OnePlus 3 User Reviews

9.1

drdaly posted on Aug 16, 2016, 11:32 AM
Posts: 78; Member since: Nov 09, 2012

Excellent phone indeed

drdaly has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Build quality is Amazing, colors are grear i got the goldish one awesome actually, internet speeds pretty fast, display is Very bright, super hardware ( processor & 6 gb Ram super !!) , fast fingerprint scanner, several intelligent tweaks here and there made me happy.

Very fast wifi and LTE Speed

Pros

• Build quality is Amazing better than most if not all rivals i couldn't believe it one i had it in hand.
  • Very Fast internet speeds wifi & LTE
  • Display is very bright compared to another qHD devices
  • super hardware ( SD 820 & 6 gb Ram
  • fast fingerprint Best in class
  • Super fast charging (Dash charger tech.)

Cons

• Sadly No memory expansion slot

drdaly alternatives:

CeeIndeed posted on Apr 11, 2020, 6:05 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 11, 2020

My Favorite Phone of All Time

CeeIndeed has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I purchased my OnePlus 3 back in 2016, as it was the first fully new phone I could afford at the time with a price tag of $349. When I finally had the device in hand the only way I can describe the moment is that... it just felt right; it not only looked the part, but it navigated with a buttery smoothness I had never experienced being an avid user of Samsung's pre-owned sloppy seconds. The hype of it all was backed by the stellar performance of the device itself, and I couldn't have been more thrilled.

This phone stayed with me as a daily driver through 2019, when I sold it to a co-worker of mine in need of something reliable. He experienced a lovestruck few months with it until somehow it had fallen out of his vehicle on a freeway and had been run over by another vehicle. (I didn't believe it, but this guy absolutely insisted it was the truth.) Past this unfortunate situation, the phone actually lasted several days beyond this incident with problems beginning to crop up little by little, likely as a result from the internals being sandwiched against themselves. It never died completely, but got stuck in a bootloop which couldn't be remedied.

All in all, this phone in its heyday made me feel like I was in some underground group or exclusive society of people with something different that they all had in common - the phone they used. A weird way to word it maybe, but it was something special. So much so that, in fact, after owning a OnePlus 3, a OnePlus 6, and a OnePlus 7 Pro...

My particular device was dropped countless times in my possession and never showed any major signs of damage beyond a small dent in the bottom right corner of the aluminum backing. Later in its life, the phone was run over by a vehicle after being dropped on the freeway and it went out like a trooper. It suffered only minimal cosmetic damage (bending in the back, shattered camera lens glass, and chipped - not cracked - front glass) and continued to run mostly normally for several more days unti
Now, this is based on your network provider. I originally used this device with a prepaid T-Mobile service and got far superior service beyond what I was used to from previous handsets. Eventually I switched to a Cricket prepaid account on AT&T's network and the speed was blazing fast for the time. At the time, I lived in a mostly rural area and received in the neighborhood of 60-70Mbps download and 25-30Mbps upload. With an unlimited data plan having no hard caps or throttling, my phone ende
Call quality was good for the time. Occasionally I would experience dropped calls when I had full signal strength in relatively close proximity to a tower. As for calling features like VoLTE, HD Voice, and WiFi calling, I cannot attest whether or not these services worked well as my carrier did not support them at the time.
Browsing the internet was really smooth using Google Chrome. Pairing the app with the phone's 6GB of RAM made for running multiple tabs at once a really enjoyable experience. After owning my device for a while, I did suffer from some strange timeout to different sites at random intervals. Ultimately, I had to hard reset the phone to factory defaults, and the issue wasn't present anymore.
The OnePlus 3 really shines through when it comes to games, even in its later years. It can even handle more graphically intense games and apps fairly well now. It won't be the best experience in the world, but solid performance in the 45-60 fps range for most games was acceptable to me, and is plenty good for the average user.
Okay. The camera wasn't ever a focal point (pun intended) of the marketing for this device. It was all about speed and battery and the experience. But, MY GUY... this camera is by far my favorite in the class of single-rear-lens devices. I took so many absolutely stunning photos with this phone. The edges of the frame are nearly as crisp as the middle of the image. Color reproduction in my eye isn't exact, but it pops in just the right way without being overbearing or excessive. 4K video at 30f
Easily a solid ten for UI. I loved the fact that there was no lag in any of the menus if I decided to run an app or fifteen on my OnePlus 3. The interface was intuitively designed with the user experience in mind, and refinement with OnePlus' OxygenOS was definitely a home-run on this device.
There was nothing this phone couldn't do. I would make it a point to have a "user benchmark duel" with my friends. Whatever their phone could do, the OnePlus 3 did better. "Both our phones are at ten percent charge, let's see what happens!" as well as the, "Oh, that's 2 gigs of RAM? Here's what 6 can do," kinda thing. I was literally trying to get everyone I knew hooked on this device for how solid and reliable it was in every regard. I wanted them to fall in love with this stunningly simple-to
Messaging and typing were flawless, frankly. The haptic feedback was good but not jarring. Some people I knew who had this phone would sometimes mention a weaker than expected vibration motor especially when typing, but it honestly seemed fine to me. I find myself putting together poetry, notes, events, and reminders on the fly all the time, and the OnePlus 3's haptic feedback was nothing short of feeling like I had typed something worthwhile and important with every character I tapped!
In my opinion, the top and bottom bezels were quite large for even a phone of its time. But since this is about the screen, the bezels have no pull in this category, but I thought it worthwhile to mention. The screen on this phone is beautiful. I strangely prefer the higher color saturation for some reason, but I also liked that they quickly patched the software with an update allowing you to change this setting. I ended up watching most of the Breaking Bad series exclusively on this phone and
The battery blew me away. I could wake up for work, plug in the phone (completely dead at times) and have enough power to get me through the day and then some by the time I was ready to leave for work. I believe in one of the later updates, optimization was included to select what apps were allowed to do what in the background, further elongating the battery's charge life. The battery was perhaps a touch on the small side, but the Dash Charge definitely outweighed that one drawback overwhelming

Pros

• Beautiful screen
  • Sharp camera and processing software combo
  • Extreme reliability
  • Fiercely competitive specs
  • Blazing fast navigation
  • Long term support from OnePlus in terms of updates
  • An absolute unit of a device that can stand up to almost anything
  • Just has a magical feel about it that only comes with an early OnePlus phone
  • Excellent fingerprint scanner

Cons

• Storage is non-expandable
  • Battery is a bit on the small side

CeeIndeed alternatives:

DavidGolber posted on Dec 27, 2018, 8:04 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 27, 2018

Unusable

DavidGolber has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Would not receive 4G (I think!) with T-Mobile chip.

My usual apps ("When is my bus coming") did not work.

OnePlus chose to cook up their own symbols ... it doesn't show bars, and does not say "4G", etc. And, amazingly, OnePlus has nothing in the box or on their web site to explain what _their_ symbols mean. I am astonished at this incompetence. I had a chat with their "support" people, who were (1) able to use plain English, and (2) were unable to explain OnePlus's symbols. I asked "What does the little 'E' mean?" And he said it stands for "Edge". Gee, and what does _that_ mean?

I consider it unusable, and I am sending it back.

Dont kow
Dont know
Dont know
Didn't work
dont know

Pros

• Shiny

Cons

• Unusable

dlgabel posted on Oct 20, 2016, 2:57 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 20, 2016

oneplus 3

dlgabel has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this is a great phone for the price... it has a great software performance, good camera, good battery life and the desing is beautiful... claerly better than a lot of flagships. definitely a very good phone for 400

Fho0ody posted on Sep 07, 2016, 8:37 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 07, 2016

It is awsome

Fho0ody has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There are those who always tries powerful phone and the manufacture of high capacities, but at much less than competitors in the top category, such as Samsung and Apple, and others. But most of the time they fail, and find that the low price is a trick behind them disappears some defects which do not notice at first glance. But the development team in OnePlus was able to make a phone Who actually realize those hopes, just making a phone at a very reasonable may belong to the middle class, but very high specifications and performance may satisfy anyone's ambition.

Pros

• Dach charger
  • USP Tybe-c
  • Alauminum
  • 6 GB Ram
  • 64GB
  • Duble tap screen ON

Cons

• Battery is 3000 and the oneplus 2 is 3300
  • No sdcard
  • The camera
  • no wirless charging

gordiclazar posted on Aug 28, 2016, 4:34 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 28, 2016

A True Flagship for half the price of the rest!

gordiclazar has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

So i have owned this phone for a bit less than 2 months, and im truly amazed by it. Every day i like it more. Even though i was expecting a good phone, this is something far better and far beyond i could imagine i would get! The phone has absolutely NO REAL FLAW! You cannot find a single thing about it that is objectively a "flaw", only some personal preferences that might not be to everyone's liking.

It is flawless phone for real! Of course every phone could always be better and 1+3 could sport a bigger battery, a higher resolution screen and a SDcard slot...BUT then it would be with no doubt the best phone in the world in my opinion. And that is just impossible if you want a 400$ price!
The first ever phone that blew me away like this... im honoured and proud to own it. Real masterpiece. I can say that freely, and i say something like that about stuff so rarely, almost never.

Best camera you can get for even bigger amout of money, comes very close to galaxy s7 series and iPhones.
UI is fast as f**k. Never got lag, never had even one crashed app!! And i won the phone for 2 months, unbelieveble.
Everyday usage is incredible, best performer and best phone i ever owned (Including all the Galaxy s series)
Screen is beautiful and vibrant, 9 only coz it is not QHD
Could have fit a bigger battery, but very good battery nontheless. 5.5-6h SOT average

Pros

• Absolute lightning performance and speed
  • Beautiful AMOLED screen
  • Fastest fingerprint scanner
  • Very very good camera
  • Beautiful built quality
  • FLAWLESS phone!

Cons

• Could be a bit thicker and then would have more battery
  • No sd card slot even tho it had space i the sim tray to fit
  • With QHD resolution it would be perhaps the best phone u could get, not just for 400$, but for any money!

gordiclazar alternatives:

hudbenz1 posted on Aug 12, 2016, 1:02 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 12, 2016

hudbenz1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had a GS5 and oh man it was an upgrade, this phone is wicked fast. Still, I have not yet had any lag or slowdowns during my use, the battery is alright. I have no problems with the screen. Personally I like the coloring on the phone screen. Camera is great but not the best in the world, but it will take great shots and videos (you just need to mess with the manual setting, and if you do it just right you will get shots the same as a GS7. Never had a call drop, or text not received. I really like the phone and I hope that it holds up down the road.

Zero dropped calls
As fast as my computer
Again its not the best, but if you mess with the manual setting to get the perfect shot you will get it
Stupid fast
People (trolls) are hating the screen, but there is no problem with it and the coloring is perfect. Personally, I feel that the people that give it a bad wrap are the people who haven't used it and are judging it by pictures and specs.
I wish that they would fill in the camera bump with battery like they did with the oneplus one, but I manage to go almost the entire day on one charge, but the dash charge is no lie, super quick and can top of your battery in half an hour, which is fantastic when you go out at night and need that extra push for the rest of the night.

Pros

• Dash Charge
  • 6 gb ram, that has been updated to be fully used
  • Fast UI
  • Clean OS

alycheema posted on Aug 03, 2016, 7:38 AM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jan 06, 2011

great phone... amazing value

alycheema has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Over the last two years i've used LG-G2, S6Edge and S6 active. And neither failed to disappoint in one way or another. So i was extremely skeptic in getting a not so famous OnePlus3. But the sheer fact that i haven't had to spend a small fortune to get a high-end phone takes the satisfaction level way up in the green in this case.
And this is by all means a high-end phone. Clearly made from high quality material so looks and feels premium, has the innards comparable to any flagship with the performance to match.
it's definitely not perfect but then nothing is... if you want a phone that offers a bulk load of fancy apps, and features out of the box then get and S7, Note or iPhone. With OnePlus3 you get close to stock android features & apps. i would recommend this phone to anyone who doesn't mind downloading an app or two based on the features they need.

solid feeling metal body... looks and feels great
LTE Cat-6 works great as expected... in fact it appears better than my S6
really good built-in loudspeaker quality...
decent camera... not comparable to S6 though
lasts me just under a day...

Pros

• great build quality
  • best in class fingerprint scanner (the difference is noticeable)

Cons

• would've loved a built-in calendar app...
  • it would be hard to go back to a standard fingerprint scanners after this one

danielhappyg posted on Jul 22, 2016, 7:01 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 22, 2016

Awesome phone

danielhappyg has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Definitely a premium phone.
With the price almost half of galaxy s7 this phone sure give an excellent experience for users.
The downside is definitely there's no expandable storage option, fir that i think oneplus can give an option of bigger internal storage like iphone or xiaomi with mi5.
There's definitely room for improvement with battery life but well dash charge solve the battery problem for me

saeedshakil posted on Jul 11, 2016, 11:37 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 18, 2014

one of the best android smartphone of 2016

saeedshakil has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

best phone of 2016 after samsung galaxy s7 edge and s7.
under 400 us dolar its awesome phone.worth buying.very fast ui.overall its a very vey good phone.its not flagship killer.its a killer flagship.

Pros

• great built,charging time,performance,super fast ui,good camera,

Cons

• battery back up time is not so much good.could be better
  • accessory not available

vilppp posted on Jul 08, 2016, 4:09 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 08, 2016

Flagship killer for me!

vilppp has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

OnePlus 3 is overall a really good phone, and probably the best for the price. Some cons u can still find, no micro sd card slot (doesn't bother me though) and shaky videos. Also some of the biggest games doesn't load as fast as they could, but that should be able to be fixed by software update, like RAM management got fixed.

Pros

• 6 Gb RAM
  • Build quality
  • Price
  • Battery life (lasts whole day for me)
  • Extremely fast phone

Cons

• Shaky videos
  • No micro sd card slot

Android666 posted on Jun 18, 2016, 4:25 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 18, 2016

The flagship killer 2017?

Android666 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone has A very premium feeling. with te 5.5 inch screen it fits perfectley in the hand. And the specs are very good. Want more do you need?
There are not A lot of bad point to the phone but i can think of 2. No micro sd card. And the 6gb ram is not working as well as it should be i had to reload some apps several times. But for A 400 dollar phone it is the best of the best that you can get so i would say buy it.

Pros

• Snapdragon 820
  • Nice display
  • Oxygen os
  • Android 6.0 marchmallow
  • Very fast
  • Feels good
  • Nice disign
  • Nice camera

Cons

• No micro sd card
  • 6gb ram is not pereforming as it should