Windows Phone Marketplace reaches the 125,000 apps mark
Starting with a modest catalog of just 2000 apps, Microsoft has proven that it's serious about that whole Windows Phone thing, continuously investing in the app ecosystem of its relatively young OS. Unfortunately for Microsoft, though, Windows Phone itself is yet to catch up with the leading mobile operating systems out there, as the market share of WP is still incredibly paltry.
Anyways, having loads and loads of apps is very important for every OS out there, so it might just be a matter of time before MS joins the race of the big guys.
Here are some interesting facts about the Windows Phone Marketplace:
- 126,530 apps were published to the Windows Phone Marketplace over the last 20 months;
- 113,170 apps are live (publicly listed as available for download, total across 60 countries);
- 101,517 apps are live in the US Marketplace;
- Windows Phone reached the 125,000 milestone faster than Android (26 months), but slower than iOS (18.5 months);
- 30,000 developers have published an app in the Marketplace;
- Proportion of quality apps (rated five or more times) stable in the UK at 7.8% (8% in May), increasing in the US at 13.8% (12% in May).
Posts: 870; Member since: Dec 08, 2010
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 9:32 AM 5
Posts: 446; Member since: Feb 23, 2012
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 AM 12
Posts: 1313; Member since: Jan 17, 2011
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 9:37 AM 3
Posts: 285; Member since: Feb 28, 2012
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 9:49 AM 1
Posts: 365; Member since: Jul 05, 2009
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 10:44 AM 1
Posts: 3991; Member since: Jan 04, 2012
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 12:28 PM 1
Posts: 1869; Member since: May 03, 2012
posted on Oct 25, 2012, 6:02 PM 2
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):