Google Pixel 3a User Reviews

Dadler22 posted on May 22, 2019, 1:26 PM
Posts: 241; Member since: Dec 11, 2008

Real performance at a feasible price

Dadler22 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have been using the pixel 3a for a few days now. This is my second of the "nexus" lines of phones if we can still call them that. The last of the nexus line I had was the Motorola nexus 6, and I enjoyed the experience on that device as well. This interface is certainly better than my last nexus, granted we are several operating systems further as well. If you read my review on the Samsung S10e you'll know I had an issue with the way I hold my phone and those bezel-less screens. This device while it has larger bezels also does not get any accidental touches. For now bezel-less is a no-go for me. The display on the device looks excellent, I believe its about the same size as the s10e, but it just seems larger due to the size of the device. The colors are quite accurate, and the photos look great on the phone display. I have had good battery performance and excellent device reception, the calls out of the speakerphone and the earpiece are very clear. I just recently switched to tmobile from vzw due to verizon being super annoying about letting me put a sim in an unlocked phone, some people have stated I am breaking up when speaking with them, not sure if its a pixel issue or a tmobile issue. Anyone have this phone on another carrier and having the same issue? I did turn off the squeeze for assistant feature, as I either would activate it too easily or not be able to fully activate it.

Build quality is nice and smooth, although not ground breaking nor will it turn any heads.
LTE signal works well in all situations, call quality has been an issue in certain areas where I have good reception, could be the network.
Same as last result, some calls would come in crystal clear but they were stating they couldn't hear me consistantly.
Tmobile LTE is blazing fast and the default chrome browser is the way to go.
Aspect ratio on this device seems to play well with all my apps and videos, a nice refreshment coming from s10e and iPhone X .
This is what the pixel is known for, most of the magic happens after the photo is taken, the sensor itself isnt that great but googles photo processing is.
Stock android is for sure the way to go, LG and Samsung interface are sloppy, and they make it harder every year to flash roms to devices.
This phone is an everyday hero. its ergonomic, easy to use, the battery lasts forever, the finger print reader isn't in a stupid spot (Read: side of s10e).
Google keyboard is very accurate, and google voice typing on this device is usually correct and very quick to respond.
Display is crisp and clear, especially for this price range. Aspect ratio actually works with apps
This battery lasts a very long time for its size. Easily can get a whole day out of this device with 2-3 hours of talk time and an additional 2-3 hours of screwing around.

Pros

• Stock Andriod
  • Ease of use
  • Ergonomics
  • Price and Value for Price
  • Performance
  • Network Compatability

Cons

• T-mobile voice issues
  • Speaker not as good as regular pixel 3

Dadler22 alternatives: