LG Stylo 5 User Reviews

KMoore4318 posted on Nov 26, 2019, 7:19 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 26, 2019

What I needed

KMoore4318 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Everyone is forgetting this is a $200 phone that you can find out there for $80.
It's not my I-phone Xs Max; I didn't expect it to be. Someone somehow ported my Number without my Permission. I am being told it may take a month to get my Number back, IF they can get it back. .... I did not want to go a month without phone service, or texting. This was on Black Friday sale for $79, With the 4 Phone plan it would add $10 a month for unlimited.... Even if it is a tenth the Phone my apple was, it was also less than a tenth the price, I like the USB C charger better than apples, I like the SD card ability, and it would never replace my I-phone.... But it’s about the same size, Does what it needs to, and was $100, Including service for a month, and Sim card. You will have to shop around for a deal, but I would recommend it. Unless you are expecting thousand dollar Performance, then I would recommend spending a Thousand.

No Flaws, no Scratches, everything Functioned, it was what i was told it would be
It works everywhere, my I-phone does
It could be Louder, and the One speaker is not that great.
Has done all I expected of it at LTE speeds, If it Could be Faster it's because of the Processor, and the speed cricket limits you to.
Sluggish at times, Don't blame the phone, blame the Processor
Functions Much Better than you would expect for what yo pay for it
I use it every day, So Everyday use is good.
There is a reason it has a styles, My Fingers are too fat to hit the right key on the keyboard with constancy.
It's Not as Sharp as the OLED, But did you expect it to be?
It's Bigger than the Previous Model, Lasts a full day plus

Pros

• It is what it is, It does what it Does, As well as you can expect it to do it , for what it costs

Cons

• The Blat ware takes up Most of the usable memory, Should be at least 64, or they should take off most of the Junk no one will ever use.

sbrzostek27 posted on Nov 22, 2019, 8:47 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 22, 2019

Not too Impressive

sbrzostek27 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had an iPhone foe the past few years and switched carriers to get a cheaper monthly bill. I decided to go with a more budget phone to see what it was like. I only had the device for 10 days because it did not meet what I was looking for. A lot of times I would click on an app or search the web and it would quit and go right back to the home screen. I would have to constantly clear my apps out because if not, the phone would move very slowly. Also, was very disappointed in the camera and sound quality. Very lacking camera for a 13 megapixel. Also, no ambient sound quality, outdated headphone jack on device in 2019? makes no sense. What cut down on the sound quality was only one set of speakers on the bottom of the device. I do not agree with the 3D ambient sound working only with headphones and also, the phone came with no headphones. The battery was just alright, nothing special. Also, the face detection was very lacking, only detects your face in perfect lighting. Was paying monthly for a music subscription and the device was causing a slowdown while I was streaming. Overall, I was quite disappointed, I realize you get what you pay for, so if you have a few spare dollars, I highly recommend going with a better model, such as, iPhone or Samsung if you prefer the android platform. I hope this helps.

Pros

• Large screen

Cons

• Slow

sbrzostek27 alternatives:

mlady1970 posted on Oct 04, 2019, 8:56 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 04, 2019

Okay phone for the price

mlady1970 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I upgraded from the LGK20 plus to the LGStylo5 with the Metro by T-Mobile network. Compared to the K20 plus, other than screen size and resolution there aren't many features that make the Stylo 5 a premium phone. Prior to having the two LG phones I was a Samsung user. LG still has a lot of ground to gain to be competitive. The LG system is extremely slow and has entirely too much bloatware and unnecessary applications. This leaves little operating room in the system. The camera is still only average and although you have the new 3D surround sound, it's only available if you are connected by headphones. For the price, its only average. LG didn't make any useful improvements .

No big improvement from the lower LGK20
Call quality has been clear and no dropped or disconnecting calls
Slower than the LGK20. Network is faster and I have great Wi-Fi coverage. There is very little operating system left after all the unnecessary applications and bloatware. Too many unused and large applications bogging down the phone.
No noticeable improvements whatsoever over the LGK20. If anything it's worse.
This is the biggest problem with the LG phones in my opinion. The operating system can't perform at the speeds it should due to an overload of useless and unused applications
I have had no issues with the text input.
Best quality of the phone
The battery life is not a factor.

Pros

• Clear resolution. I'd say it's the best feature of this phone

Cons

• Operating system is slow and can't perform at speeds of network
  • Camera is very basic. No improvement

Kingleo86 posted on Jul 03, 2019, 4:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 08, 2018

Not impressed at all

Kingleo86 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Literally the same as the Stylo 4. Its a nice phone but was expecting something better with a new version. Phone has the same specifications as the previous version. Only improvement is the extra GB of RAM.

Same build as previous model.
Nice full vision HD Display
Battery drains fast.

Pros

• Nice clear HD display

Cons

• Same Build and performance as Stylo 4