HTC One A9 User Reviews

LionStone posted on Jan 14, 2016, 8:49 PM
Posts: 1048; Member since: Dec 10, 2010

Lovin It!

LionStone has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The design and build quality is top notch, the iphone 6s has nothing on this device! Battery life is great, it lasts all day, the display is gorgeous, it charges up fast and will be even faster when it gets the update for quick charge 3.0! HTC has it on the latest update 6.0.1 and what other device besides a Nexus can say that? None, so far...

Pros

• Great form factor
  • Great display
  • Latest software
  • Great camera (RAW format and Pro mode)
  • Good battery life and fast charging
  • Fast fingerprint sensor and fluid all around

Cons

• No water resistance

frank_android posted on Sep 17, 2017, 7:36 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 25, 2016

Overall a complete package from HTC!

frank_android has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I recently decided to try a new phone manufacturer since I have been using Samsung devices for my last couple phones and I have to say I am not disappointed. I prefer HTC's metal phones over any glass phone anyday and having an AMOLED display is another plus in my book. However this phone does not come without its flaws such as the abysmal battery life (worse than the Galaxy S6 which says something) and mediocre camera performance. I also have had the occasional stutters but that is common on midrange devices. I managed to snag this phone for around ~$200 USD brand new and I would say that that is a hell of a deal. If you could find this phone for around that price I would definitely recommend it however its original retail price is $499 USD which is definitely overpriced. If you can find this phone for ~$250 USD or less I would say go for it.

Pros

• Great build quality
  • Loud speaker
  • Excellent audio dac
  • AMOLED display
  • UI is extremely fluid
  • NFC
  • Quick Charging

Cons

• No Water/Dust resistance
  • No Wireless charging
  • 1080p display
  • Bad battery life

zyounes97 posted on Oct 08, 2016, 1:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 08, 2016

Perfect Phone !

zyounes97 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The Phone is awesome but the camera and the battery wont get some new update in software to make it more awesome the battery will work for all the day if you use Wifi but with the Data cellar will off after 6 Hours or something this not very bad for the price the total revive its awesome for its price

salehmexet posted on Jun 20, 2016, 3:32 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 20, 2016

BSP! Best Smart Phone!

salehmexet has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The design and build quality is top notch HTC has it on the latest update 6.0.1 and what other device besides a Nexus. Boomsound through headset is nice (just equalizer trick) but it sounds good. The A9 have great and easy to use camera with O.I.S., it has Great build quality and this phone have FDD and TDD LTE. Great display and sound so it pretty great for surfing internet and all multimedia stuff, Great for calling,good battery life etc. colors, screen, I love everything from this phone, is very customizable. I bought a cellphone for my wife too, drop it from the stair during the first week and received a new phone the next day, customer service is the best.

all metal
perfect
htc scens perfect update
RAW
Amoled
for me perfect

Pros

• Display Amoled
  • Speed UI
  • Build quality
  • Fast charj
  • secend Camera
  • Finger print
  • android 6.01

Cons

• Low battery (just not poor)

b0nesaw54 posted on Jan 19, 2016, 11:14 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 21, 2015

Amazing Phone, FEELS GREAT, Solid build. battery life is better than expected.

b0nesaw54 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Love this device, have had it over a month after destroying my LG G4.
miss the removeable battery, just feels great in your hand.

Boomsound through headset is nice (just equalizer trick) but it sounds good.

Screen is crisp and clean, love it.

• Solid Metal
  • Super Fast and efficient
  • Great Camera
  • EXTERNAL SD.... still amazing
  • CHEAP 400-500

Cons

• no removable battery (biggest con

ryousumpaku posted on Jan 08, 2016, 12:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 04, 2016

Pretty,Amazing but not unique

ryousumpaku has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

First i am not sure htc copy iphone design or not, LOL people in my coutry trying to say that. But in my opinion is really look similar but not same design. The A9 have great and easy to use camera with O.I.S., it has Great build quality and this phone have FDD and TDD LTE. Great display and sound so it pretty great for surfing internet and all multimedia stuff, Great for calling,good battery life etc but on the other hand it look like reuse idea of HTC one s(remeber that one?) because it come with lesser cpu , unibody metalic ,center camera and right conner front camera design I mean phone is great but the concept is like lesser version flagship phone with is great i mean HTC Should make this kind of phone every year

Great build quality
Great reception but where is my mhl?
Great i never thought mid-high smartphone have this call quality
Almost the best
Super sound great display
Fast,stable but snap 617 is little bit lack of power
can do anything and never lack
great but i think it overtone

Pros

• Great Internet
  • Good power control(thank android 6.0)
  • Great camera with O.I.S
  • Great call quality

Cons

• No dolby stereo
  • No MHL
  • Little bit need more muscle

palulema posted on Jan 05, 2016, 9:03 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 05, 2016

palulema has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love this phone, the first couple of days I used to think the batter was a little problem, but it was because I was using the phone all the time. Now, the battery always last for the entire day and more, with normal use. The camera is awesome (more with pro mode, my father has an iphone and the camera is way better because you can adjust the aperture and take awesome pics), audio with headphones great, colors, screen, I love everything from this phone, is very customizable. I bought a cellphone for my wife too, drop it from the stair during the first week and received a new phone the next day, customer service is the best.

Pros

• I love everything for this phone
  • Camera is superb, with the pro mode with can control de aperture and take awesome pics
  • Sound with headphones is great
  • screen and colors awesome
  • customer services and uh oh protection for free is the best
  • very customizable, I have my phone with a nice star wars theme right now

Cons

• Battery works perfect for everyday usage, however may not an issue for heavy users or all day game players, for me it is perfect

brucebuffett posted on Dec 12, 2015, 10:37 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 13, 2015

Don't Believe All The Hate

brucebuffett has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Comparing this phone to $800-$1000 phones and phablets is ridiculous. Even then, personal experience it does pretty good. Its a major upgrade for me from My HTC One M7 in just about all areas. Defiantly recommend getting it unlocked from HTC. Quick updates for a non Nexus device. The finger print scanner is great. Now I'll finally will lock my phone. Don't listen to spec comparisons, there is more to a phone than that. I always recommend with any phone, use the heck out of it when you get and if it doesn't fit you, return it and get another one.

Typical HTC quality build. Have not seen any typical drop test yet. Only one from 900 ft. Scored better than most. Should have no issues with a minimum case.
The reception in my area is generally very good.
Call quality is excellent. The speaker quality is a slight reduction from my M7 but still quite loud.
Best I ever had on a phone.
Really don't notice any lag.
The only knock I have it does not have MHL output. But for the cost, it wasn't a deal breaker.
Display is excellent. Some knock it for not have 4k. No biggie for 90% of users.
Battery has been very satisfying for my usage. Much better than my M7. Charges very fast.

Pros

• micro SD expandable storage
  • Build quality
  • Quick software updates
  • Finger print scanner

Cons

• No MHL