iPhone 4S now goes for $114 at Walmart
1. -box- (Posts: 3571; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Well at least those prices seem more commeasurate with the capabilities of the devces
2. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I remember someone telling me just yesterday how expencive and premium am iPhone is. 100 bux is an appropriate price for it at least, concidering the specs and functionality
12. jimjam (Posts: 228; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
$100 without a contract is about right. $100+$1600 2 yr contract is expensive.
19. Vrils (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
in USA everything is subsidized by BANKS
the gas, the mobile phones, the houses, etc
they live on LOAN !
3. networkdood (Posts: 5618; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
good deal...radio shack has it at 149.00 before trade-in
6. LegedaryRelic (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I think this is only Walmart's doing. Apple prices are still the same so is the price at at&t. Still surprised some that it's so low, even for Walmart...
15. Baseballer (Posts: 126; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It was a hoax, they came out to say it was a pricing error and its fixed now
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
From reading android fan responses to the GSIII it's been a dissappointment. Looks like you guys got Samsunged
17. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the difference in the SGS3 and the i4s is thus, taco:
People are disappointed in the SGS3 because they imagined some crazy rocket ship mind reading phone with untold power.. and got "just" the worlds strongest phone with usefully cool - but not - mind - blowing new features instead.
People were disappointed in the i4s because they imagined some crazy mind reading phone with new features... and got the exact same phone they already had with a voice control feature no one uses after a month... and a less functional android notification bar.
see.. there are 2 different types of appointment.
And looking at the 2, I, and most people, would rather be "samsunged", than "iphoned"..
21. redsox21 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I would rather have a phone that works, than a phone that needs all that processing power just to sometimes have a smooth interface. And yes, i have had both phones. Had the Atrix before the I4s and ios beats android in functionality any day. And also, i4s got more speed and camera power over the 4. And according to the facts (sales) more people would rather be iphoned than samsunged ;)
5. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I work at Walmart in a wireless center in NE Ohio, and I can tell you our prices have not dropped. At least not yet. First thing I did after reading this story is check. I just hope we don't get a lot of people coming in and asking about it.
7. theoak (Posts: 318; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
These are insanely low prices especially for a 4S.
I was going to keep my 4 for another year and skip the fall 2012 model, but I had plans on spending the $20 and upgrading my battery.
Come fall 2012, if these price drops continue, it may make more sense to drop the money on a 4S because it will be just as cheap than replacing the battery on my 4.
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
"Cult of Mac"?? How appropriate. Great price for the iphone,for what it is.
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so much for not trolling in Apple articles...
16. networkdood (Posts: 5618; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
99.00 is an appropriate price for the iphone 4S.