How to transfer files to your new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from an older Galaxy model
So you just took home your new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to replace your older Samsung Galaxy model. Now comes the part that some find fun and others find a chore; moving over your files from the older device to your brand spanking new Galaxy Note 9. For a few years now, Samsung has offered a feature called Smart Switch to make this process quite easy, if not exactly quick.
- Connect the two devices using the Smart Switch adapter.
- When asked which application to open, select Smart Switch.
- Read the Introduction.
- Press start and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Press receive on the Galaxy Note 9.
- Agree to the permissions requested.
- Tap "Allow" on your older Galaxy handset.
- Choose which files you want transferred.
- Sit back and wait for Smart Switch to move over the files.
- When the process is finished, press on "close app."
- Display 6.4" 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Octa-core, 2800 MHz
- Storage 128 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 4000 mAh(29h 3G talk time)
Posts: 1004; Member since: Jul 31, 2012
posted on Aug 24, 2018, 5:34 PM 1
Posts: 918; Member since: Aug 03, 2018
posted on Aug 25, 2018, 7:19 PM 0
Posts: 407; Member since: Sep 11, 2016
posted on Aug 24, 2018, 11:39 PM 1
Posts: 914; Member since: Sep 28, 2017
posted on Aug 25, 2018, 8:34 AM 1
Posts: 1627; Member since: Jul 17, 2018
posted on Aug 25, 2018, 10:09 AM 0
Posts: 30; Member since: May 08, 2018
posted on Sep 10, 2018, 1:35 AM 0
Posts: 27; Member since: May 08, 2018
posted on Sep 13, 2018, 9:25 PM 0
Posts: 4; Member since: Dec 10, 2018
posted on Dec 10, 2018, 8:31 PM 0
Posts: 3; Member since: Mar 26, 2019
posted on Mar 26, 2019, 4:29 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):