LG V10 User Reviews

9.1
9.1

crysiswarmonger posted on Nov 20, 2016, 2:58 PM
Posts: 81; Member since: Feb 06, 2012

At least I was happy for 11.5 months, until 2 of our 4 phones boot looped!!!

crysiswarmonger has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

First, I bought 4 of the phones December 2015 one for the wife and one for each of our adult kids in college. My wife and I kept our phones in the otterbox cases and not a bit of damage. One of the kids did not keep in the case as it was too bulk, and did get a hairline crack in the screen, but worked fine. Still, that phone had no impact damage, just a crack maybe from bending. Then one of the phones got the dreaded boot loop 2 weeks ago, meaning it will not boot, just keeps looping the start screen. So we sent that off just this week to LG for warranty repair, who knows how long that will take. Then, while out driving yesterday, 19 November 2016, I look down at my phone and it is boot looping just like the other one. There is no found fix on internet for this, so my phone has to be sent in to LG for repair too. This means 50% of the LG phones I bought failed, but at least in the 1 year warranty... To me this just means the other two are going to fail outside of warranty and I will not be able to get them fixed cheaply. Complete BS.

Meh, not as good as it should be for this type of phone. I get a lot of conversations that are just hard to hear or be heard.
No where as good as what I expected for the hype.
It is good display, but is not bright enough for outdoor use, I thought we were past that in phones.
does not last the times they say.

Pros

• Good screen size
  • Power and volume buttons on back and only ones on it. I hate side buttons on phones.

Cons

• Same screen size, case makes it huge, but you need it as it will break easily

snowgator posted on Jul 12, 2016, 11:29 PM
Posts: 3621; Member since: Jan 19, 2011

Underappreciated monster

snowgator has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I am very impressed with LG. They are designing unique phones that perform fantastic. Wife is coming from an LG Flex, loved the back controls and adores large phones. This thing is a work phone. No real complaints. While she misses the curve of the Flex which made a large phone easier to hold as this thing is large and wide, everything else is a HUGE improvement. As you can tell from the ratings below, there are only nit-picking items. Totally agree that the extra screen would be better positioned at the bottom, and I feel this large of a phone should have much better battery. But what a beast. It is so much fun to use, has great performance, and was worth every penny. Highly recommend it- although it is not a popular phone so it is hard to find inexpensive. But it is an underrated gem.

This thing is a tank, but the back material makes it easy to hold. But it is not an easy phone to pocket or remove quickly.
Excellent reception.
Used as a business phone. Excellent,
Sings for cruising the internet.
Not a gamer and this device does not play a ton of music. But video watching is great with very little buffering or loading problems.
LG put a great shooter in this.
Not impressed with this as much as a pure Android device with no UI, but it has very few problems.
Just will make you find something else you like about it everyday.
Excellent keyboard, very good at the voice to text apps and voice commands.
Gorgeous.
It is fine.

Pros

• Good grip
  • Excellent reception.
  • Excellent screen
  • Great voice calls
  • Great performance

Cons

• Hard to carry comfortably, even for those used o big phones.
  • Battery is fine, but not great.
  • Can be pricey if you do not shop around and choices are not easy to come by.
  • Extra screen placement at top of phone not well thought out

MasterSyrron posted on Mar 07, 2016, 3:28 PM
Posts: 59; Member since: Dec 08, 2012

Switched from Samsung to LG!

MasterSyrron has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had used the LG G4 for a couple months, then switched back to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I missed the LG features and camera. I purchased the LG V10 Luxe White and have not regretted my decision! I love everything about this phone. I highly recommend it to everyone who needs a larger "phablet" phone but may not have use for the stylus of a Note series.

It might be the headset or speakers I'm using, but I don't notice a difference with the DAC settings enabled. The built-in speakers sound great.
I use Google Keyboard, but LG Keyboard is nice as well. I like that you can resize the keyboard. I'm just used to Google, however.

Pros

• quick
  • responsive
  • lots of storage
  • up to 2TB expandable storage
  • great camera
  • quick charges with Samsung charger

Cons

No Cons

MasterSyrron alternatives:

ChocolateThunder posted on Feb 09, 2016, 10:08 PM
Posts: 12; Member since: Dec 30, 2015

Surprisingly GREAT Phone!

ChocolateThunder has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was skeptic about this phone, but couldn't shake it off my radar while searching for a new phone. What was really drawing me towards this device was it's dedicated Hi-fi digital audio converter and its camera and man am I glad I chose this phone! The whole package is just amazing and fits right in with your daily lifestyle. I will say the second screen was a little trippy when I first used it, but having notifications and incoming calls displayed on the second screen became second nature to me as it was not interrupting what I was doing on the main screen. Don't let the "It's not an iPhone/Galaxy" hype steer you away from the competitin. LG has been nailing it since the G3.

Calls Sound Great!
DAC is what makes this phone sound amazing. Every phone should have this feature

• Digital Audio Converter
  • SD Card and Removable Battery Support

• UI Speed

winter_hat posted on Feb 06, 2016, 5:49 PM
Posts: 110; Member since: Feb 04, 2013

Overrated phone

winter_hat has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It's not as good as the 6p or Note 5 or 6s+ or probably some others, so not sure why I would recommend it. If you need/want the level of camera control this offers, then that is probably a good reason to get it, but 99.9% of phone buyers will never use those features. The second screen is truly pointless with only a few options for what to put there. Maybe they will add features, but I doubt it.

Pros

• Manual camera controls... if you care

Cons

• Pointless second screen
  • Abysmal battery life

Robert235 posted on Dec 11, 2015, 3:03 PM
Posts: 70; Member since: May 30, 2010

My best phone so far

Robert235 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Coming from the G3 I'm really impressed with this phone, this is the first flagship device I rushed to buy.The promo was a nice gesture LG included with the phone.The battery life could have been better for hexacore and wake locks affect the battery.The software should be been better for the front cameras.This phone is a multitasking beast and it has room for improvement.

Rooting increase my battery life around 3-4 hours

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • Lag free experience
  • So much space
  • 2nd screen is fun to play with
  • First phone i feel safe using without a case
  • Big phone easy to grip

Cons

• battery life is less my g3 under heavy usage
  • Poor software make front camera look bad at times
  • Auto brightness is no better than g3

corvette72778 posted on Dec 25, 2015, 3:19 AM
Posts: 156; Member since: Feb 25, 2012

New King of Smart Phones: LG V10

corvette72778 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Crushes my once great Samsumg Note 4! 2nd display is not gimmicky like the Galaxy Edge. Since few phones still have the IR blaster, removable battery and removable sd card/memory and storage few phones even quality for the best Title. But with the new and extra features the V10 has this phone is in its own class and is the best phone ever made to date! Out of the park grand slam! Good job LG. Goodbye Samsung.

Pros

• Instant On Fingerprint Reader
  • Display colors (bright white)
  • Super fast!
  • IR Blaster
  • Removable memory slot up to 2TB
  • Removable battery
  • 2nd Display that is not gimicky
  • Double tap on/off screen
  • Instant unlock rear fingerprint reader
  • 64gb standard internal storage
  • Great camera with awesome controls

Cons

• Battery life.

corvette72778 alternatives:

ECPirate37 posted on Nov 16, 2015, 7:14 AM
Posts: 328; Member since: Jul 14, 2011

I swore I'd never Buy another LG phone, but I was wrong.

ECPirate37 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Like the title says, after having the LG Vu back in 2009 (the turd that phone was); I swore I would NEVER buy LG again. To this day, that is the worst phone I have owned.

This phone really wasn't on my radar before I bought it. I saw the preview for it here on Phone Arena, and thought the 2nd screen would be a gimmick. I had every intention of buying the new Moto X on Black Friday/Cyber Monday so I was waiting for that deal.

However, there was an ad here on PA for the extra battery, and 200gb memory card. That's a great deal, so I went to T-Mobile to check the phone out. As soon as I picked it up I thought; "Yup, this is my phone". I have not been disappointed. The phone was $599.99, but with $250.00 worth of freebies I still find that to be a great deal. The fact that T-Mobile did a 3 day sale on it for $100 off (which they refunded since I bought it the day before), I paid $499.99 for this phone. I think that is an awesome value! The memory card is a $200 value. The 64gig version of the Moto X with the wood back I wanted is $524.99. It does not come with the memory card, and can't replace batteries on that. Also, Moto charges $35 for the rapid charger, which LG includes in the box. Now let's get to the phone itself.

I tried to fill out the review with each rating so you could bullet point it, but here is an overview:

I REALLY like this phone. I thought the 2nd screen would be a gimmick when I first saw the previews, but after one day of using it as music controls I was...

I know the Plastic/Rubber back isn't considered "premium", but it feels good in my hand and doesn't look terrible. Also a fan of the stainless steel sides.
Seems to have slightly better signal strength than my old phone. I've only been in NYC with it, so will change if warranted when I visit NC next week.
Amazing! The volume goes up super loud which I don't always need, but when walking down a street beside a subway going by, it is nice to be able to still hear.
Browser is fine so far.
The 2nd Screen makes this an 11. I love being able to have music controls no matter what I'm doing.
Better than the iPhone 6s Plus. The video controls are awesome too. Plus two front facing cameras. I'm a fan.
Super responsive now. If it begins to lag in the future, I will update with how long it took before lagging.
I'm extremely satisfied so far. Will update if needed.
Maybe other phones have this option, but being able to adjust the size of the keyboard is great!
Some have mentioned that colors are a little cold, but not on my model. I think everything is great. The only reason this is a 9 is that I have only compared it to my gf's iPhone 6s Plus. Once I see it beside a note 5, and edge, I'll move it up if comparable. But for me, this screen does not lack. I like it a lot.
THIS IS IMPORTANT, if it wasn't for 1 hour charging, and a replaceable battery, I would give this a 6. Under my normal use this gets me about 6 hours. But, I can be a power user since a lot of my work is done via mobile. However, on Saturday, I was out for 12 hours and used it sparingly, and it made it through the day.

Pros

• Second Screen (Not A gimmick)
  • Replaceable Battery
  • Expandable Memory
  • Ability for One Hand Use (Shrink Screen)
  • Fingerprint Scanner (convenient location)
  • Voice Commands, and Gestures for Camera
  • Dual Front Facing Cameras
  • Rapid Charging
  • IR Blaster

• External Speaker NOT that great

kevkyle posted on Nov 11, 2015, 12:30 AM
Posts: 104; Member since: Oct 21, 2012

LG V10 : Beast of a SmartPhone!!! You'll Want One:-)

kevkyle has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I’ve had this awesome phone for two weeks now. I’ve been looking forward to its release here in Manila sometime December . So I decided to try out an s6 edge plus to replace my month old note 5 (it was rebooting everytime I answered phone calls). As I was checking out the S6 edge Plus my friend pointed to white boxes with V10 emblazoned on the covers, they were just shipped in from Hongkong. BAM! I was over the moon with excitement. The cash price for the 64g LG V10 was the same as the 32g S6 edge Plus. This was going to be the Dual Sim Phone replacement for the classy MatE 7 and Galaxy Alpha I was using as daily drivers.
CamerA is just freakintastic! – I took night time shots with my Note 5, LG V10, Huawei G8 and Sony C5 Ultra – Note 5 and V10 were equally impressive, but then I played with the Manual Settings on the V10 adjusted the shutterspeed and IS0 settings - MaGiC!
I haven’t bought any protective cases (still not available here) and the temporary screen protector is all I have – and I’m not apprehensive that I’ll ruin this durable stainless steel reinforced phone. HiFi DAC? Couldn’t care less – but when I plugged in the AKG tuned bundled Quadbeats to listen to radio- yes FM radio! Rich sounds and full bass response for FM radio Music .
Battery life is more than adequate for me – I charge the V10 every other day via quick charger. It still can’t touch my Mate 7’s 4000mah battery , though.
The second screen is not just a gimmick….if I want to check time – I don’t need...

bult like a tank for durability with sophisticated look nad premium feel
DLSR with a 5.7" screen
smooth buttery operator , no lags...
a bit cumbersome but not wleldy
flawless keyboard, never have to miss or skip an input.
i set it just between 50 to 70 screen brightness and the colors pop
good battery life - not as great as the Mate 7

Midoo93 posted on Nov 08, 2015, 1:17 AM
Posts: 36; Member since: Sep 15, 2015

The best phone i have used until now.

Midoo93 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have used this phone for 2 weeks now. No joke but this is the best phone i have used until now. Of course only time will tell how its gonna perform later on. But for sure i can say that this phone is not gonna go down easily. I have already dropped this phone a couple of times on the concrete floor but nope not a bit of damage. The screen is a bit too bright, but again that could be a good thing too.

I have everything that i need on this phone, amazing camera, perfectly built, 64 GB built in with SD card? Heck Yeah!! and not to forget the removable battery, i carry a spare battery everyday though i don't really need it coz it has a good battery life as well. I feel bad for the reviewer, Seriously i mean WTF??

You can't rate such a good phone so pathetically!
Please do a re review about this phone and show the truth instead of supporting the Sammy's!

Kudos to LG! I just hope i get the Marshmallow sooner rather than later. :D

Dropped this phone twice already. i dont need to explain more why 10 for build quality.
Very good indeed
Same like the G4 which i had used earlier and yes its good
Being a fan of shooting videos and snaps. This phone is a heaven!
Just like the G4, Best in the market.
Well i would really give a 10 for this but for some reasons the brightness level has to be reviewed by LG. But nevertheless, the QHD IPS display is great!

Pros

• Build quality
  • Second screen is awesome
  • 32 bit hi-fi DAC is excellent
  • Dual front camera
  • Manual Video recording mode

Cons

• Brightness

driveme posted on Nov 02, 2015, 11:42 AM
Posts: 26; Member since: May 16, 2012

LG V10 is a great phone

driveme has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The LG V10 is a great phone. When it comes to durability, memory and battery life it's the best phone on the planet. I made the mistake of getting a Note 5 because of the screen but was shocked when I filled the memory on the phone in 4 hours. I need a phone like the V10 for storage. As far as the battery goes I've seen and used all of the power saving modes on other phones but they don't cut it. With the V10 you can just pop in another battery so you don't have to live on low power mode just to get by. The feel of the phone is great. I love being able to use a phone with out a case and the V10 is one of the few phones that you can do that with. The grip is great. I didn't like the grip on the Note 5 and the thing was a horrible fingerprint magnet. Don't get me wrong I don't bash other phones. It's just that I saw all of the videos and read all of the reviews on the Note 5 over the V10 and it's just not true. LG has really steeped up their game when everyone else seems to be following the iphone. LG has kept the important things the make a phone special like a professional camera and memory expansion and battery life. The 2nd screen is where it should be at the top and not on the side where you grip the phone and is very useful. And, if you drop it like we all do eventually the phone can take it. How many fragile phones can really say that. Wonderful customization and features. LG V10 is a great phone.

Ear piece could be a bi louder.
Great, a 9.8 but could be a bit brighter.

Pros

• Build and feel
  • 2nd screen
  • UI
  • Camera best in class
  • Video camera
  • Customization
  • Battery replacable
  • Storage best in class

Cons

• None worth mentioning

nictobramit posted on Dec 11, 2017, 12:21 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 10, 2017

Love this phone

nictobramit has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I spent countless hours researching phones and settled on the V10. Took a risk and purchased on eBay for a fraction of the cost at a retailer. BEST decision I've ever made. Could not be happier in a phone. I bought the phone specifically for the camera. It takes amazing pictures. I get great pictures both at a distance and close up. In well-lit areas to dark auditoriums. The dual front cameras are great for taking large group pictures. This alone has allowed me to be included in family pictures again.
Overall, I'm quite careful with my phone, but I've still dropped it several times (with just a thin, plastic phone cover) with no damage.
Phone is much bigger than I expected, but you get used to the size. It doesn't feel ridiculously heavy either. Because of the size, there is a small struggle to use the phone with one hand, but primarily only when reaching your thumb to the far opposite corner. Again, you get used to it. The large screen comes in handy.
Battery life could be better. However, I'm no expert in the matter and I would bet that many of the features I love come at the cost of battery life. Screen brightness plays a major role in the battery life of this phone. Again, something you can make work.
I've owned the phone for over a year and a half, and it works just as well as day one. Would highly recommend this phone, especially anyone who is looking for a quality camera on a phone.

Pros

Cons

No Cons

cultdoctor posted on May 06, 2017, 4:35 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 11, 2016

NEVER AGAIN! Second LG model to boot-loop die!

cultdoctor has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is my fourth LG and have always loved their deisgns over Apple and Samsung. My last LG (G6) got stuck in a terminal boot-loop. Granted, the manufacturer replaced it, but I am an emergency medical responder and firefighter and can't be without my phone for calls and backup navigation. This one did the same thing! So I puchased the Samsung Galaxy S7. No reputation of boot loop locking (and this model S7 doesn't catch fire, ha!). Other than that, I swore I would never buy a phone that didn't have a removable battery and SD slot ever again. After some thought, those solar portable batteries with 100,000 mAh are very affordable. So even though I had 4 backup batteries for my LG V10, I'm going to get it repaird by LG and sell it.
I never dropped this phone and it has zero damage. I forgot to mention that it developed screen burn in too (meaning I could see a previous image in the back ground when a current, less bright image was showing.

Boot-loop locked up due to manufacturer defect.
Got into a boot-loop due to a soldiering problem by the manufacturer
Developed screen burn in!

Pros

• Audio via headphones is spectacular
  • Camera output and ease of use with third party app incredible
  • Removable battery

Cons

• Boot-loop lockup = DEAD PHONE
  • Battery life is horrible
  • Screen burn in developed!

TheDorkLord posted on May 01, 2017, 8:29 PM
Posts: 5; Member since: Sep 14, 2014

Was a decent phone for 10 months

TheDorkLord has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The LG V10 is a great phone from the outside looking in, however once you learn about the many problems it has your opinion may change. The phone was amazing when I first recieved it last year, however after about six months the battery started acting finicky and wouldn't charge properly at times. Another problem I experienced was screen burn-in. I would say it's a usable phone with subpar battery life until it bootloops on you sometime down the line whenever it feels it's the time to do so.

I realize I've only focused on negative aspects of the V10 in most of this review so I may as well talk about some of the pros of the device. The camera is superb, I can't say I've ever had a phone with a camera as amazing as this. The pictures are sharp with very little noise, in the correct lighting conditions of course. The manual options are as extensive as they get from adjustable ISO to white balance. Another plus about the device is the rugged design LG concocted, the metal edges give the phone a premium feel. Last but not least I'm going to talk about the second screen. I found it to be a very useful little feature. Being able to switch between the previous five apps you've opened is a very convenient multitasking feature I've enjoyed, I can't say I used it for much else but will miss the feature when I switch off to a new device. Mine bootlooped after owning it for only 10 months unfortunately.

I hope to see LG improve the quality control in their factories...

• Multitasking

Cons

• Poor battery life
  • Screen burn-in
  • Bootloop

Ctex60 posted on Jun 24, 2016, 6:38 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 24, 2016

Not happy

Ctex60 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I'm constantly having to restart because it locks up andcbatteeylife is about 4 hours and 4 hours to charge it discarges faster than it charges the price seemed fair when I purchased it but I'm going back to motorola

Pros

Cons

• Rebooting

whiskyandplums posted on May 14, 2016, 6:37 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 14, 2016

LG V 10 So Far So Gooooooood

whiskyandplums has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Sleek for starters.
Battery left me feeling cheated honestly but it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.. But still LG what is the deal you guys know this thing deserved more juice.

Anyway THE SCREEN I stare at that thing for too long sometimes but you know how it is when you first put your HD wallpapers on. Looks awesome.

That stainless steel look on the sides too, makes you feel like this is a business phone while holding it. If you get it in black I think you'll like yourself more as a person there's just something to it.

The charger is good so long as you actually use the cables that support the HIGHEST rate of power transfer. DON'T hook up your old micro usb data cables after your phone dies on you because it will die again as soon as you get this little power house turned on. Seriously frustrating at times but my own fault.

Don'y have time to write much more unfortunately maybe I'll remember to revisit this but I left little sub-comments in the ratings section.

love the back, comes off easily if you follow instructions (insert thumb into the charging port to separate back from phone & just peel off.) definitely an upgrade.
When you use Wifi calling, stepping out from your home or wifi spot while making a call will sometimes screw up on you or just take a lot longer to connect. Not enough of an issue to make me not want to use it though because it does sound great. very clear. I just think the transition from Wifi calling to network calling needs to be quicker if it can't succeed instantaneously.
Yep calls sound nice, speaker as well usually hate using speaker too
I suppose this will depend on your carrier too, I've had some strange activity with media playback before, but again not even sure if I can blame that on the phone.
Gifs Gifs Gifs
just wow, Seriously the camera will make you want to take pictures more Manual mode gives you an insane range of settings. Auto is usually on point for any scenario.
I feel like there could be more here honestly. There is of course the carrier bloatware I never use and background processes that are tedious. I'd really like to root it so I can see what it's capable of. Would be nice if that weren't so difficult.........................
Yes. Great display. The second screen is really awesome. feels like a 2016 phone. Quicker access instant functionality colorful vibrant easy to control and hold very connected
I downloaded swiftkey still.. but talk-to-text has never been better. What is the fcking deal with that talk-to-text bug where it will deactivate itself IMMEDIATELY after you tap the mic to start talking. Oh my god. The lg G3 experience in a nutshell.
Already noted one of my favorite displays yet. SO NICE. I just put some quasicrystals as my background and just look at it sometimes at work.
This is the only area I felt short-changed..... Same battery as the G3.............. ........ ... ... . . . . . ...................................​.................. . . . . ................................. . ...................................​........ Hey it bugged me so now I'm bugging you a bit.

Pros

• Feels great, still slides in pocket with ease despite the awesome large size.

Cons

• Battery. THE BATTERY LG

Java1junkie posted on Apr 03, 2016, 5:01 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 03, 2016

LOVE.

Java1junkie has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was debating between the Galaxy S7 edge+, the LG G5, and the V10. So glad I picked the V10!! I love playing with the camera (there's so much to do!), the display is large and bright, the UI is great, the second screen is really useful, the fingerprint sensor/volume/power button on the back has its advantages (and a couple disadvantages, depending on how you use the phone. I have mine on a stand so the button isn't hard to reach), and this puppy is FAST!! Reception and audio are great, too.
It's true that the battery leaves something to be desired and, IMO, the second screen is too dim when the main display is off (maybe it'll be fixed by a software update? Adjustable would be good). I miss the LED notification light that my previous phone had, since I could see that from across the room, unlike the second screen. Overall, I'm glad I didn't follow the crowd and get the Galaxy or the G5.

Pros

• Screen brightness/resolution
  • Fingerprint sensor rocks
  • Dual cameras, front and back
  • Manual camera mode
  • Second screen
  • Connectivity

Cons

• Second screen brightness when main screen is off
  • No LED notification for missed calls, texts, emails, etc.

jilan007 posted on Mar 26, 2016, 3:22 PM

Ruffly Mobile for daily use
no tension for dropping
quick charging
Secondary display very useful
Sound quality for headphones is really great

SaadJoiya posted on Mar 16, 2016, 1:26 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 16, 2016

V10 !

SaadJoiya has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Beauty and the Beast! This phone has all the features a mobile lover wants in his/her phone. LG has come up with something spectacular this time around. A phone in which a con is hard to find. The only thing that may bother some people is its size. But if that isnt a problem, this is surely the best phone to buy right now.

Beast of a build
Havent faced any problem what so ever in 2 months.
Bingo.

• User Interface
  • Top Notch Camera

Cons

• Software updates

Aarong09 posted on Feb 27, 2016, 12:50 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 27, 2016

Under the radar phone.

Aarong09 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I get through a full day just fine on this phone. Battery life isn't that bad. Camera is amazing and the phone just overall feels real nice to hold. I use the second screen more the I thought I would it is a nice little feature.

Juliet2552 posted on Jan 24, 2016, 6:10 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 24, 2016

No gimmicks from LG this time.

Juliet2552 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The LG V10 phone (or rather, "Phablet"), while not the most stand out design or high-profile release, certainly has a lot of tricks up its sleeve and is able to keep up with more mainstream Apple and Samsung devices while staying unique.

Being priced at $550 via T-Mobile in the United States, it offers a great value and all of the hardware grunt of higher-cost devices, without the grunt of spending that extra cash.

Be aware that I am writing this from the perspective of someone that would want a phone like this. I don't believe in knocking on something for a task it was not designed for. For users who prefer smaller phones, the LG G4 is for most intents and purposes, the V10's smaller (yet older) sibling.

While the V10 doesn't have any major selling points like a leather case, it's indirectly being sold for its size, construction, and hardware specifications.

The stainless steel accents really make the phone stand out and not only look, but feel ultra-premium. However they are rather slippery and it's not too hard to drop the heavy phone (which I haven't done yet, granted). The back cover is a rubberized plastic that provides good grip to compensate for this. The phone is big and heavy. It takes getting used to but isn't a bad quality to have considering its display and hardware. It's also just asking to be dropped and (picked up completely intact)
Running on the T-mobile version, I've had no trouble with dropped calls or loss to their 4G LTE data service.
For once, I don't need to repeat myself when on the phone with someone. However the real meat of this Phablet is of course running other processes. Skype lags on my V10, despite no other apps being running and having only two people in the call.
It ships with Chrome by default which is a nice plus (and 4G LTE), yet a "default" browser is nowhere to be seen. Web pages and videos load up quick, and the phone has no trouble tackling 1080p60fps videos. Granted, the phone can't play 1440p videos on YouTube for some reason... Also, no longer having normal internet "tabs" is a bummer.
With 512 in 3DMark Slingshot and 18669 in 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited, we can see that the V10 is solidly capable of playing any of your modern games. The 4 gigabytes of RAM is insane for a mobile device, and gives a nice anti-slowdown buffer when lots of apps are running. The (highly customizable) second screen is under appreciated. I tend to use my phone as a games console/MP3 player, so being able to effortlessly play and control music off the second screen while playing games is a dream come
The camera is one of the selling points of the V10. Autofocus works, sometimes, but navigating the camera menus and learning all the shortcuts and features can take a while. Of course those of us who know anything about cameras know that more megapixels doesn't mean a whole lot in itself. Camera features 8-power magnification, and colors are ever so slightly on the cold side. but the dual-flash is nice. being able to record video in 4K 30 fps or 1080p 60fps is extremely valuable.
UI is very customizable, especially with regards to the second screen, which unlike what was stated in the official review can actually be turned off. Being able to customize the buttons at the bottom of the screen is also a plus. I use Nova Launcher Prime, and any Android user worth their salt would use it too. Runs smoothly on the V10's hardware.
This thing is way overkill for someone who just wants a phone to talk on and maybe play some games, i.e. a casual or normal user. It's clearly meant for power users like myself, or people who can take full advantage of the provided hardware. But that doesn't mean it doesn't do the basic tasks extremely well. Getting used to the phone will throw most non-phablet users (and especially non-LG users) off for a good few weeks. It's a big heavy phone that, with hands like mine, cannot be used effecti
I have girly hands and typing on the default keyboard is a bit of a challenge. There is of course the option of SWYPE if you prefer swiping to thumb-mashing. Note however, the keyboard is adjustable in size.
The massive 1440p makes everything on-screen look crisp and stunning. Having in-plane switching gives bright and vivid colors. Auto-brightness works, and the screen can also be extremely bright or extremely dim to suit your environment. It's also highly resilient, being made of Gorilla Glass 4.
Battery will last through one day of just about anything. Gaming, talking, browsing, a few youtube videos here and there...but for power users it will often be dead at the end of the day (which won't matter too much, since most of us need to sleep by the end of the day, I would think) This isn't an issue though, since a FastCharger is included. Charging is done in less than two hours. And of course, you have LG's ace up their sleeve in this department, and that is a removable battery.

Pros

• Less costly than flagships (at $550)
  • Excellent amount storage (64 GB plus SD card!!!)
  • Superlative display (IPS 1440p)
  • Normal LG bonuses (battery, familiar UI, lower than average price)
  • Multimedia capability (games, apps, browsing, videos)

Cons

• No major selling point compared to past LG releases
  • Matches, but does not exceed the competition

MyDog8em posted on Jan 17, 2016, 9:55 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 07, 2015

Great phone, but battery sucks bad!

MyDog8em has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone, it does everything I throw at it with pure ease. I have absolutely no complaints...except for one... the battery. Battery life on this phone is the worst I have ever experienced as it barely gets me thru an entire day with minimal use. Essentially, the hardware on this phone is identical to the G4 which I owned prior to this. I was able to achieve 2-3x battery life on my G4. If only there coulda been a 4000mah or better battery for this it might be worth salvaging. my next upgrade will have battery life at the top of its list.

Battery, with minimal use, no gaming and in areas with low signal barely lasts 5 hours being in sleep/standby 90% of the time. even with the spare battery promo from LG, the extra battery lasts just as long.

Pros

• Performance
  • Response
  • Everything else...
  • Except battery...

benjdbs posted on Jan 12, 2016, 12:31 PM
Posts: 5; Member since: Oct 21, 2015

The V10 is Audiophile King for 2015

benjdbs has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

... I know the statement may be too much. There are a bunch of rivals when it came to audio player quality in a smartphone. LG however, has proven itself to be a reliable brand name. Only the battery was the let down... Kudos to LG dev. team... Salute !

very tough, right now - I only placed screen guard...
very clear
very clear
very fast
This is in every audio enthusiasts' wish list. An Armani for the audio world...
On the top of the hill...
This is the let down part, sometines, I've to charge 2x in 24 hours... :-(

Pros

• This is a true Audiophile phone
  • Very tough, should last for a long time until LG supersedes its own...
  • Storage @ 183+ gb should be more than enough...
  • The Battery can be replaced

ryousumpaku posted on Jan 04, 2016, 9:28 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 04, 2016

Almost the best

ryousumpaku has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great phone but expensive large and heavy and too easy to scratch
really stable because of 64 gb rom and 4 gb ram but cpu and gpu is sub-par
when compare to it price. The most beautiful phone in market all girl will want it but the only problem is it too heavy for them

Stamless steel is solid but too heavy
Great reception
No TDD LTE
High power cpu ,great display and have secondary display
Stable but not fast enough for it price
second display is useful but drain battery life
Have problem with Thai keyboard
One of the best in class

Pros

• Super beuaty
  • second display is useful
  • removable battery

Cons

• too expensive
  • have problem with thai keyboard
  • Heavy
  • Auto screen brightness

Adolfobt posted on Dec 31, 2015, 11:20 AM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jun 17, 2012

Not to Short from Perfect

Adolfobt has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great phone, Plus large screen is amazing. Takes a bit getting used the size but otherwise its a great phone with a great UI. Take advantage of many easy to use short cuts and you'll fall in love with this amazing phone. Came from the Note 4 and I have no regrets. User changeable battery and up-gradable memory.