Samsung SCH-A645 User Reviews

posted on 15 Oct 2008, 09:59

ehh, not the best....

I have this phone from U.S. Cellular, I got it in 2007 and it worked okay until around Dec 07- Jan 08, One problem I have been experiencing is that the phone only sends text messages out if it is replying to a message. The time the phone takes loading things (like buying ringtones of the net) takes along time. Im not sure if its supposed to, but my phone will not recive a picture message. my phone will also turn on if it gets bumped into the wrong way/hit, which can lead to complications when talking to my boss (my job does not let us have cell phones on). These problems may have come from being dropped, but i have seen cases similar and if all of those problems can come from being dropped than the phone has some major durability errors. On the plus side though, turning my phone on by hitting it entertains friends. Ive never had a call dropped. The phone has a world clock which is fun sometimes. another problem with the phone is that my speaker phone will turn itsself on sometimes by just grazing the button. The phone will heat up quickly, especcialy if talking while charging. another minor problem is that in the year or so that i have had my phone, i have yet to figure how to turn the warning that my battery is dying off, leading my phone to be taken during school twice while i had the ringer off and all of the sounds off. I do like the clamshell design and lack of external antenna though, it makes the phone seem sleaker. also the speaker phone comes in handy when the phone...

Pros

• nice design
  • world time
  • email access
  • speaker phone
  • not dropped a call

Cons

• durability errors
  • texting issues
  • battery alerts
  • temperature
  • speaker phone has issues
  • no internet browsing
  • long time loading internet- high costs

gabriella frei
posted on 25 Dec 2007, 10:13

3.6

the samsing SCH-A645

I have had this phone for 6 months now it is my fist phone and it is definetly not oging to be my last.the thing i dont like about this phone is that at first i liked it i was excited but as weeks went by it got cool out side and i was outside one day while texting a friend and the buttons started to click and make noises and if you hit it once the buttons would stay down and you had to click them back in to place because all the buttons are joined together so if i hit the 3 button the 5 and the 1 button would go.The other thing i noticed while haveing this phone was that the reseption is horrible and i get many droped call's because there is not anntena. other wise this is a good phone its small but a like a brick it can take anything includeing my dog trying to eat it!

lorri
posted on 13 Nov 2007, 23:50

4.4

this phone stinks

i have alot of drop calls with this phone and not a good signal

Normand cheff
posted on 07 Apr 2007, 22:43

phone is good but the battery life sucks

This cell phone has many quality but when it comes to the battery, i don't think its a phone that can be reliable when using on travel time . battery does not stay charge even if the phone is not on. I had to argue about it with telus in three different occation,and after loosing my cool, they finally decided to replace the batteries for the two phones that i bought.
I'm trying out the new batteries now and will get back to give my opinion reguarding these cellular phones.

5t3v3
posted on 26 Dec 2006, 10:23

Good Phone

i really like this phone,the speaker is loud,i like the numerous bg's that i can get...good phone, i reccomend for anyone wanting a first cell phone. basically this phone doesn't mess around. it's almost 1337

posted on 05 Oct 2006, 20:53

Good phone for the money

Haven't had one before this. But for a basic phone it's great. 500 numbers. Many numbers plus email per entry. Sound quality is great. Speaker is loud. Buttons are easy but not great.

Good phone.