Moto G Stylus, LG K51 and Stylo 6 launch budget price onslaught on T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro1
Since 5G coverage is still limited, though, and its median speeds in the low- to mid-bands are as fast as the fastest 4G LTE, there should be something for those who don't want fancy new 5G handsets, and T-Mobile just announced a trio of new budget phones coming its, Sprint's and Metro's ways.
LG Stylo 6 price, specs and release on T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro
A successor to the ultra popular Stylo 5, we already informed you that the Stylo 6 is coming to T-Mobile, as well as Sprint, and, incidentally, Metro as well. The new smartphone's standout feature is again a stylus for "creativity and productivity whenever that idea sparks." T-Mobile also lists the following Stylo 6 specs, price and release dates:
- With three cameras on the back and a 13MP selfie camera, LG Stylo 6 makes it easy to snap that perfect shot. It arrives at T-Mobile and Sprint on May 29, followed by Metro by T-Mobile on June 10.
- T-Mobile customers can get it for $10.50/month ($0 down, FRP $252) — all for 24 months on T-Mobile’s no-interest Equipment Installment Plan with credit check.
- Sprint customers can get it for $25 down and $5 per month on Sprint Flex Lease (FRP $252). And stay tuned for Metro by T-Mobile offers, available soon.
LG K51 price, specs and release on T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro
The next LG K51 entrant in the new budget phone onslaught on the new T-Mobile comes at the price of free, and the Un-carrier is listing these specs, price, and release dates for the LG K51:
- The LG K51 LTE smartphone boasts a 6.5” screen, 13MP front camera and triple rear camera system with a 115˚ super wide lens for taking sweet panoramas - and it’s free when you switch to Metro by T-Mobile! Just pay the sales tax and activation fee and show a valid ID for verification.
- The LG K51 release date on Metro is May 26, at T-Mobile on May 29 and later this summer at Sprint.
- T-Mobile customers can get it for $7.75/month ($0 down, FRP $186) — all for 24 months on T-Mobile’s no-interest Equipment Installment Plan with credit check. Stay tuned for pricing at Sprint closer to availability.
Check out the LG K51 unboxing and video review by T-Mobile themselves.
Motorola moto g stylus price, specs and release on T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro
Last but definitely not least, the new T-Mobile introduces us to another phone with a stylus in its newfangled budget phone roster, the Motorola moto g stylus (yes, Moto insists on the no-caps naming scheme for some reason.
Motorola moto g stylus specs and price on Metro by T-Mobile:
Display: 6.4" FHD+ Max Vision display
Processor: 2.0 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 665 processor
Cameras: 48 MP + 16MP ultrawide + 2MP macro + 16MP front camera system
As you can see, the Motorola moto g stylus is a very worthy contender to the LG Stylo 6 specs, what with its slide-out stylus and 128GB of storage, not to mention the "48MP, AI-powered triple camera system," or the large 4000mAh battery. A phone with a stylus needs a tad larger screen to work on, though, so the Stylo 6 has an advantage in that regard.
In any case, the Motorola moto g stylus is already launched on Metro by T-Mobile today for $239, and if you switch from another carrier you can get it for free. Even if you are just looking for a new budget phone, it's amazing what two Benjamins and change can buy these days. Any takers?