Rumor mill did well with the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P
A pretty good advance look at the Nexus 5X was disseminated in August. And while most rumors correctly called for a 5.2-inch display, most were looking for a 1440 x 2560 resolution, not the 1080 x 1920 that the device does sport. By August, it was pretty much assumed that the Snapdragon 808 SoC would be inside.
As far as the Nexus 6P is concerned, as recently as August there was talk that the Snapdragon 820 SoC would be powering the phone. However, back in July, analyst Pan Jiutang correctly figured that the Snapdragon 820 would not be ready in time to be used by Huawei. The Nexus 6P went through two different rumored titles before the correct one surfaced. Early on, we knew the device as the Huawei Nexus, and then the Huawei Nexus 6. Last month, we took our first look at the Nexus 6P. And while there seemed to be a question of whether the phone would sport a 5.5-inch or 5.7-inch screen, most called for the glass to be equipped with a 1440 x 2560 QHD resolution.
There where some twists in the road, and the rumor mill didn't score as highly as it did with the Apple iPhone 6s and Apple iPhone 6s Plus. But overall it was a good performance for the tipsters and serial leakers who passed along their information.
- Display 5.2" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 12.3 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Hexa-core, 1800 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 2700 mAh(20h talk time)
- Display 5.7" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 12.3 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, Octa-core, 2000 MHz
- Storage 128 GB
- Battery 3450 mAh(23h talk time)
Posts: 2280; Member since: Sep 21, 2012
posted on Sep 29, 2015, 3:34 PM 1
posted on Sep 29, 2015, 4:12 PM 0
posted on Sep 29, 2015, 3:41 PM 0
Posts: 2429; Member since: Aug 01, 2015
posted on Sep 29, 2015, 3:54 PM 0
posted on Sep 29, 2015, 4:05 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):