Apple and Samsung dominated 71% of the US smartphone market in 2015
It shall be interesting to see whether the upcoming LG G5, a rather interesting smartphone by the looks of it, will eat into Apple and Samsung's market shares, despite the two's traditionally strong competition. Apple is going to introduce significant changes with the iPhone 7 & 7 Plus in the second half of 2016, and is also rumored to unveil an aggressively priced iPhone with up-to-date hardware and features in March. The three offerings are sure to attract potential upgraders and Android switchers, perhaps more so than the Samsung Galaxy S7, which is shaping up as an incremental upgrade over its technologically impressive predecessor.
the smartphone market is a difficult place to do business in.
To conclude the overview, here is some random interesting trivia from Parks Associates for mobile enthusiasts. You sure love watching videos, don't you?
- More than 70% of smartphone users in America now watch short streaming video clips, and more than 40% watch long streaming videos
- Almost 40% of smartphone users use the voice recognition function; among iPhone users, more than half have used Siri.
- 36% of users use Wi-Fi calling
- 35% stream music from the phone to speakers
- 26% use a payment app for purchases at a retail location
- 24% stream video from the phone to a second screen (e.g., TV, PC, etc.)
source: Park Associates
- Display 4.7" 750 x 1334 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Apple A9 APL0898, Dual-core, 1840 MHz
- Storage 128 GB
- Battery 1715 mAh(14h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.1" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 7 Octa, Octa-core, 2100 MHz
- Storage 128 GB
- Battery 2550 mAh(23h 3G talk time)
Posts: 1412; Member since: Jul 06, 2014
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 4:36 AM 4
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 4:49 AM 4
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 5:21 AM 0
Posts: 27; Member since: Aug 14, 2014
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 7:45 AM 2
Posts: 61; Member since: Sep 14, 2015
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 4:37 AM 11
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 5:03 AM 2
Posts: 226; Member since: May 15, 2015
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 5:37 AM 12
Posts: 1824; Member since: Dec 08, 2014
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 6:13 AM 4
Posts: 1180; Member since: Feb 25, 2012
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 6:05 AM 3
Posts: 14967; Member since: Sep 25, 2013
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 1:59 PM 0
Posts: 201; Member since: Dec 14, 2015
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 3:39 PM 0
Posts: 11; Member since: Sep 15, 2015
posted on Feb 11, 2016, 4:07 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):