Samsung announced ultra-thin phone
At Expo Comm Wireless Korea 2005' held at COEX in Seoul, Samsung officially announced its ultra-thin phone called SCH-V740. It is only 0.57 thick and weights 3.45ounces, thin and light enough to get in shirt pocket. But in its thin body it has lots of features such as 1.3 megapixel camera, MP3, and Bluetooth.
Unfortunately it would be available for Korean Market only.
- Size: 3.85 x 2.00 x 0.57 (98mm x 51mm x 14.5mm), at the weight of 3.45 ounces (98g)
- 1.3 megapixel rotating camera; video recording (MPEG4)
- 320x240, 262k main display; 96x96, 65k sub display
- cdma200 1x EV-DO (800Mhz)
- MP3 player, with dedicated buttons
Because of its size and clamshell design, SCH-V740 is frequently compared with Motorola V3, which dimensions are 3.9" x 2.2" x 0.5"(98mm x 55mm x 13.9mm) and also uses clamshell form-factor. The CDMA version of Motorola V3 Razor is soon expected to hit Korean Markets, too.