LG Muziq User Reviews

jyreynolds posted on Nov 19, 2014, 7:11 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 19, 2014

miss it

jyreynolds has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I just Loved the FM transmitter there was no having to Bluetooth it.simply program it to a matched station on your radio n listen to your music. I had no problem with dropped calls n do not remember losing reception. Oye I miss that phone

Ezri posted on Jun 09, 2009, 9:46 AM

Favorite

Initially, I was hesitant to buy an LG phone, since I had several very negative expereinces working with them several years ago. But my sister got the Chocolate (which is basically the Verizon equivalent), and I fell in love. After a year of heavy use and several nasty falls (and one rescue from the washing machine) the phone is still in perfect working condition.
It's certainly not the newest and greatest phone out on the market right now, but it's got a good music player, an easy interface and it's very durable - a great little phone. In fact, this is the only phone I've ever had for more than a year.

Pros

• Great sound quality
  • Easy to use
  • Durable

Cons

• Technology is now a little dated
  • Does not use a standard head phone jack, but comes with a converter
  • No place to put a cell phone strap or charm (This isn't a big deal, but is a little sad)

Anonymous posted on Oct 01, 2008, 10:58 PM

I had this phone for 4 months. I have had six phones and this is the best one yet. Lots of great features, even more than what is described. The negative is I have a 4 gig memory card works great but it slows down the phone sometimes. The neck of the phone is very weak. Opening the phone to much it gradually gets weaker and mines broke. It still works but I would like to have an put together phone. The strenght of the phone sucks but it has the best features.

Anonymous posted on Aug 08, 2008, 5:59 PM

This phone rocks. It went way past my expectations. Its extremely easy to download and listen to music. The design rocks. There are a lot of features too. This phone is awesome get it.

Anonymous posted on Jul 01, 2008, 1:40 PM

Good

Good phone, good signal strength, and more features than an average phone. I wanted a flip phone and this is defenitely the best one sprint has.

Deve posted on May 26, 2008, 10:43 AM

answer

No you cannot view texts with the external display

Pooh posted on Mar 28, 2008, 3:29 PM

5.6

answers please

can anyone tell me if you can open text messages on the outside of the phone?

J Walt posted on Mar 03, 2008, 5:15 AM

Considering purchase

I currently have the Fusic, and i love it. Its one of the best phones i've ever had. I always get a good signal and the battery strength is great. I've been thinking about trading in for the Muziq, but i'm still not sure. I've read all the reviews and am a bit skeptical now. Is the signal strength and battery life really that bad? I couldn't imagine it being worse then its predecessor. To be honest, the main reason i would purchase this is for the updated look, but i'm starting to think i should just hold onto my Fusic for now, or at least untill another, better version of this comes out. Can i get a little bit of feedback on this? Thank you.

mike posted on Feb 22, 2008, 6:34 PM

solid phone.... but flawed

I’ve had this phone for several months and have been fairly happy with its performance. It is the first lg I’ve had. The design is a little plain, but the glassy black has a classy look to it. The biggest problems with this phone for me is the speaker sound is very low when watching sprint TV, witch is not a be concern for everyone, and the battery life is a little below average. The camera is pretty good for a phone (1.3mega-pixels) and it has a flash unlike a lot of 1.3mega pixel phones. The internet is very fast but tends to freeze up with heavy use. The music player is nice because of the touch controls on the out side of the phone, however the sound could be better, but it’s a phone not an ipod. I came from a sanyo 8100 to a samsung a920 to the lg muziq. I work in the cell phone business so I tend to be a little harsh on the review because I have high expectations. Overall a solid but flawed phone..

Frosty posted on Dec 06, 2007, 9:12 PM

muziq

it aint a bad phone. it could have had bluetooth 2.0 in it and 2.0 megapixel camera. and i hate the fact they got rid of the media player. they had it on the fusic. the battery life is kinda decent i guess. but i cant go through one day without it dying on me. by the end of the day its dead. i turn it on bout 12pm and it dies round 7. i really love the keypad they put on this one. its big and you can push the button without alot of force and you hit the right button jus about everytime. its got a really nice smooth feel to it. the earpeice is pretty good, but the speaker phone jus plain sucks. it sucked on the fusic too. mainly cuz theres only one very small speaker and ur tryna get alot of sound from it which makes it distort. it probly would have sounded better if they put 2 speakers in it, one on each side. and cut the power current in half so it reaches both the speakers so theres not so much power going to just one speaker. and because its a small speaker, the music kinda sucks, but it was ok. you couldnt really notice a whole lot of things wrong with the speaker when music was playing, but when talking to someone, its like DANG. i love the fact that its thin and you can hardly notice its in your pocket sometimes. the main display is perfect just as well. the glossy black looks very nice, but the only thing bad about it is that it shows finger prints very easily. which means u have to wipe it alot. and scratches show easier too. the fm transmitter works from about 5-6ft away...

shev posted on Aug 07, 2007, 6:48 PM

idk what u guys are thinking

maybe bc you live in like a bad location, i live in Omaha, NE. I love this phone I just wish they had accessories.

Jason posted on Jul 20, 2007, 11:31 AM

5.6

So-so

I just got this phone 3 days ago. First, the positives. It's thin, comfortable to hold, and looks cool. I love the ability to expand up to a 4 gig memory card, and it's easy to change the card. So far, the battery life seems decent, even when playing music - nothing to complain about anyway. Now, the negatives. The sound quality of calls is not very good. I came from an older Nokia, and my wife has the Samsung M300, and voices sound much better on both of those phones. Even with a strong signal, there seems to be some background static, and the speaker just sounds "thin". Signal strength is as bad as any phone I've seen. In my house my old Nokia, and the wife's Samsung get 2 bars, and carry a call with no problem. The Musiq fluctuates between 0 and 1 bar, sometimes not being able to find a signal at all. Both of the other phones mentioned are internal antenna, so that's no excuse. The FM transmitter is a great idea, and works well if you can get the phone to within about 6 inches (yes, inches) of the radio. Even at that, there is some static from time to time. They claim it works up to 10 feet, but I can't put the phone on my center console or on the passenger seat and stand to listen to the garbled mess coming out of it. That said, it's still useable if you have a place to set the phone that's that close to the radio. The controls for the MP3 player are a bit annoying. To get the player turned on without opening the phone, you have to press and hold the camera...

Steve posted on Jul 17, 2007, 11:27 AM

This is a great all-around phone and music player

Being with Sprint for 4 years now, I was a little skeptical to switch companies, but I REALLY wanted a Blackberry Pearl. So I switched to T-Mobile. Sadly I was not happy with the phone or the service. I'm not sure if it was the phone or the service but the quality of the calls were just not meeting the level I had enjoyed with Sprint. So I switched back.

Now back with Sprint (about a month ago) my only option was the Samsung UpStage. Which I utterly despised. The phone and mp3 player were easy to use and get used to, but the flipping was the most annoying thing EVER! Not to mention that only about 1/3 of my calls placed actually went through. Oh and the itty-bitty screen and lack of options on the phone side was a pain as well, battery life was also HORRIBLE with this phone. I couldn't even go a half a day without have to use the "bonus" battery wallet, which to me was actually a "bogus" battery wallet because it just doubled the size of my "slim" phone. So I returned the UpStage (after 1 week about 3 weeks ago) and got the Motorola KRZR.

I thought to myself, well, everyone and their brother has a RAZR so Motorola must've done something right, and it could only be better with an updated version right? WRONG! The first KRZR I got only worked for 3 hrs then would not power on at all. Returned that one for another KRZR thinking I would give it another chance. Well this one worked except for it's extreme slowness when navigating through the menu, or even typing...

Phone Geek posted on May 21, 2007, 3:06 PM

I like

Yes tom the phone is ballin except the signal strenght (sucks) but the new model should take care of that also heard they are coming out with more colors

Tom Cruise posted on Apr 21, 2007, 10:11 AM

4.2

Ballin'

This phone is totally ballin' all the way, yo. I love it. Good sound quality, horrible signal strength. All in all, good phone. (And yes, I am the real Tom Cruise).