Samsung Galaxy A20 User Reviews Back

KC2FYA posted on Mar 05, 2020, 10:43 AM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 19, 2013

Mid-Range performer

KC2FYA has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was tired of poor data speed and service with a competitor carrier and I took a gamble with the A20 and Metro. Coming from an iPhone Xs (yes a downgrade), I am mostly pleased with the A20 with the 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM. I opted to put a genuine Samsung Micro SD Card 64GB in and also purchased a case and screen protector. The screen is nice and robust. I see pixels on the 720p screen with readers on, but it saves battery.

The audio on calls is excellent, even outdoors. It is loud and crystal clear and I keep the earpiece volume at about 80% or so. The UI is snappy for a mid range phone. Response is fast and touch sensitivity is great. I wish I can keep contact notification settings even if I delete an contact from my SMS List. The fingerprint ID works well.

So far the A20 is working out well as of 3/4/20 where I also received the software update ending in ATB3. I have got the phone almost where I want it setting wise. I am experiencing speeds of over 150/50 Cat 4. Maybe this has a Cat 6 LTE or higher? Take your time registering your fingerprint.

Solid Feel, plastic back is a scratch magnet.
Good RX in my Area on Metro (T-Mobile)
Great earpiece audio. Speakerphone audio is a bit low in volume.
Pretty rapid.
Still need to evaluate
UI is very good. Logical in layout.
I use for Weather Spotting & Ham Radio.
Supplied Keyboard is good.
Real nice display for a 720p AMOLED Infinity. I don't notice pixels unless I have strong readers on.
Stand by and screen-on usage are excellent.

Pros

• Android 9.0 Out of the Box
  • Dolby ATMOS
  • Good AMOLED 720p Screen is vibrant.
  • Good Standby.
  • Raoid Battery charging.
  • Experiencing LTE Speeds over the Cat 4 of 150/50.
  • Great Call Audio (Earpiece).
  • 3/4/20 Software Update ending in ATB3.

Cons

• SMS Notifications must be reset if contact is deleted from SMS List.
  • Speakerphone is a bit low in volume.