1Weather is a comprehensive weather app with great visuals and powerful widgets
|Developer: OneLouder Apps||Download: Android|
|Category: Weather app||Price: Free ($1.99 for ad-free version)|
1. android_hitman (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
Had it from the beginning, nice weather app.
24. lsutigers (Posts: 723; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
This app is awesome. Tried a bunch of weather apps and found this to be the best.
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Currently using the beautiful yahoo weather. Gonna try this but paying for just a weather app is insane. But if it manages to impress in the free version i will support the dev.
4. Augustine (Posts: 708; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
After trying a dozen or so weather apps, I finally found an honest one that provides a decent widget for the lock screen with the weather and the time and has no ads: EZ Weather. It's not the most accurate, but accurate enough and requires very little bandwidth and battery.
5. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
A. Widgets are overrated and B. Yahoo weather is better
11. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Nice. You guys know your abc's widgets are nothing but battery drainers and resource hogs. I'm pretty sure if apple ever utilize widgets they'd be far more optimized than the android ones.
19. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You mean they would f/c an cause random reboots, if Apple had them, am I right?
8. PBXtech (Posts: 976; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
D. His iPhone doesn't even have widgets for him to know if they are worth while or overrated.
E. When Apple finally allows a type of widget, he'll rave them as being the greatest iOS addition to date.
9. Joulukas (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
F. I totally agree with you
G. I myself cant go without widgets telling me some vital info more than a week
12. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
H. Not everyone needs widgets
I. Can't you guys think of better material than apple related insults?
13. d_droid (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
J. Can't you come up better material than android related insults? Hypocrit.
22. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'll give you a plus 1 for that.
I'd never suggest you go back to the beginning and start with Apple.
7. HildyJ (Posts: 118; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I agree with the Yahoo Weather votes. The 1x4 widget shows the current weather and the next four hours. The app itself has everything, including radar, on a single scrolling page. Plus it pulls local pictures from Flickr for interesting, varying backgrounds (which show up on the widgets as well as the app.
21. Augustine (Posts: 708; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
And, in order to do all that, Yahoo Weather sucks the life out of the phone battery and the bandwidth out of the plan cap.
14. genkidama20 (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
One thing I didn't like about 1weather was the inaccuracy in my area. Whatever station it is pulling it's information from is usually 5 to 10 degrees off. And it's prediction on rain and sunshine were always off. I used to love Weatherbug, but they stopped supporting their premium service, so I went with Accuweather. Not as pretty/fancy, but pretty accurate.
15. Liveitup (Posts: 1191; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Some parts of this app looks like a Metro app with the solid background, clean fonts etc, kinda reminds me of "amazing weather HD" on WP, Yahoo weather also .
20. Chinda3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Crap weather animation compared to weather widget on oppo colour os ;)
25. Stuntman (Posts: 713; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I was using a combination of Yahoo! Weather for my app, Radar Now! for radar imagery and The Weather Channel for the widget. I decided to switch to 1Weather and give it a try over the next while to see if I want to stick with it. The widget is larger than I would like for the info I want, but at least I don't have to use 3 different apps. Also, I don't have to deal with that annoying splash screen for a few seconds whenever I launch Yahoo! Weather.
27. Stuntman (Posts: 713; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
1Weather just isn't giving accurate forecasts. I'm switching back to Yahoo! for the app and Weather Channel for the widget. I'm keeping 1Weather for the satellite imagery.
26. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
the bottom five icons wasn't that nice, it made the overall effect looks a bit complicated...no offence