Man takes selfie with Python, ends up getting bit on the shoulder
That should have been the last time that any PhoneArena writer would have to type the words rattlesnake, selfie and bite all together in one story. Of course, it wasn't. The very next month, a gentleman by the name of Alex Gomez came across a four-foot rattlesnake checking out the lay of the land on his family's ranch. Perhaps Alex is normally a bright guy, but selfie sickness got the best of him. Instead of calling animal control, or a professional snake handler, he decided to take a selfie. You can figure out what happened next.
It has been over a year since Alex Gomez was bitten by a rattlesnake while attempting to snap a selfie. Good for mankind, we thought. The world is maturing, we concluded. After all, we don't even see anyone with a selfie stick these days. But just when we thought that the world was getting collectively smarter, we have to pass along the latest proof than man was not made to shoot selfies with snakes.
A python was recently removed from a school in India's northwestern Rajasthan state. As the snake is being relocated, a guy decides to attempt to snap a selfie with the front end of the creature. Suddenly, he is bit on the shoulder. Luckily enough, he did not suffer any serious injury.
The next time you feel like taking a selfie with an animal, especially a snake, head back to this story and read it until the feeling subsides.
source: SkyNews via HuffingtonPost