Samsung Galaxy mini and Galaxy Gio getting updated to Gingerbread
The Samsung Galaxy mini and Galaxy Gio are both getting Gingerbread in its 2.3.3 flavor, but if you can't wait for the official OTA to hit your handset, feel free to head to the source link below to get an image of the beta firmware and detailed instructions. After downloading the XXKPF update for the Galaxy mini and the XXKPA update for the Galaxy Gio, you can flash it and enjoy all the benefits of Gingerbread.
With their humble specs, the two handset also prove an important point – hardware seems to be hardly a restriction for the update. A good argument to have in mind if you don't get your high-end Android updated, isn't it?
source: SamFirmware (Galaxy mini, Galaxy Gio) via Samsung Hub
- Display 3.1" 240 x 320 pixels
- Camera 3 MP
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S1, Single core, 600 MHz
- Storage 0.16GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1200 mAh(7.33h 3G talk time)
- Display 3.2" 320 x 480 pixels
- Camera 3 MP
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S1, Single core, 800 MHz
- Storage 0.158GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1350 mAh(6.60h 3G talk time)
Posts: 536; Member since: Jun 06, 2009
posted on Jun 06, 2011, 7:55 AM 3
Posts: 5396; Member since: Sep 16, 2010
posted on Jun 06, 2011, 8:39 AM 0
posted on Aug 11, 2011, 1:11 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):