Samsung SCH-i830 soon to hit the market
Samsung officially announced the successor of the i730 which was first CDMA phone capable to roam on GSM networks. The SCH-i830, which is the first Windows Mobile for Pocket PC phone to feature both CDMA and GSM frequencies, shares most of the features of its predecessor, but lacks Wi-Fi and camera (probably there will be a version with a camera). Added is high-speed EV-DO, turning the i830 into dual-mode, quad-band world phone. Also the i830 has blue housing, compared to the black of the i730.
- GSM 900/1800, CDMA 800/1900, EV-DO
- Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC Phones Operating System
- QVGA 240x320 TFT color touch display
- Sliding design with full QWERTY keyboard
- Media Player with Dual Stereo Speakers
- Memory expansion through SD I/O cards
The SCH-i830 from Samsung is expected to hit the market before the end of this year. Expected carrier is Verizon Wireless.