Apple iPhone 6s Plus User Reviews

8.9
9.1

ozabb posted on Jun 03, 2017, 2:39 AM
Posts: 50; Member since: Dec 21, 2013

a great phone, just not for me

ozabb has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

as a life long android user i wanted something different and bought this baby. id say for someone who has never used android, this phone is everything. but i felt shackled.

build quality: there is nothing innovative about how an iphone looks. i mean its the same thing 3 years running so nothing to write home about. i hated the fact that you have to get a specific screen protector otherwise the touch feedback gets ruined. the "silent" switch is ok but unnecessary. also there is no indication on screen that silent mode is on, which is weird

reception: got great signals so far. i dunno why we even have this outdated option, it depends on your carrier not the phone

call quality: one of the best things i like about iphones is their noise cancellation

internet: safari is ok but i want to use firefox, and that app is crappy on ios

multimedia: ok a big subject. music wise its all right. but apps act stupidly. i use "do not disturb" cos "silent" mode turns off every kind of sound and i want calls from starred contacts to go through but on do not disturb the in app sounds are kept on. and there is no option to turn them off from the app or anywhere. frustrating

camera: im not an avid picture taker but the pics ive taken so far are flawless

UI: takes getting used to but once youre used to it you will not find that comfort somewhere else. the fingerprint scanner is i must say the best ive used. the UI is beautiful and feature rich plus uses the hardware efficiently. switching to apps...

Pros

• battery standby and screen on time
  • beautiful ui
  • call quality
  • better quality apps
  • secure os
  • sound and headphone output
  • buttery smooth multitasking

Cons

• unnecessary hardware button and lacking back and switch task keys
  • slooooowwwwww charging
  • screen protector deteriorates touch response
  • shackled experience
  • not worth the huge money
  • ui speed slow due to animations

ozabb alternatives:

deviceguy2016 posted on Jul 02, 2016, 7:18 PM
Posts: 826; Member since: Jun 16, 2016

so so could had been better

deviceguy2016 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I EXPECTED MORE OUT OF APPLE BY NOW, BUT WE WILL SEE IN IOS 10 BUT SEEN THE RUMORS, NOT TO IMPRESSED AS I THOUT IT WOULD BE, BUT HAVENT GIVEN UP ON APPLE YET, BUT STAYING ANDROID FOR NOW...STEVE JOBS KNEW AND RUN APPLE GREAT AND TIM COOK IS RUNNING APPLE DOWN SORRY TO SAY

nice design
ear piece could be louder, but ok
i have t mobile so calls were great, thanks to t mobile, not apple
needs a faster ram the 2 gb to laggy
not bad it is clear
camera is ok
to slow, apple needs to improve this and catch up to android, and apple will be better off
on ebay for sale
switching letter keys and numbers is a pain my android is on one, no switching
for the 441 ppm i think not in the 500's like samsung iPhone is pretty clear id say
it does hold a charge fairly well

Pros

• battery,camera

Cons

• cpu ram speed

deviceguy2016 alternatives:

legiloca posted on Jul 03, 2016, 12:55 AM
Posts: 1674; Member since: Nov 11, 2014

3 months of happiness and madness alike so far

legiloca has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

What I have: Silver version, 64 GB.
What I like the most: the buttery smooth experience, seamless updates, camera, battery life, display quality, and keyboard responsiveness.
What I dislike the most: the OS' inflexibility with customization, the bugs are occasionally annoying, speaker quality, lack of water and dust proofing.

I like its sturdy build (no #bendgate) and isn't easy to scratch, elegant looking, still dislike the protruding camera and it's kind of slippery. Currently the bezel king.
4G signal is troubled when I'm indoors compared to my other phones and is slow to change from 3G to 4G signal when I'm already in an open enough space even if I turned the Airplane mode off and on again.
Nothing to complain about in this regard. Caller sounds clear, and I sound as good too.
Impeccable, not a single time it showed me lag or a stutter
Speaker leaves a lot to be deisred (is mono so it lacks bass, a bit tinny at loudest volume), headphones are great. Live photos are fun to use
One of the best for its OIS, Live photo, and 4K capabilities, other neat features like Time Lapse and Slo-Mo work like a charm. It's annoyinf that the camera settings are in the Settings.
Smooth as butter BUT I experienced frame drops in the UI and worse 3D games where I sometimes experience 15 fps and jumps back to 50fps which is a bummer, hopefully future updates will fix this. UPDATE: Cellular signal affects the GPU performance which is nothing but Weird.
This has been my 1st time as an iOS user and the experienced is pretty mixed, I'm upset that I can't do much to customize the UI or anything but I'm pleased it's very smooth and never fails to impress me and updates arrive & install seamlessly. 3D Touch after so many months is still middling at best, though the keyboard, recent apps, peek-and-pop on Instagram & Facebook gave it quite a justice.
Only gripe at least have the option adjust the keyboard size, the speed and responsiveness is lightning fast
1080p with better calibration than most LCD panels out there, no need for a 2K display

Pros

• Great Display calibration despite not 2K
  • Good to Great Camera
  • Solid Build Quality
  • Fast Updates both apps and OS
  • Fast Overall Performance

Cons

• Inflexible UI
  • Speaker quality is bleh!
  • Camera bump
  • Cellular signal oddly affecting performance
  • Slippery body

legiloca alternatives:

Arch_Fiend posted on Feb 25, 2016, 2:12 AM
Posts: 3938; Member since: Oct 03, 2015

iPhone 6s Plus.

Arch_Fiend has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I want give some long reason why I score each category whatever I score it, just know that the score reflects my honest opinion of that aspect of the phone.
I think the phone is great, enough said right!

Figured I should mention I keep the phone in low power mode most of the time, even while gaming and the phone is still lag free and buttery smooth.

Also This is the first time i've used an iPhone as my daily driver.

Overall Rating Say's 9.4/10

Great!
Very good!
Also very good.
fast
Has all the bells and whistles.
Great color reproduction, has ois.
Blazing fast.
No complaints, it's a great daily driver.
Quick and has some cool features, moving the cursor with 3D touch being #one.
1080p is the best, very clear and bright.
last all day even with heavy gaming. certain games use more battery so that might not always be true but for the past 7 weeks it has been.

Pros

• Fast Ui
  • Great gaming peformance
  • Great camera with ois
  • Solid construction.
  • Phone looks great lol
  • Great display
  • The phone seriously doesn't heat up at all
  • Siri is Awesome
  • Battery easily last all day

Cons

• Widgets aren't like android but it's no big deal.
  • Keyboard has no swipe to text feature.
  • Camera hump but its flush with a case
  • No LED notification, I use flash notification but it's not the same.

Arch_Fiend alternatives:

fisher posted on Jan 29, 2016, 10:29 AM
Posts: 9; Member since: Jan 29, 2016

lovely

fisher has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome Phone I have ever had. Except the concept of depending on itunes for everything.Definitely need shortcut toggle for Cellular data in the control centre similar to Wifi. Other than that its has the Best Camera, awesome music quality through earphones, premium feeling and after all its an iPhone.

jonathanalexander9 posted on Jan 03, 2016, 9:33 PM
Posts: 61; Member since: May 04, 2015

i love this phone

jonathanalexander9 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

my only problem is this phone charge too long,so i have to use iPad Adapter to make it faster,beside that,i really really love this phone,camera is awesome,gaming is also good,the battery last a day,so i only charge once a day,touch ID is so fast

Pros

• Battery last a day
  • Camera is awesome
  • Touch ID is so fast

Cons

• battery charge too long,so you have to use iPad Adapter

jonathanalexander9 alternatives:

baldilocks posted on Nov 30, 2015, 1:52 AM
Posts: 1428; Member since: Dec 14, 2008

Wanted to try iOS again. This makes me not miss it.

baldilocks has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I find myself missing all the nice little things that Android is capable of. I guess the one positive I can say is that I never pick up the phone much, so more free time.

The outmoded notification system, the very limited app sharing and the lack of customization really drove my decision to get the Nexus 6P.

iTunes is an antiquated way of having to do most of your multimedia manipulation.
The iPhone 6S Plus suffers from a low frame rate because of it's resolution.
I often miss notifications. The lack of customization potential makes me not really want to be tied to the phone all the time.
No built in swyping method. Special characters are harder to access than on Android.
It's bright, but that's about it.

• Simple Interface

Cons

• Uninspiring/Closed UI
  • Notifications Need work
  • No LED notification or Ambient Display
  • Sharing between apps is still very limited

baldilocks alternatives:

pooma posted on Nov 26, 2015, 11:14 AM
Posts: 85; Member since: Oct 01, 2015

best

pooma has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

First of all. This is just as wonderful as expensive phone. Meaning if you expect it to throw everything and the kitchen's sink at you, you will surely be disappointed. However if you want phone that feels just right...

If I had to choose a phone for myself again I would take it once more without hesitation.

feeth posted on Nov 18, 2015, 6:33 AM
Posts: 20; Member since: Jun 14, 2014

I've been using this phone for over a week, but I feel I can say this and that about it.

feeth has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

[EDIT]: I bought 16GB version and I do not regret. If you're not installing s**tloads of apps, like 10 a day, not taking s**tloads of photos and listen to music using streaming services it is more than enough.

My Evolutive Labs case didn't make it here yet, but after a week of fair usage there are no scratches neither on screen or the back whatsoever. Feels sturdy, a little bit heavy (which might be drawback if you like laying in bed and toying with phone), but other than that it is literally flawless.
No problems whatsoever. I was a little concerned about it as I read some scientific work on that saying it is significantly worse than let's say Sammy, but even when travelling I have no issues at all.
Call quality varies, but when there's decent device on the other side of the phone it's almost live-good.
Again just flawless.
Apple Music is good, but not exactly fitting my needs. Bottom mounted speaker can be easily covered, but that's the matter of getting used to. Otherwise it's plenty loud and bee's knees quality.
Depends on how much light is there. Definitely one of the very best devices, if the best I don't know.
I doubt it can get any better. Some might say animations take long, but I would disagree. They are fine timed to the point it looks wonderful.
If you get to learn 3D Touch which takes like a day of using it you will surely appreciate it. [EDIT]: There's one thing that holy shit grinds my gears. Unless you buy an app (€2 in the AppStore) links opened from apps like Facebook's Messenger will open in Safari instead of YouTube/Twitter/whatever. Might not be the biggest deal in the world, but to me it is.
Not much to say about this one.
Definitely not industry leading, but looks so, so good you will throw your desktop monitor/laptop to garbage. I am just annoyed how shit my other screens look when compared to this, but as I said. Not the best on smartphone, but hell good.
On adaptive brightness which is to me just as bright as I need I get around 7-8 hours of screen on time (not even joking). Depeding on whether I play some Hearthstone or just have some social media runs along with listening to music.

Pros

• No significant flaws
  • Splendid battery life

Cons

• If you expect to hold it with one hand you better have Michael Jordan's hands

MrKoles posted on Sep 30, 2015, 1:35 PM
Posts: 368; Member since: Jan 20, 2013

I'm impressed, but the S6 Edge+ has so much more soul...

MrKoles has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've got mine from Germany, as I couldn't buy it in my country (64GB, silver). Again, Apple delivers the expected. Bump in processor, memory, build quality and materials, camera and something new: 3D Touch...I must confess, my favorite part and really innovative. BUT! Heavier, mono sound recording during videos (WTF???), missing the split screen multitasking from iPads and El Capitan (I believe 5,5" should suffice in regards the usability of this feature), slippery AF and keeping it without a case is just nonsensical. Finally, I really don't feel any improvement towards battery...can't figure out how could Phonearena measure an almost 50% better battery life. For me it is just average and definitely not better that the regular 6 Plus. I still prefer my S6 Edge+ over iPhone 6S Plus, and what is with that 16GB base option? Ridiculous. An amazing phone overall. Credit must be given where it's due...

Pros

• Design is still amazing even with the huge bezels
  • TouchID faster than ever
  • Camera takes flawless pictures, I like it more than the one in my S6 Edge+
  • SELFIES hahaha (keeping up with the trend)
  • 4K video, yay!
  • Apple makes you feel fancy (Maybe because I'm from a poor country and here people buy iPhone's to look rich)
  • Probably the fastest phone I've ever seen and used

Cons

• Heavy, slippery, case is a must
  • Mono sound recording
  • No split screen multitasking
  • Screen is really good but not the best anymore
  • No upgrade regarding battery life (even if Phonearena's own measurements say else)
  • Slow charging and Qi
  • Exremely expensive
  • Base 16GB option is plainly funny

MrKoles alternatives:

Mertesen posted on Aug 05, 2017, 3:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 05, 2017

Amazing

Mertesen has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

AMAZING Very long battery life, I charged phone after 2 days of moderate use and it's mind boggling, bummed it doesn't have wireless charging but it 'somehow' supports fast charging, just use an iPad charger and it'll top up after 120 minutes (150 mins. if using the out-of-the-box chargrer)

Pros

Cons

• Nothing

longnh posted on Aug 19, 2016, 12:57 AM
Posts: 2; Member since: Aug 21, 2015

Definitely a good phone, but not great

longnh has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Apple's always good at what it provides users. And users are always satisfied by whatever Apple gives them. But for me, iPhone 6S Plus isn't good enough. Its build quality is good as always, but it isn't flawless as I expected: the front piece, which is made by plastic, doesn't go too well with the metal body. Reception is mostly good but way worse than glass-made phone like Galaxy S7. Call quality is excellent, especially the famous facetime. Camera's among the bests out there but its start time is high, compare to its competitors. UI speed is always great. iOS itself is incredibly reliable. But the text input is a nightmare, I can't switch to my fav app: Swype. It may be hard to admit, but Apple's text input is too obsolete and it goes far behind others. Lacks of screen's widget is a thumb down, too. The display is excellent, although the "black" color isn't actually black. Battery is very good, it could easily goes through a day without charging.

longnh alternatives:

Fred34 posted on Jun 20, 2016, 1:17 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 20, 2016

Nearly Perfect

Fred34 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Great ! Only design flaw is the position of the On/Off button facing the volume rockers... Switching off too often when changing volume one handed :-(( But great ! The same phone with induction quick charging, OLED display and thinner bezels would be a good update for IPhone 7

Pros

• Battery, snappy and great Display

Cons

No Cons

sanjaykumarpuri posted on Jun 16, 2016, 7:28 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 16, 2016

A good phone with some software defects

sanjaykumarpuri has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

overall good. recommended for one time experience. Apple has to work more to fix software problems in phone. Some more features need to be added. 16 GB is obsolete it is high time that entry level storage be 32 GB.

Very bad call quality. Cracking sound with many disturbances.
Video player not as good as in android. Gallary not upto mark
Not good quality photographs
Lightning fast
ok
Better to install swiftkey or other third party keyboard.
good
Battery above excellent.

Pros

• Excellent Battery
  • Excellent Speed
  • Less Cumbersome
  • Excellent finger scanner
  • 3D touch

Cons

• Very poor quality call experience
  • Proprietary software with many obvious features truncated
  • Camera not very good

acousticaj16 posted on Jun 02, 2016, 10:19 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 02, 2016

Great Experience, one of the Best smartphones right now!

acousticaj16 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Pros:

Great Phone.
Build Quality is outstanding with the 7000 series aluminum
Camera is really nice, fast & shoots quality photos
Display is nice & bright

Cons:

IOS is boring, locked down & experience is almost flawless.
Software updates always have constant bugs which affect the overall experience
Can't change IOS icons/theme

Pros

• Great Phone.
  • Build Quality is outstanding with the 7000 series aluminum
  • Camera is really nice, fast & shoots quality photos
  • Battery life lasts throughout the day with no issues unless you're playing games for an extensive time
  • Display is nice & bright
  • Touch ID/Fingerprint scanner is really fast & adequate unless your hands are moist or device is in an Otterbox Defender Case

Cons

• IOS is boring, locked down & experience is almost flawless.
  • Software updates always have constant bugs which affect the overall experience
  • Can't change IOS icons/theme
  • Third-party keyboards are good, but constantly reverts to the stock IOS keyboard when you're on a certain app or when you want to type a password in in Social media accounts.
  • Wish rear Camera has manual controls (hope they come in future software releases)

4kMAN posted on Jan 31, 2016, 9:45 AM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jan 31, 2016

awesome

4kMAN has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Aravinth1989 posted on Jan 26, 2016, 7:02 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 26, 2016

Its an iPhone, the reason why its an iPhone

Aravinth1989 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the reason why its an iPhone. Premium build quality a phone have ever had.
The Best
The Best
Again The Best
The reason why its 9 is sometimes its really annoying for depending itunes for everything. I mean everything.
The Best iPhone camera so far.
Awesome UI with absolutely no lag or hiccups. Gives u a premium feel especially the fluidity of the interface.
Love this Phone
Simple and easy to use
Good Retina display but I would love it if the side bezels are thinner.
The Only phone which lasts a day after having tried so many phones in the past. The Best [Hands Down]

• User Interface
  • Music Quality through earphones
  • Universal software updates
  • Best Battery life
  • Freaky fast Touch ID

Cons

• itunes dependant
  • No shortcut toggle for Cellular Data similar to Wifi

FilippoBriganti posted on Jan 09, 2016, 10:55 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Aug 03, 2014

Onde of the best smartphones in the world

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

(Before starting the review I wanna say that my previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy s6 so for the people who come from "small" phone this new iPhone might be huge for the firsts week)
The iPhone 6s may look identical to the iPhone 6 Plus from last year except for the little "S" badge on the back of the phone, which means it is a beautiful phone. The display is excellent but not as good as the one found in the note 5 or Galaxy s6 which are more vibrant and they have deeper blacks, but it's still a great display maybe the best display except for the note 5 and s6. The performance are top notch, the phone is always smooth and buttery but it can get a little hot if you don't use wifi for data. The camera is the best on any smartphone, sometimes even better than the note 5/s6 even though the front facing camera is not as good as the one found in the galaxy note 5/s6. The software is iOS so it's excellent every time. The battery is awesome, like much better than my s6. So as you may have understood this phone is amazing! I have the 64gb model and it is perfect coming from a 64gb S6. It is a little expensive, on part with Samsung's flagship but much more expensive than the nexus 6p and other but I think it's worth the extra money. Finally... I love 3D Touch even though there aren't that many use for that but it will become better over time

Pros

• Huge display
  • Great battery
  • iOS 9 is smoother than any other iphone

Cons

• Too big for a lot of people
  • Expensive

Centuries posted on Nov 22, 2015, 9:08 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 25, 2015

I loved the iPhone 6s Plus

Centuries has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I really held on it for a long time, but I really like it's build quality. The only catch is that I wanted the regular 6s to have optical image stabilization like the bigger one, and I really wanted them to go out of 16GB. This is way less space, and like the Lumia 640, the 640 is worst.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • HD Resolution
  • Optical Image Stabilization
  • Efficient 3D Touch
  • 4K Video
  • SuperB Build Quality

Cons

• Too Heavy
  • 16GB Base Storage not Enough
  • No Amoled

Centuries alternatives:

rocky9413 posted on Oct 05, 2015, 8:06 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 29, 2012

Coming from Nokia to Sony, and first time Apply Owner, I'm Loving it!!

rocky9413 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Coming from Nokia 1520, then I switch to Sony Xperia Z3, both had 20+ megapixel camera, However, when I try my iphone 6s plus, the camera is awesome, it doesn't have listing of 20 Megapixel, however, feeling like its as good as 20 megapixel. I have 2 day battery on this 6s plus, its as good as my old Nokia 1520 with 3400 mah battery, compare with its only 2750 mah.
I have updated my ios to 9.02 since first day, dont have any problem with the os, and I think apply really did a good job with their OS, compare with android.
microsoft does have good os, but they really lack of the support of all the apps.
Spend half day setting my phone with heavy duty download, and multi-task install app and games, the phone handle everything i throw at it.
Talking about spec of the phone, I think apple is like BMW, they hide their horsepower, when i have my bmw 335xi, its listing as 300 hp, however it feel like its running at 400 hp.

Pros

• Great OS, Great Camer
  • New CPU is the champ
  • Touch ID

Cons

• speaker is kind low

samwebb posted on Sep 29, 2015, 1:03 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 29, 2015

I phone 6s plus. Better than Samsung offerings?

samwebb has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There is know doubt it is a great phone. With its great big screen, great camera and extremely fast is it the best phone around? Comparing to the note 5 or s6 edge plus the camera maybe is not quite as good but still very impressive. The screen however the samsung devices win. With quad HD screens you are probaly not goinf to find much better screens around. in terms of speed they are both some of the quickest if not the quickest devices around so you will not have a problem with that. With design they are both stunning. Battery they can probably both get around a full day. Overall we have to give it to apple with the amazing new processor, great camera, exciting new 3D touch feature and great design i just think it will be more successful.

Pros

• It has a great camera, it is the fastest ever smartphone, stunning desighn and great display.

Cons

• still no micro SD card slot, no removable battery.