouba (Posts: 155; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
Of course, the M8 automatically uses its "Performance mode" in benchmarks. Understand it cheats.
2. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
As I said before, benchmarks are useless. They are just marketing gimmick.
5. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Of course its a gimmick, my gf's moto G performs better than my old G2 and many other high end phones
8. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Even my friend's S3 works smoothly even if it's more than a year's old. You won't even notice the difference with other phones that were released this year.
92. Cicero (Posts: 858; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Try also somw heavy games on it. If you stay on calling and texting I'm agree with you.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony is terrible at optimizing their software. They need to rebuild a new UI and optimize the hell out of it.
17. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
producing the best phone camera chips but not having the best camera results, only sony can do that, terrible software optimization as always.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Perfect example: S3 performed better than Sony's flagship in 2012. S4 smacked the Xperia Z. People can be in denial all they want, but they are probably the worst at optimization.
25. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Stop lying please. Go away. You wouldn't be there if the Note 3 wasn't on top.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My M8 ranked #2, so yes I still would. Try again next time.
50. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Exactly who are you trying to FOOL ?! We all know what kind of fanboy you are. Please we aren't stupid.
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'll just leave this right here and let you evaluate your life.
33. rms.max (Posts: 94; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
benchmarks & real world performance may not be the same thing all the time.yet most of the people prefer benchmarks.hail gimmicks & marketing. -_-
46. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well the Z even had an inferior/older chipset so yeah
66. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S600 is a rebranded S4 Pro. And I was talking about the camera but okay.
80. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Not really , its each Krait core have some improvement with S600 ~
Please do some research on wikipedia before comment dude ~
S4 Pro is using Krait 200 while S600 is Krait 300 ~
While the GPU part, of S600 is completely different , it is different in term of GPU core and not clock speed even it is marketing as Adreno 320 ~
89. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Well the S600 is a refined S4 Pro therefore it is much better than the S4 Pro, they managed to increase clock speeds for both the CPU and GPU without making it heat more and drain more battery so i'd say it isn't rebranding. BTW loving the battery on the M8 3 days with 5 hours screen on is epic don't have to worry about battery anymore :)
4. NationGuettaTR (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
Lol no LG G3? This is not fair sorry.
11. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Read the article again and you might understand why its not there. Its based on some criteria, plus that 4K display is killing the cpu/gpu benchmarks.
6. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
No Xperia Z2 when it has almost identical specs with a larger RAM?
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Specs =/= optimization. That's why M8 is #2.
44. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2155; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The M8's aluminum build also helps, because of the superior thermal properties.
53. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
and the camera. dont forget the camera.
58. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My M8 tends to overheat when charging when I take it out of my Otterbox Defender.
75. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The heating is not a bad thing it just mean the heat is being release. When you don't feel any heat this the phone is insulating the heat so your GPU/CPU is going to overheating. Anandtech did a good job showing this effect in the S5 review. That is one reason the M8 can get better score on benchmark test
85. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
Hot body=/= overheating. Plastic is a bad conductor hence it remains cooler than metal even when internal temperature is similar . But it is a known fact that devices heat up when charging .
90. LikeMyself (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Wrong! Have you ever used an aluminum phone? The aluminum dissipates heat perfectly from the phone as metal is good conductor of heat and cools the phone quicker unlike the plastoc which traps heat and the body stays hot! Aluminum is premium feel and when cold, it's awesome to hold your phone!! I'm not fighting! Just saying the truth!
103. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
I think you missed my point . I was saying even if plastic phones don't feel hot that does not mean they are not getting hot from inside . metal does help in cooling the device but because it feels hot people think metal phones overheat. i am pro metal built.
14. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Lesson no. 45.654, top hardware does not equal top benchmarks always.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Which is why the 5S crushes almost all of it's competition.
39. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
It's somewhat astonishing seeing two 2k display phones up at the top 10. I'm really curious whether this is conducted with the cheat-prevented version of Antutu or the normal version.
63. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's Quad HD not 2K. Two different things.
7. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
antutu should run a script that identifies whether or not the device is running on stock configuration... any variation outside of the plausible zone should be considered null and void.
then they should issue a warning saying... "your test has been invalidated because you have manipulated the settings and tipped the scales in your favor. Antutu requires that all test be run on default settings and repeating this mistake would get your device blacklisted"
104. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
So if I am a power user and I want to get the best out of my phone .. I cant overclock it?
This is android my boy .. where we configure our phone to our satisfaction and then check if we made the best out of available hardware.!
12. NationGuettaTR (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
Also my friends have Note 3 LTE variant and they can score max 36K on AnTutu and here it scored almost 39K? Lol nope.
15. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Your friends = whole world, ok cool.
76. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2746; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Always Snapdragon, since Exynos doesn't have LTE support yet.
54. joey_sfb (Posts: 5408; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Lenovo phones are very popular in China.
20. phichart (Posts: 263; Member since: 03 May 2014)
OHhhhh Where is Sony Xepria Z2? Not...? hahahaha
Yeap.. Galaxy note 3 is The Best!
Waiting for Note 4!
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Sony users are going to be a little disappointed by this haha. Almost a year later and the Note 3 still remains king. :')
48. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note 3 is the most spetacular phone till now ! Expecting a big sensor in Note 4 and OIS to be perfect !!!!