Danger Sidekick 3 User Reviews Back

Jackie I. posted on Mar 21, 2009, 1:39 PM

Pretty good teen phone, but

So I got the Sidekick 3 about 2 years ago. It has been a great phone. As a teenager (I'm almost 20 now), it is really one of the best phones I've ever had. I think this is a big teen phone but not really good for a businessman or just your average joe.
Overall, a pretty good phone in its time. It was the phone to have from 2006-2007 but now it's discontinued and is being surpassed with much nicer, sleeker, tech-better phones with touch screens and faster internet. I didn't like how it would blink GREEN all the timeeeee but it was cool that it would blink BLUE when I had a message/missed call.  I still love mine, but once my contract expires, I'm getting a nicer and easier phone to work with. This was my first T-mobile phone I had and I switched from my US Cellular plan to have this phone. I think it was worth it overall but I will be going back to US Cellular after it expires soon.

Pros

• --Cool, sleek design
  • --Trackball is fun and it also lights up rainbow colors
  • --Internet is fairly decent, but probably considered a dinosaur compared to other smartphones now
  • --full keyboard is great and it's easy to type
  • --Love the full screen
  • --Easy to connect phone to computer to edit pictures, contacts, etc.

Cons

• --The speaker in the phone could be louder
  • --The camera quality is terrible
  • --The MP3 is pretty useless
  • --Very hard to text while driving (have to use 2 hands)
  • --Dies fairly quickly (I usually have to charge every 1 1/2 days)
  • --Internet can't access youtube
  • --Limited ringtones, have to buy them and you can't get them through Bluetooth from other phones (like the RZR)
  • --Annoying when people play with your phone and flip it in and out over and over again.
  • --Kind of bulky

jasmine posted on Jul 30, 2008, 6:44 PM

6.4

hiptop3 comment was hilarious lmaoo btw i actually like this phone. i got it when it first came out. i like the aim and internet.the camera is terrible and theres nothing so great about it now so its probably best to switch to lx or slide.

elisa posted on Jun 23, 2008, 3:24 PM

3.6

Terrible

I sincerely hate this phone. My old Samsung t629 broke a couple of months ago, couldnt receive any audio during phone calls. So I browse the internet, hey that sidekick looks real fancy. Spent 146 on ebay for one, was in perfect condition.

I absolutely hate it. It has reset over 4 times in the 6 weeks I've had it. No picture messaging, no alarm. I got so used to my "plain" phone that this "fancy" phone was ridiculously terrible. Don't spend your money, and dont bother being jealous of anybody who has a sidekick.

Lauren posted on Jun 01, 2008, 12:23 PM

Boo

At first, this phone was popular and the "it" thing to get. But only months after my purchase, I hated it. Although the keyboard is still the best I've ever seen. The flip of the screen gets old FAST, especially when your friends want to see it so they can do that over and over again. Possibly the thing I hate the most is how the trackball flashes. Inside the movie theater it is EXTREMELY bright and hard to hide. I like when it flashes blue when I have a new text or missed call, but it's normal state is to flash green on a regular basis, which is obnoxious.

The camera is bad, there's no video recording nor picture messaging. There are very limited ring tones in the Download Catalog and the music player is barely worth it..only holding around five songs, if even that!

I've had this phone for a year, mainly because I have to live it out for it being so overpriced. And to be honest, don't switch to T-Mobile just for the phone, BAD idea.

kim posted on May 08, 2008, 10:57 AM

2.2

hiptop3 looses contacts

I hate this phone. Twice it lost all of my contacts, the first time 392! It's cumbersome to dial and listen to recordings, the speaker off key screws up the tones for voice mail access because it hears the wrong tone, the internet was so slow I could have walked to the sites faster. It sucks!

Joey posted on Sep 05, 2007, 5:14 AM

Shet e

First for what the phone is, it's way overpriced. The applications as well as games for the phone are low quality. The only difference between the sidekick 3 and sidekick 2, besides overall aesthetics in appearance and weight, has been the introduction of an integrated mp3 player. The mp3 player however I might add is very low quality. On top of that the OS of the sk3 can't compare other similarly priced smartphones out. Basically the phone itself is a piece, i wouldn't recommend it for anyone. The only reason i kept mine was because i was going to sell it, but now that I lost it, i've been looking into the palm treo 750wx, o2 xda trion, and the HTC Excalibur. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Shannon posted on Jul 28, 2007, 1:29 PM

Hate it and Love it

I so hate the sidekick period, but then i go and shell out 400 for the D. wade limited edition. Only reason is because the phone is convient. It is the worse phone to have..and the best..I think that if people find it to be so bad..why go out and buy it. I bought it because it is easier to use and can keep in contact with alot of folks easy. So much spam, tmobile needs to figure out a way to put a filter so we can manage our spam

Novey posted on Jul 03, 2007, 12:08 AM

4.8

Barely an upgrade from the SIDEKICK 2

I think it's too expensive for what it can do. My enV does a lot more than this phone for half the price. The internet browser sucks, it should be in "desktop view" like all the smartphones out there. I like the SIDEKICK 2 better because for me like the keypad, scrolling bar, lighter weight, and sensor lights is on the d-pad.

johnathan posted on Jun 28, 2007, 11:18 PM

AWESOME server

great phone it saves everything to a server and it looks really cool and when put your sim card in another sidekick it automatically gets all your messages and games or ringers you downloaded awesome A ++++++++++

brandi posted on Jun 17, 2007, 2:11 PM

1.4

brandi

this is the worst phone that i have ever bought, i can not hear anyone on this is phone, it dies within hours of charging, and it freezes all the time when someone is calling, this phone is not worth the money.. DONT BUY THE PHONE SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yohalonda posted on May 20, 2007, 1:43 PM

Umm....

I got this phone about 13 days ago it was so cool for awhile

Some pros are:
Big screen
Cool features such as camera and mp3s
Full Qwerty keyboard (nice for texters)
The flip up screen ads style
Slimer than the other sidekicks

Some cons are:
Battery life first and formost is bad!!
The toggle thingy is sometimes combersome
The big screen is not a high resolution
the camera is not so great

Actually i don't know if this has ever happened to anyone but my friend also purchased one and she flipped up her screen and it got stuck!!!!!!!! She had to get another one thankfully it was under warrenty

This Phone is pretty much an all looks not very much brains phone good for someone who likes the look but is not big on perfect flawless technology because believe my there is definetly flaws!!!

ana perucho posted on May 14, 2007, 4:04 PM

worst phone ever,NIGHT MARE ON SIDEKICK 3

The side kcik 3 is the worst phone ever, the picture quality is not great the signal is weak, and it went out within a week after I bought it. good luck in getting help repairing the phne.

shannon posted on May 03, 2007, 12:49 AM

Ill never turn back to a normal handset EVER

I think this is the best handset and value for money out there, This device is FUN FUN FUN, You get it on a $30 Data Cap plan its unlimited sms,mms,internet,email (also supports other pop3) MSN messenger & Yahoo messenger,with a 1.3 mp camera & a mp3 player its great it also has bluetooth so those people worried about it being bulky to there ear why not use a Blue tooth Headset.
The sound quality is great to, u can customize your phone with skins, i'm on mine flat out and i charge it every second day, i manage a business thru it....i get email at my finger tips.

Seriously try it.
You also use a main server page & you can access your calender, contact and sync them them back and forth you can even sync outlook express, who needs a blackberry.....if you are worried about added attachments eg: excel you can check them on a main PC but really u cant read them on a blackberry or imate its just too small there mainly used for forwarding on....

Try it u'd be glad you did, I no i am no more $500 bills

Mikee posted on Apr 09, 2007, 5:56 PM

Wow

this phone is horrible i had it for 10 days first day loved it then u just start seeing all its flaws it started calling randum people i couldnt even fit it in my jean pocket and its soo ackward to hold up to ur ear dont get this phone go get and Env or the Samsung sch-u740 on a GOOD NETWORK verizon :DD

Mikey posted on Feb 23, 2007, 3:17 PM

Great Phone for looks

The sidekick 3 is a great phone and I love it. I quickly fell for this phone and now I have all my business and everything else on this phone so its great to stay organized. The only thing I do not like is the speaker sucks and the internet is too slow. Also they say u can sync six email accounts to this phone, but the e-mail service has to be paid for so only msn express or g-mail, etc. can be synced to ur phone. Other than that the phone is great

darryl posted on Feb 19, 2007, 6:47 PM

KICK ASS PHONE

i just recently purchased the sidekick3 it is a very delightful device, the only yhing i would change is the sound quality of the speaker, meaning i would like if the speaker was louder, oh yeah the internet is still great but i wouldve been cooler if the internet was more like the regular broad band internet as the home internet, becuz im a myspace junky and i like to scam thru profiles and listen to sum profile music, but other than that the phone is fantastic...........

vidya posted on Feb 14, 2007, 1:33 PM

nice phone!

I've gotten this phone not to long ago I love how you can text message so easy and nice, The swivel is kinda scary, I hard let anyone open it, I have to do it for them lol, I like that it has bluetooth, and MP3, and a memory slot. I Think its a hot phone for someone who just love texting and listening to music. The camera sucks, But if you go where there is alot of light and put the flash on, you can have picture perfect shots. You just have to play around with it and the light to get those best shots. I think its a little expensive, since there are some newer models and phones that have much more features that came out. Oh and please dont take this in the club without a belt case or something, Cuz if you drop it thats it i wish you luck lol, well thats all bye bye

angel posted on Jan 29, 2007, 8:42 PM

5.6

not cool....

very lame phone...crappy quality in pictures...signal is horrible... sounds quality is bad....if you want a snazzy phone like this just get the LG enV....WAY better

VICTORIA posted on Jan 12, 2007, 6:41 PM

THEY SAY ITS GOOD

MY GOD BROTHER HAS A SIDEKICK 3 ND HES IN LOVE WITH IT THE QUESTION I HAVE IS IT WORTH THAT MUCH ND HOW IS THE SERVICE ?I WANT ONE BUT I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH IT

Erik posted on Dec 28, 2006, 7:00 PM

Hmm, okay.

Well, Ive had my SideKick for a few months now. Honestly, I wasnt satisfied, it takes okay pictures, and NO video. The music and the speaker is really good, oh and you cant send or recieve pictures from phone to phone, only by email. I hope Danger comes out with an improvement on their next SideKick.

bellen posted on Dec 14, 2006, 3:51 AM

sk3

i'd have to say that SK3 is best phone i've ever had, is so useful i mean i can chat with friends, listen to music while at the store.and the desing is very modern and practical not like the blackberry... or other devices out there which seem so "Mature"...im extremely happy with my SK3.

Vid posted on Oct 29, 2006, 12:50 PM

Side Kick Lova

I got this phone about a month or so now, its pretty decent, I love the keypad, I think that's what makes up the phone. Everything on this phone works smoothly, One thing about it that I really hate, and I want to have on all my phones, its a GOOD CAMERA, the camera quaility sucks, I just dont know why it takes pics out like that. But everything else is hot!

Anonymous posted on Oct 22, 2006, 1:39 PM

Jay's Say

it needs to have a better a better battery and too many customers have to have it sent back. Needs to have some technological changes. Besides that its pretty good

yoyo posted on Oct 06, 2006, 4:31 PM

5.2

bland

I have no clue why tmobile has put out the sidekick 3, it is pretty much the exact same thing as 2 just in a different color and can play some music through its soso speaker. It doesnt even play video, they pretty much just took the sidekick 2 and slapped some black paint on it. not worth it at all, get the mda 100% better pda.

jayden posted on Sep 21, 2006, 4:58 AM

web browsing

I have the sidekick 3 its ok all my friends like it but i think its alright u cant even download pic of the web u cant even c some sites because u need flash i though it had real web like water down like they said it didint have my nokia 6101 dose more than the sk3 i could download pic of its web sites and more but other than that i get compliaments all the time