x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Build quality9.8/10
Text input9.8/10
Everyday usage9.9/10

naittosan
posted on 3 days ago, 15:24 (Posts: 236; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)

Lg V30 best all around smartphone

naittosan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the V30 Oct 5th, read the user manual twice over to make sure I didn't miss anything. Let's face it we can find short coming in any phone if we look hard enough. But if we look back ten years ago we should be amazed at any phone we are holding in our hands today. I personally like the V30 because of it's lack of external physical buttons. It's so easy to hold without hitting all the buttons on the s7 edge I had. It also have the features I love with the camera, and music quality. So too me I would say this phone is perfect because I am happy with it. I guess that's what it comes down too, get what you are happy with, not what someone else says you'll be happy with.

Pros

• Easy to hold and operate.

ZPM101
posted on 15 Oct 2017, 11:35 (Posts: 36; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)

LG V30 is amazing!

ZPM101 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've owned and used the V30 heavily since release. 1 week now. Hands down the best, most impressive device I've owned to date. No cons at all. Stellar in every (and I mean EVERY) way! I'm so glad I waited. I've owned Flagship Samsung, LG, and Nokia in recent years and they always had something lacking, but the V30 is is a new breath of fresh air for me. 100% satisfied.

Reception 9/10 Maybe the radio needs a firmware update, but overall, very,acceptable.
Internet 9/10 Maybe the radio needs a firmware update, but overall, very,acceptable.
Battery 10/10 I wish I could go higher than 10 for this review. It's unbelievable! With moderate/regular use, one could go all day and still have 40% left. Under high usage, one will be at 15-20% after 14hrs. Truly amazing. I don't play video games on mobile devices so, your mileage may vary in the regard.

• Camera and Video
  • Build quality
  • Audio
  • Speed and functionality
  • Overall size dimensions

wildcat80
posted on 05 Oct 2017, 20:54 (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)

Fantastic Phone!!!

wildcat80 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great quality, great screen, headphone jack. The best of the best. This is the best of the 2017 flagships! It’s also the best LG that I’ve used. As fast as any Android on the market, best screen to body ratio and all the little things are done right.

Pros

• Great screen
  • Very fast UI
  • Headphone jack
  • Very good battery

Furkan
posted on 24 Sep 2017, 04:15 (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Feb 2017)

Enough quality

Furkan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Don't have problems for now.Definitely better than my old G5.I wasnt have time for waiting LG G7 so I bought it.I think there wont be any rooting way or flashing rom like other LG phones.But I had to prefer V30 because Note8 is overpriced for me. To me you can prefer it...

Pros

• POLED
  • Floating Bar
  • Quad DAC

Cons

• Speakers

zachki17
posted on 24 Sep 2017, 04:13 (Posts: 294; Member since: 14 Sep 2014)

Best phone 2017

zachki17 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Got it last week and i test it by myself this phone is amazing peace of art the look the design the feel in the hand the performance gamings snaping listen to music this is the best phone i ever owned

Pros

• OLED DISPLAY
  • SLIM BEZELS
  • PERFORMANCE
  • BUILD QUALITY
  • SPEAKER
  • QUAD DAC
  • REAR CAMERA THE BEST CAMERA EVER ON A PHONE
  • BATTERY LIFE GET UP TO 10H SCREEN ON TIME

Cons

zachki17 alternatives:

Qsr-1
posted on 4 days ago, 08:45 (Posts: 1; Member since: 4 days ago)

V30: Best of LG

Qsr-1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is best device from LG till now. I love it. Best audio, display, UI, camera, and most important best battery life. It is really premium phone of year from LG. I hope LG will continue improving devices in future.

midhath93
posted on 4 days ago, 03:46 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)

Camera? Quad DAC? Display? Battery? What else? Best phone ever hands down!

midhath93 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Well i dont know where to start. This is just my second review and how amazing, both are of LG. Though i have used samsung, tried Iphone, Pixel and recently had one plus 5 as well.

Question 1. Is there any phone that comes close to how great the V30 is? Nope. Not even close.
Question 2. What's so great?
Well, I honestly dint expect a flagship phone which has such a high resolution display which is 6.0' to last a full day of usage and still have 30% remain end of the day. Best battery life phone that i have used for last 6 years of smart phone era for me.
Secondly, I own a Canon EOS 750D. I take photos. Lots of them. Like crazy amount of them. Im willing to sell my lovely 750D now. Hope that's enough said? Yes. This piece of thing is brilliance written all around it. Yes. The V30.

Thirdly, display and performance. top notch. i assume that was expected right? Well it exceeds the expectation believe me. Just brilliant.

Lastly, the music experience once you connect the headphone is just out of this world. You will find the difference in each and every beat.

Camera 10/10 if i could rate it more.
Display 10/10 Well done LG.
Battery 10/10 Thank you LG. You've got a fan. This phone will be told about to everyone that i know. Though most the isheeps and samsung fans are brainwashed.

• Cine video
  • Graphy
  • Always on display

enonono21
posted on 12 Oct 2017, 09:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Oct 2017)

Read this if you are stuck between Galaxy Note/8, Pixel XL2, and/or iPhone

enonono21 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've owned a lot of phones in my lifetime and I consider myself a smartphone snob; I research for eternity or wait MONTHS until competition to arrive to compare. To be honest, I was leaning towards either buying the Pixel XL 2 or the iPhone X, but once I held the V30, I knew this was my next phone. This is an absolute killer: every crevice of this device was built with the consumer in mind. I cannot believe the amount of attention to detail and market research LG did in creating this phone. It's lightweight, but not cheap. It has a 6in pOLED screen, but the form factor is perfect for any hand size. Headphone jack AND a quad DAC?... if you have not tried listening to music with a good DAC, I highly suggest you try it before you say anything. Needless to say the audio experience is golden. The camera is also incredible. You can watch youtube reviews of the camera since my words can't do it justice. If you use this phone for a few days and say there is a phone is better, you're either an apple f***boy or a samsung snob that is jealous that your main rival created a masterpiece that is worth competing against the Note and Galaxy line. Remove your head from your asses and get this phone #noragrets

Text input 9/10 The default LG keyboard is not the best, but you can always download the Google keyboard or 3rd party

Pros

• Quad DAC
  • Headphone Jack
  • Qi + Fast Charge

Cons

• No front firing speakers

enonono21 alternatives:

Wanutibit
posted on 07 Oct 2017, 22:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Aug 2017)

Got it a few weeks ago, amazing phone.

Wanutibit has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Everything about it seems to fly, along with the beautiful cameras taking amazing shots. Can't wait to see this thing get Oreo, battery life seems to be really good with around 4-5 hours of screen on time. Hope this gets some fast updates as LG has lacked in the past.

Mahdif2
posted on 06 Oct 2017, 06:54 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Oct 2017)

Everything you want from a phone

Mahdif2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Really great really.It's all great. Its screen is very high-quality. His camera stunned me. Its operating system really goes. Design is superb. The quality of the headphones is the best in the world.............................................​..................................................​....................................

Pros

Cons

• nothing

ezekwang
posted on 05 Oct 2017, 17:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Oct 2017)

LG V30

ezekwang has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing, LG stepped the game up and now this phone is better than the note 8 and the iphone 8.
Finger print senser is great
good amout of RAM
Phone runs really fast
Slim phone disign
Good large 6 inch display

Pros

• Great screen
  • Amazing Camera

omar92
posted on 04 Oct 2017, 15:08 (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Dec 2016)

V30

omar92 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Almost the perfect phone, it would need stereo speakers and a bigger battery to complete the perfection. But overall this phone has higher quality and features than a average user would need. Oledi is great, Quad DAC is the best quality, and the camera is like a profesional.

Pros

• Perfect screen
  • Pro videos

Cons

• average speaker

omar92 alternatives:

lozanro
posted on 28 Sep 2017, 04:14 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)

Definitively a good evolution of the V series

lozanro has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Digging the Quad DAC (which is available to all, unlike G6's market discrimination).
The screen is awesome - it was about time LG passed to OLED.
A stylus would be a really good addition to compete with the Note 8 series.
Otherwise - excellent smartphone - better than the preceding flagships of both G and V series.

Pros

• Quad DAC

Cons

• Lack of stylus

lozanro alternatives: