Tuesday's News Bits - June 2009 edition, part 4
- Images reveal an Alltel-branded BlackBerry Tour! So, having been announced by Verizon and Sprint, can we presume this incredibly cool BlackBerry is coming to Alltel as well we wonder. Your guess is better than ours.
First photos to reveal an Alltel-branded BlackBerry Tour
- T-Mobile has released the Green Perks app. What it does is, basically, send you offers and promotion about various green-oriented products. Then you receive electronic coupons granting you a discount at the store.
- NVIDIA’s mobile chipset, Tegra, is expected to make a debut in Q4 2009. According to the company’s general manager of the mobile unit, Mike Rayfield, the device should be available in a phone from one of the top five mobile manufacturers.
- Spain’s first Android smartphone has been revealed. The company GeeksPhone has unveiled a phone, called One, which will be running Android 1.5 and looks every bit like the Samsung OMNIA. Hey, who cares? Well, GeeksPhone sure doesn’t. So, the handset is expected to launch this fall at an estimated unsubsidized price of $352 to $422 (€250 to €300).
(translated) via EngadgetMobile
Doom Resurrection for the iPhone
- Doom Resurrection for the iPhone is released. The first-person shooter seems to boast advanced graphics and gameplay experience, just like its PC predecessor, Doom III. The game is available for purchase at a price of $9.99.
source: App Store via Gizmodo