Apple to double sales of AirPods in 2018 says top analyst
Kuo sent out a research note to clients today, claiming that two positive things have happened to Apple as far as the AirPods go. One, Apple has improved production of the product, and two, demand has continued to pick up. Delivery times have dropped to a range of 1 to 3 days which the analyst says is partly due to an improved assembly process and increased manufacturing capacity from the assembler.
Back in May, we told you that the Apple AirPods enjoyed a 98% satisfaction rate from wearers of the device. That even topped the 92% satisfaction rate scored by the original Apple iPhone back in 2007. That figure set a record for a new Apple product. Breaking the numbers down even more, 82% were "very satisfied" with the AirPods, 16% were "satisfied," and the remaining 2% were neither satisfied or dissatisfied.
According to the same survey:
- 93%-satisfied that the AirPods didn't fall out of their ears.
- 95%- happy with the battery life and the comfortable fit.
- 97% were satisfied with the case for the AirPods, which doubles as a charger.
- 97% liked how they can use Bluetooth to pair the AirPods to an iPhone.
- 98% were happy about how fast the AirPods charge up.
These number correspond with a device that is rapidly being purchased by consumers. And if Ming-Chi Kuo is right, as he often is, the AirPods are another big winner for Apple.