Sprint's HTC EVO 4G is getting 2.3 Gingerbread today
Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates > Check Now > OK >Yes
For those who are not that impatient, the update is confirmed to automatically roll out starting June 6th. Transitioning to Android 2.3 is done in two simple steps as the update is carried on over the air. The instructions below are given on Sprint’s website:
1. Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.
2. Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.
So while rumors were split about a June 3rd and June 6th date for the update, it turned out that both are true. It’s not yet clear whether the update will bring the latest 2.3.4 flavor of Gingerbread, but – apart from the minor changes in the UI - it’s expected to fix some bugs including battery discharges, the ability to sync multiple Gmail accounts and display email attachments. Feel free to let us know how your update went and whether you personally find the promised improvements!
source: Sprint via Electronista
Posts: 4888; Member since: Apr 15, 2011
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 8:31 AM 1
Posts: 46; Member since: May 31, 2011
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 7:48 PM 0
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 10:59 AM 0
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 3:55 PM 0
Posts: 23; Member since: Jan 04, 2011
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 10:46 PM 0
posted on Jun 03, 2011, 8:12 PM 0
posted on Jun 05, 2011, 5:46 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):