Apple iPad mini 4 User Reviews

Coconut00 posted on May 31, 2016, 4:21 PM
Posts: 485; Member since: Jan 13, 2015

Awesome Tablet!

Coconut00 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have owned the Mini 4 for around two months and I have been loving it. Unlike the Mini 3 which was barely an upgrade over the Mini 2 this one is very good and I even bought the 64 GB version for $400 at Best Buy.
I would fully recommend this device especially since Best Buy sometimes has it at $100 off. The only other devices I could recommend are the iPad Air 2(slightly more powerful) and the Mini 2(cheaper, 16 GB going for $200 on Best Buy).

Awesome build quality. Extremely thin and light. Design might be a bit repetitive for someone who has owned iPads before but this is my first one so I like it.
Wifi only version so I don't know
Wifi only version so I don't know
Most likely the only pro of a 4:3 tablet is reading and web browsing
Excellent for Multimedia, except for the 4:3 screen.
When it comes to tablets, I only care about the front camera since I find people taking photos with them ridiculous. The front camera is average at day, bad at night
Some weird stutters here and there on iOS but still fast
The display of the Mini 4 is finally as good as the bigger iPads (well maybe not the iPad Pro 9.7 but that is a newer device). I still would prefer if it were 16:9 and SAMOLED but it is quite good for an LCD and on par with the AIr 2. I compared my iPad's screen to the one on a friend's Mini 2 and the differences in color were big.
Lasts me all day (from 6 am to 6 pm) and I have never gotten home with less than 65%. Standby time is amazing. I opened Bad Piggies, left the tablet to do something else and when I used it again 12 hours after this, the battery was at 100% (obviously not charging) and Bad Piggies did not reload.

Pros

• Fast
  • Excellent Build quality
  • Very good display for an LCD
  • iOS updates for many years
  • Apps are better than on Android tablets
  • Battery is fantastic

Cons

• Weird iOS stutters
  • Front Camera isn't good

Coconut00 alternatives: