Frayed Apple iPhone 6 charger cable electrocutes Vietnamese teen48
It has been some time since we passed along a story about an iPhone user who was electrocuted while charging his/her device. But this week, a 14-year old girl in Vietnam was electrocuted in her sleep by a frayed charging cable that was plugged into her Apple iPhone 6. Police theorize that Le Thi Xoan plugged her official Apple charger into her phone, and laid it on her bed as she did every night. A slight tear in the cord exposed some of the wiring, and when she rolled over onto the cord in her sleep, the teen was electrocuted. Her parents found her unconscious in bed and rushed her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
This might be a good time for you to check the condition of the charging cables on your phone, regardless of the manufacturer. And also check out the cables used by your entire family. If there are any cracks or openings in any cable that exposes the wiring inside, throw it out now before it is too late.