x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input9.7/10
Everyday usage9.7/10
UI speed9.7/10

DFranch
posted on 02 Jan 2018, 14:37 (Posts: 311; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)

1st LG phone. Love it!!!

DFranch has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This has been a really great phone. the battery life is amazing. the size is perfect, and I'm seeing none of the widely over exaggerated screen problems. My screen is perfect. I find the wide angle camera to be quite useful. I also don't understand all the complaints about the interface, I'm actually using the default launcher. I could never do that in a samsung phone. Absolutely no regrets purchasing this phone!

• Screen ratio
  • fingerprint sensor
  • Battery Life!!
  • performance

Cons

• selfie camera

dragon76
posted on 21 Dec 2017, 16:43 (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)

LG.... almost perfect

dragon76 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I will say that the phone is a pretty good looking product. I am only concerned about some of the build quality issues that I have encountered. 1. The screen is pretty nice but it doesn't look 100% like an OLED with blacks not being as "deep black" as Samsungs. Also the screen has some "waving" issue right below the front facing camera, below the gorilla glass.

The camera is pretty impressive yet lacks low light quality, guess Samsung and HTC spoiled me with high quality low light pics.

The audio is super impressive and it is definitely a good selling point for this phone.

Battery is the best out there....

but overall it is a very good phone

0/10

Pros

• Audio

PSAfromThisGuy
posted on 28 Oct 2017, 15:24 (Posts: 103; Member since: 16 Jan 2017)

First time LG user

PSAfromThisGuy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been a Motorola user for the past 6+ years. I finally needed a change after I was constantly let down by the camera quality. I work in the wireless industry, and have always preferred the less popular high-end smartphones. I decided after my Motorola Turbo 2 that I should give LG some love. I have had the phone for a week so far, and I love it. It was easy to capture a pretty good quality picture of the stars. It definitely see's more than the naked eye. I love the pro camera features, and over all, the size of the V30 is comparable to my previous Turbo 2 by Motorola. I understand that LG hasn't had the best reputation so I was hesitant... however, their 2 year warranty definitely made the decision a lot easier. If this phone continues to prove to me how much I already love it, I could see LG making a substantial come-back. Right now, I recommend this phone to anyone. Cases are a bit hard to find in stores.

Blueprintsrecords
posted on 25 Oct 2017, 13:40 (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2017)

Another User Who Loves LG V30

Blueprintsrecords has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I notice all the units shipped to reviewers have screen uniformity problems, blotching, whatever. Actual owners seem to not have this problem. Add me to the list. I was looking for screen problems but you know what? The screen is amazing! I love this phone and I’ve had smartphones going back to Palm Pilot. Something strange is going on here. I’ve checked owner reviews everywhere I can find them and 99% love this phone but all the review units have problems. Suspicious. BTW I got 2 on TMobile’s BOGO and they’re both perfect.

• Connectivity
  • HDR Ready
  • Lightweight

naittosan
posted on 16 Oct 2017, 15:24 (Posts: 238; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)

Lg V30 best all around smartphone

naittosan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the V30 Oct 5th, read the user manual twice over to make sure I didn't miss anything. Let's face it we can find short coming in any phone if we look hard enough. But if we look back ten years ago we should be amazed at any phone we are holding in our hands today. I personally like the V30 because of it's lack of external physical buttons. It's so easy to hold without hitting all the buttons on the s7 edge I had. It also have the features I love with the camera, and music quality. So too me I would say this phone is perfect because I am happy with it. I guess that's what it comes down too, get what you are happy with, not what someone else says you'll be happy with.

0/10

Pros

• Easy to hold and operate.

midhath93
posted on 16 Oct 2017, 03:46 (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)

Camera? Quad DAC? Display? Battery? What else? Best phone ever hands down!

midhath93 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Well i dont know where to start. This is just my second review and how amazing, both are of LG. Though i have used samsung, tried Iphone, Pixel and recently had one plus 5 as well.

Question 1. Is there any phone that comes close to how great the V30 is? Nope. Not even close.
Question 2. What's so great?
Well, I honestly dint expect a flagship phone which has such a high resolution display which is 6.0' to last a full day of usage and still have 30% remain end of the day. Best battery life phone that i have used for last 6 years of smart phone era for me.
Secondly, I own a Canon EOS 750D. I take photos. Lots of them. Like crazy amount of them. Im willing to sell my lovely 750D now. Hope that's enough said? Yes. This piece of thing is brilliance written all around it. Yes. The V30.

Thirdly, display and performance. top notch. i assume that was expected right? Well it exceeds the expectation believe me. Just brilliant.

Lastly, the music experience once you connect the headphone is just out of this world. You will find the difference in each and every beat.

• Cine video
  • Graphy
  • Always on display

ZPM101
posted on 15 Oct 2017, 11:35 (Posts: 36; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)

LG V30 is amazing!

ZPM101 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've owned and used the V30 heavily since release. 1 week now. Hands down the best, most impressive device I've owned to date. No cons at all. Stellar in every (and I mean EVERY) way! I'm so glad I waited. I've owned Flagship Samsung, LG, and Nokia in recent years and they always had something lacking, but the V30 is is a new breath of fresh air for me. 100% satisfied.

• Camera and Video
  • Build quality
  • Audio
  • Speed and functionality
  • Overall size dimensions

wildcat80
posted on 05 Oct 2017, 20:54 (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)

Fantastic Phone!!!

wildcat80 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great quality, great screen, headphone jack. The best of the best. This is the best of the 2017 flagships! It’s also the best LG that I’ve used. As fast as any Android on the market, best screen to body ratio and all the little things are done right.

0/10

Pros

• Great screen
  • Very fast UI
  • Headphone jack
  • Very good battery

lozanro
posted on 28 Sep 2017, 04:14 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)

Definitively a good evolution of the V series

lozanro has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Digging the Quad DAC (which is available to all, unlike G6's market discrimination).
The screen is awesome - it was about time LG passed to OLED.
A stylus would be a really good addition to compete with the Note 8 series.
Otherwise - excellent smartphone - better than the preceding flagships of both G and V series.

0/10

Pros

• Quad DAC

Cons

• Lack of stylus

lozanro alternatives:

Furkan
posted on 24 Sep 2017, 04:15 (Posts: 344; Member since: 25 Feb 2017)

Enough quality

Furkan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Don't have problems for now.Definitely better than my old G5.I wasnt have time for waiting LG G7 so I bought it.I think there wont be any rooting way or flashing rom like other LG phones.But I had to prefer V30 because Note8 is overpriced for me. To me you can prefer it...

0/10

Pros

• POLED
  • Floating Bar
  • Quad DAC

Cons

• Speakers

zachki17
posted on 24 Sep 2017, 04:13 (Posts: 294; Member since: 14 Sep 2014)

Best phone 2017

zachki17 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Got it last week and i test it by myself this phone is amazing peace of art the look the design the feel in the hand the performance gamings snaping listen to music this is the best phone i ever owned

0/10

Pros

• OLED DISPLAY
  • SLIM BEZELS
  • PERFORMANCE
  • BUILD QUALITY
  • SPEAKER
  • QUAD DAC
  • REAR CAMERA THE BEST CAMERA EVER ON A PHONE
  • BATTERY LIFE GET UP TO 10H SCREEN ON TIME

Cons

zachki17 alternatives:

chicchaz
posted on 07 Feb 2018, 16:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Dec 2015)

Just got it and it's great!

chicchaz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone a few days ago to replace my dear but ailing HTC 10. My short list included the V30 and the Note8 and I'm glad I went for the LG. I bought it used locally, and although I won't tell you how much I paid for it, let's just say the price got the attention of the salesperson at T-Mobile who helped with activation. ;)

So far, I'm loving the screen, the form factor, the looks (I'm getting a clear case for it soon), the call quality (absolutely crystal clear), the battery life and the audio quality. I'm an audio engineer and didn't want to downgrade from the excellent DAC in the HTC. One thing I do miss is the adaptive BoomSound on the HTC. It's something I never thought I'd use in the first place because I'm an audio snob. However, it helped my earphones sound full, especially on transit commutes. I could always tell when it wasn't engaged and missed it. I may find a substitute for that on the V30 via an app.

Also in the 'missing it' camp, is the notification LED. I'm running an app that puts a 'blinking LED icon on the screen' but it's making it confusing determining if the phone's locked or not. This and getting used to the rear fingerprint sensor I'm sure will get worked out in time. This is the future, baby!

I have a favorite keyboard but gave the LG's built-in one a run for a day. It's excellent, but evidently I'm a creature of habit, and went back to my old Swype. I've been using Swype for so long I know where all of the symbol keys are located without...

• screen
  • lack of bezels
  • full screen support
  • 1/8
  • quad DAC
  • wireless charging
  • SD card slot
  • no notch!

Cons

• no notification LED

chicchaz alternatives:

davej0o
posted on 11 Jan 2018, 06:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jan 2018)

LG V30 Loving it

davej0o has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

1st LG phone and been using this phone for over a month. All the screen issues that is being bashed at this phone is not right. I have no problems with the screen and outdoor visibility is good. Listening to FLAC and WAV format Audio on this phone is a Joy (truly an audiophile phone). The Rear Cameras are very good and it really shines with the Manual Mode. Selfie obsessed people are in for a dissapointment as the front camera is just OK. After using it for I got used to the UI and UI is average but the UI speed is very much flagship. The build quality is also excellent. Overall I love this phone.

0/10

Pros

• Camera (especially manual mode)
  • Music
  • Fast UI
  • High Res Screen

Cons

• Front Camera
  • UI Design
  • Comes with Nougat out of the box

aireaton42
posted on 18 Nov 2017, 12:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Nov 2017)

Good, but far from perfect

aireaton42 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a phone for anyone who values headphone audio, a lot of camera controls, and the audio quality at live concerts. But if you don't value those things, there are a lot of things on this phone (weak speaker, just bad front camera, and a pretty ugly UI) that are somewhat of a letdown, especially for the price of more than $800.

Personally, I love the DAC and AMP and the very nice camera. However, I do wish that I had gotten a different phone or at least consider another one of the options below. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice overall phone, however nice just doesn't justify the price.

0/10

Pros

• Headphone DAC and AMP is EPIC
  • Display is very good in normal to bright light
  • Battery life is all day
  • UI is overall speedy
  • Rear camera is good
  • Call quality is great
  • Vibration motor is on point with Apple

Cons

• The front camera is just... the worst ... easily the worst thing on this phone
  • display sometimes looks funny in extremely low light
  • UI is fast, but it does not justify its existence over stock Andriod
  • The speaker is bad, the worst i have ever heard on a smartphone
  • The phone is so light that it feels a piece of glass with a case on it
  • Software update future is looking bleak

aireaton42 alternatives:

Qsr-1
posted on 16 Oct 2017, 08:45 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Oct 2017)

V30: Best of LG

Qsr-1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is best device from LG till now. I love it. Best audio, display, UI, camera, and most important best battery life. It is really premium phone of year from LG. I hope LG will continue improving devices in future.

enonono21
posted on 12 Oct 2017, 09:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Oct 2017)

Read this if you are stuck between Galaxy Note/8, Pixel XL2, and/or iPhone

enonono21 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've owned a lot of phones in my lifetime and I consider myself a smartphone snob; I research for eternity or wait MONTHS until competition to arrive to compare. To be honest, I was leaning towards either buying the Pixel XL 2 or the iPhone X, but once I held the V30, I knew this was my next phone. This is an absolute killer: every crevice of this device was built with the consumer in mind. I cannot believe the amount of attention to detail and market research LG did in creating this phone. It's lightweight, but not cheap. It has a 6in pOLED screen, but the form factor is perfect for any hand size. Headphone jack AND a quad DAC?... if you have not tried listening to music with a good DAC, I highly suggest you try it before you say anything. Needless to say the audio experience is golden. The camera is also incredible. You can watch youtube reviews of the camera since my words can't do it justice. If you use this phone for a few days and say there is a phone is better, you're either an apple f***boy or a samsung snob that is jealous that your main rival created a masterpiece that is worth competing against the Note and Galaxy line. Remove your head from your asses and get this phone #noragrets

0/10

Pros

• Quad DAC
  • Headphone Jack
  • Qi + Fast Charge

Cons

• No front firing speakers

enonono21 alternatives:

Wanutibit
posted on 07 Oct 2017, 22:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Aug 2017)

Got it a few weeks ago, amazing phone.

Wanutibit has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Everything about it seems to fly, along with the beautiful cameras taking amazing shots. Can't wait to see this thing get Oreo, battery life seems to be really good with around 4-5 hours of screen on time. Hope this gets some fast updates as LG has lacked in the past.

Mahdif2
posted on 06 Oct 2017, 06:54 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Oct 2017)

Everything you want from a phone

Mahdif2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Really great really.It's all great. Its screen is very high-quality. His camera stunned me. Its operating system really goes. Design is superb. The quality of the headphones is the best in the world.............................................​..................................................​....................................

Pros

Cons

• nothing

ezekwang
posted on 05 Oct 2017, 17:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Oct 2017)

LG V30

ezekwang has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing, LG stepped the game up and now this phone is better than the note 8 and the iphone 8.
Finger print senser is great
good amout of RAM
Phone runs really fast
Slim phone disign
Good large 6 inch display

0/10

Pros

• Great screen
  • Amazing Camera

omar92
posted on 04 Oct 2017, 15:08 (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Dec 2016)

V30

omar92 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Almost the perfect phone, it would need stereo speakers and a bigger battery to complete the perfection. But overall this phone has higher quality and features than a average user would need. Oledi is great, Quad DAC is the best quality, and the camera is like a profesional.

0/10

Pros

• Perfect screen
  • Pro videos

Cons

• average speaker

omar92 alternatives: