Meizu m2 note User Reviews

aReefer posted on May 26, 2016, 4:20 PM
Posts: 53; Member since: Mar 21, 2015

M2 Note - Almost One year on...

aReefer has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Considering the price I am very happy with my M2 Note.

The screen is excellent and colours are natural. I also find it to be bright enough to use in daylight in most situations.

It is very responsive in spite of not having the hottest chipset, and the camera is passable, though it has some issues such as slow focus, and quite often there is blur because of incorrect focus and longer exposures owing to the aperture size.

It initially had some speaker and sound issues that were corrected by regular firmware updates from the company and other than that, everything works well.

Battery life is well above average for most phones today at just north of 3000 MaH. and I easily get a full 24 hrs out of it with moderate to heavy usage.

The main issues that I do have with it are software design related, such as no feature to allow you to assign custom ring tones (or MP3's) to specific contacts (this is 2016!).

Pros

• Value for money.
  • Display (1080p Sharp Igzo).
  • Battery life.
  • Minimalistic design.
  • Size / dimensions.
  • Pretty rugged. Been dropped a few times with no serious damage.
  • I love the 'one-button' design that has only one touch-sensitive button that serves as both the 'back' and 'home' (when physically pressed) functions.
  • Built-in 'auto-mute' to silence the phone between certain hours on certain days, which saves me from being bothered by work calls over the weekend and at night.
  • Individual app permission settings that over-ride Googles.
  • Native support to easily root the phone.
  • Dual SIM support means that I can carry my personal phone number and my work-supplied number in the same device. No more having to carry 2 separate phones around.

Cons

• No personalized ring tones.
  • Takes a while to charge (understandable).
  • Plastic back.
  • Central power button placement on the side (often turns it off when I use the car phone cradle which pushes the power button accidentally).
  • No Marshmallow-based Flyme update (yet).
  • I got the 16 GB version (better to spring for the 32 GB)
  • My specific device has a flaw with the touch calibration near the edges of the display that make typing text a bit frustrating (sometimes I have to touch below the key that I actually want to press in the bottom row) - but I got used to it.