OpeniBoot brings Android to iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch
OpeniBoot is the successor to Bootlace, which ported the Android OS to the iPhone 2G and 3G. This new iteration will support the newer generation of Apple devices, including the iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and the 2nd-generation iPod Touch. See below for a video of OpeniBoot loading on an iPad.
If you're unfamiliar with such programs, all you need to know is that they are open source implementation programs that allow your iOS device to load an unsigned kernel, like Android, to your device. Once you have loaded such a program, you will still have the option to load the original OS. It basically makes your iOS device like a dual-booting computer. OpeniBoot isn't yet available for your newer iOS devices, but judging from the video, it should be along shortly.
source: iDroid Project via Redmond Pie
- Display 3.5" 640 x 960 pixels
- Camera 5 MP / 0.3 MP VGA front
- Processor Apple A4, Single core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 1420 mAh(7.00h 3G talk time)
Posts: 1436; Member since: Jul 11, 2008
posted on Nov 14, 2010, 2:13 AM 0
Posts: 997; Member since: May 13, 2009
posted on Nov 14, 2010, 2:57 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):