Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra User Reviews Back

9.5
9.5

HockeyDood posted on Sep 17, 2021, 9:34 PM
Posts: 80; Member since: May 14, 2010

Solid phone, but lots of little things that add up to a lackluster offering overall

HockeyDood has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've owned a lot of phones over the years, but this may be the most lackluster phone that Samsung has released yet. Or at least is the worst of the 6 Samsung phones I've owned.

Autocorrect doesn't work as expected. Often correcting correctly spelled words to an incorrect spelling, or changing a correctly used word to one that doesn't work, such as in vs on. Duplicate punctuation has been a mainstay since I got the device on launch day. And occasionally autocorrect will change a word that's been spelled correct to duplicate the preceding word. Such as "And occasionally autocorrect autocorrect change a word...." Makes no sense.

The battery life I've seen has been substandard imho. With the refresh rate forced to 60fps, and the resolution turned down to 2400x1080 (middle of the 3 choices), I struggle to see a day and a half of usage even with 5-6 hours of screen on time and 40-50% brightness. I hate to say it, but my iPhone 11 Pro Max routinely saw 2 full days of battery life with the same usage and brightness.

Additionally, I've had A LOT of issues with data throughput. Even with 5G showing as available, sub 10mbps speeds. I'm not sure if that's solely an issue with T-Mobile or with the device itself, but having used the phone in areas I've had other devices before it would seem to indicate the device is the culprit of this issue.

Overall, it's a very good phone with a lot of really great features. Some being absolute best in class (camera, obviously). But for near $1400 (I...

Pros

• High refresh/resolution display, Elite tier camera

Cons

• Battery life less than expected, reception/data speeds substandard in unexpected areas, autocorrect is worse than iPhone

John.Wick posted on Apr 16, 2021, 3:05 PM
Posts: 110; Member since: Sep 09, 2020

Absolute Beast

John.Wick has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The only thing that could have been improved is the charging speeds. Even though 25W is speedy, Samsung should do atleast 50-65W.

That being said, this phone is the best smartphone in every single category.

Pros

• Everything, except the price.

Cons

• Nothing really, as long as you are okay with the price.

wickedwilly posted on Feb 18, 2021, 8:02 PM
Posts: 1469; Member since: Sep 19, 2018

The Best Smartphone todate

wickedwilly has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Quite simply the best Smartphone I have used. It is great in all areas, class-leading in many. The combination of a class-leading display, superb specs that deliver and top-notch software optimised for a big screen yet lasts longer than most phones in medium to heavy use, make a joy to use and the most versatile phone on the market.

With its amazing specification, best in class display and for me class leading software optimised for a larger screen everyday use is not only top class but versatile too.
Quite simply the best display on a smartphone
Amazing battery life, especially considering its feature set. Fast charging and reverse wireless as well.

Pros

• Everthing is great, many like display, design and software class leading.

Cons

• Nothing really, it is expensive but as the most fully featured phone and class leader it justifies its price and looks great value in comparison to the Apple iPhone 12 Max

TonyTostones posted on Oct 05, 2021, 4:41 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 05, 2021

Good but not worth the price tag.

TonyTostones has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Been using this Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra for 6 months and hace found its to be a good handset but just not worth the price tag. The phone is too large to use singlehandedly. I chose the Ultra over the plus for the upgraded camera. Six months in the camera has been somewhat disappointing. There's a S21+ in our household and the photos between them are not very different. The telephoto lenses on the ultra are a cool addition theoretically, but in use the super zoom is pretty unusable and grainy.

Very hard to hear calls.
Not having a headphone jack is annoying.
Slow autofocusing, poor quality in low light situations. No resolution change options.

Pros

• Fast phone.

Cons

• Too large, bad camera and call quality.

-Gavin posted on Sep 19, 2021, 8:51 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 18, 2021

Not entirely impressed

-Gavin has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not owning a Samsung phone in the past, but seeing a friend's s-seris phone, I was impressed at the time with the phone overall, so when I went to get a new phone I had thought the Samsung phone would be a good choice.

I've owned 3 smart phones a $80 Walmart type phone, the Pixel 2, and this phone.

Out of all the phones I've owned, this phone is 2nd place, the frames strength is crap, they decided to ditch the sd card, the camera is disappointing, and it doesn't even come with a charger block depite the huge price.

Samsung's camera software is disappointing, if the software was better I'm sure these cameras would take better pictures, the zoom is cool, but for quick focusing, and just regular use I have a lot of pictures come out worse than on my pixel 2.

I dont understand why both speakers couldn't be in the front, and in screen finger print readers I prefer them on the back it's just more comfortable.

Im not entirely impressed with this phone, if you're thinking of getting one I recommend looking into it a bit before doing so to be sure you'll like it.

The frame strength is crap. I've had this phone in a case since I first got it. Pieces of dust or small particles have got in-between the phone and the case and now there are visable divets in the side of the phone extremely displeased.
I've had some issues here and there nothing too bad.
I have no complaints
I have no complaints
This phone is taller than most media, which results in black bars (wasted screen). I also find the front camera annoyingly distracting
Disappointed I'm coming from a pixel 2, my pixel 2 takes better pictures most of the time
No complaints
Camera software isn't the greatest. Front camera I find distracting, down firing speaker doesn't make sense
No complaints
The display is nice, but, the tallness results in black bars on the sides in most media.
No complaints

Pros

• The screen quality is good
  • Charged completely in an hour
  • The pen support is cool
  • Decent phone

Cons

• No sd card ( they dropped in with this model )
  • No aux port
  • Gameplay is poor on demanding games
  • Camera is dissapointing
  • The frame strength is crap (easily diveted with a case on)
  • In screen finger print scanner (I find back ones more comfortable, and usable)
  • Expensive
  • Down firing speaker
  • I can see the front facing camera constantly and its very annoying

ParhamAz posted on Jul 12, 2021, 9:55 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 12, 2021

SmartPhone of the year

ParhamAz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's the best phone in the market for me, the only thing it needed was sd-card / 3.5mm jack support. Compared to iPhone 12 Pro Max, which is much more expensive in my region, it's the best option. Like how can you accept 60hz display, 12MP main camera with only 2.5x optical zoom, no macro shots and 6gb of RAM for a 2020/21 flagship? It doesn't even have USB-C port. Hopefully they fix these in the future. I think they're bringing 120hz for the Pro/Pro Max models, but iPhone 13 would have 60hz only :| The only thing I appreciate on iPhones, is how social media apps (especially Instagram) have been optimized on them and the fact Apple gave them the luxury status look even if they don't make the best phones

Also compared to Xiaomi mi11 ultra which has similar specs... I can't even buy or find one in a fair price in my country.

It's heavy and big, Phone companies should release a smaller model for their flagship phones.
It can take me through the whole day if I use it normally (camera uses alot of battery), but it needs faster charging.

Pros

• Dynamic AMOLDED 2X 120hz display that doesn't consume the battery as you might expect compared to 60hz
  • Camera (macro, zoom and selfies are the best on this phone)
  • S-pen support
  • One UI 3.1, one of the main reasons I haven't switched to other brands, but it's a personal opinion.

Cons

• It's heavy
  • No charger adaptor in the box
  • No SD-card support
  • 25W charging is not the best option in 2021. Looks like they just wanted to beat the iphone which gives you 20W.
  • The exynos chipset has improved alot but it's still a bit behind snapdragon. If you're a basic user you're not find any difference.