Alcatel A50 User Reviews

anak123 posted on Mar 25, 2019, 12:49 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 25, 2019

Awful Phone

anak123 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The worst phone I have ever had. When calling, the screen turns off and will not turn on even when the power button is pressed. The media volume will go mute, even thought all volumes are on full- the only way to reset the volume is to restart the phone. At times, I can hear the other person on the line, however, they hear a loud screatching noise which forces them to hang up and call again.

Pros

• The phone came with a detachable speaker, which I use once in a blue moon, but it does come in handy...

Cons

erohs1 posted on Feb 04, 2018, 9:50 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Feb 22, 2014

More than what I expected for $10... But...

erohs1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My iPhone 6s kicked the bucket and I needed a cheap phone to tide me over while I save for a better one. I currently have the pulsemix model through cricket, which only has an 8mp camera, but that is the only difference. In full honesty I got this phone for less than the price of the USB C charger that came with it (and yes I found it odd that a phone this cheap uses it), so there is little I can really say wrong about it when knowing it costs less than three gallons of gas. The metrics below are so you can compare it to the best of the best flagships. In all honesty the phone isn't half bad, not is it half good. Calls are excellent quality, I found they are clearer than on my broken 6s which should be a huge insult too apple. The speaker is fairly loud but mono, I was not dissapointed. The keyboard is a little laggy, especially when on a website. The phone is a feat of the industrial revolution being so cheap and what I can imagine should retail for 80-100 dollars. The UI is quick but stumbles sometimes. If you are looking for a phone that had some good features (and a decent battery, albeit a slow charge time) this is a good phone to have.

Blurry and noisy, autofocus does more harm than good it seems.
The display is so so so close to 1080P, BUT the company opted for a slightly smaller weird ratio. The colors are all seeming a tad washed out. By today's standards I would rate the display a 4 but took price into consideration.

Pros

• Great value, can't go wrong
  • Super clear calls
  • Dragontail glass, very sturdy

Cons

• God awful camera
  • Display is not quite HD
  • Front flash isn't integrated in apps