The Moto X craze continues: rumors, rumors, rumors!
Now to the (potentially) good stuff – First off, Google+ user Taylor Wimberly (allegedly the founder of the Android and Me blogsite), challenged users to ask him about the Moto X, claiming he has most of the details. Among the more interesting insights he provides are a confirmation that the device will, after all, ship with a 720p panel, although in terms of size he claims he's only sure that it will be in the 4 to 4.9 inch range.
“Price?”, you ask, and the leakster obliges – price range is apparently unknown, but according to him around $299 or less, unlocked. The device should ship with a “close to stock Android” which will receive timely updates and also feature an ““always-on” listening mode and contextual awareness actions. Think Google Now phone actions on steroids”.
The extended scoop includes: a MSM960pro system-on-chip, 2GB RAM and, supposedly, industry-leading battery life. In terms of customization, the phone is said to launch with a choice between metal, plastic, wood and carbon fiber casing.
Didn't get your daily rumor fix? Reddit user motoleaker (original, we know) posted an IAMAA thread on the site's boards claiming he's a Motorola employee (IAM) and can answer almost anything (AA) Motorola related. He claims specs aren't his strong suit, and his knowledge seems sporadic. A quick summary of what he claims to know include:
- We should likely see 2 devices (a possible 1080p phablet flagship and its smaller 720p brother) from Motorola by the year's end and Google phones beginning early 2014
- The customizable casing materials also mean a solid uni-body. Non-removable battery. Only essential ports.
- Up to 32 different colors
- Motorola does not and will not receive special treatment from Google in terms of Android roll-outs
- Google did the design and has “a lot of say in the product.”
source: Reddit, Taylor Wimberly (G+)
Posts: 10457; Member since: May 14, 2012
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 9:56 AM 0
Posts: 435; Member since: Jul 27, 2011
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 9:59 AM 9
Posts: 607; Member since: Jun 14, 2013
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 3:37 PM 1
Posts: 4744; Member since: Jan 28, 2011
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 3:40 PM 2
Posts: 1715; Member since: Mar 04, 2009
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 10:24 AM 4
Posts: 1635; Member since: Feb 21, 2013
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 11:38 AM 1
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 4:20 PM 0
Posts: 206; Member since: May 14, 2013
posted on Jul 03, 2013, 6:45 PM 0
posted on Jul 04, 2013, 6:04 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):