iOS 7 drives a young child to tears
Apparently pastel colors are only so-effective at enticing children, and little Jack is evidently immune to such soft and bright colors or the accompanying parallax view as the icons seem to float above the wallpaper.
Imagine the horror this child faced after seeing the iPad his father just updated. While iOS 7 brings a host of new features to the table, there is just no satisfying some people, and young Jack could very well be the personification of those disaffected users.
We catch the exchange mid-meltdown where little Jack seems to be denying it is the same iPad he has used before. “What’s different?” he asks. “Everything!” weeps the child.
“You’re just gonna have to get used to it,” states his dad. “No! I don’t want it!” The full meltdown then ensues and you can imagine that little Jack was not allowed to play with the iPad (at a minimum). Thankfully, the video is only 16 seconds long, however, fair warning, that may exceed the tolerance levels for some of our readership’s ability to endure the sights and sounds of a wailing child.
1. bucky (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
This is a troll bait article.
Shame on you phonearena
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 782; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If you want to hear the truth... Let the children speak.
39. Omarc07 (Posts: 163; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I noticed children and drunk people always say the truth..he said it truth is ios 7 is ugly..
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Don't be mad, PhoneArena just informs you about societies opinion about iOS 7. :) Also kids don't lie, he is not biased, he really don't like it! :(
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe a bit off topic but here is nice video:
"Kitty doesn't like..."
20. evarod48 (Posts: 112; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I guess you have to be a 16 year old girl to truly love IOS 7
3. Ninetysix (Posts: 921; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I would stuff a piece of a kitkat bar down that boy's throat. Ones with an android logo. The other piece will be for me.
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 782; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sounds like something what a child abuser would do... Register!
44. VZWuser76 (Posts: 720; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? Maybe if someone had done that you as a child you'd know better.
51. Pancholo (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Naw, he doesn't care. It's the internet; everybody's a bad boy. The best you can do is hope they don't reproduce, otherwise keep the flammenwerfer nearby to spray all over its nest.
5. BReND0 (Posts: 49; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
No. PhoneArena throws in these every now and then to prove they ain't on Apple's pickle.....
18. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Really? A guy named Alan R or something here posts so many threads for apple products and he is a fanboi. Go figure.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's just a freaking iOS, what are you crying for?
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Grammar Nazi is back from vacation.
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nope, you can clearly see this kid is crying because of the iOS 7.
Title : iOS 7 drives a young child to tears
The story of the video : Kid is crying because of the iOS 7.
iOS 7, iOS 7, iOS 7... Mr. Grammar Nazi, there's nothing wrong with my comment. It's just a problem with your job, you're too focused on your job. Relax, take a day off, you will feel better.
31. Reality_Check (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Then it should be something like this. It's just a freaking OS / It's just freaking iOS. Not sure though :)
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yes there is.
"It's just a freaking iOS, what are you crying for?" -----> It's just a freaking OS, what are you crying for?
You tried correcting me but clearly failed. I proved you wrong once again like always. :)
48. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Give that damn child a KitKat bar, that'll shut his whiny @$$ up.
8. ReaperChief (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow..fabulous how today's children have grown with these gadgets and now they take them for granted. I've grown with Windows 95 but i really don't feel like i should cry over an update or a device. I guess that the kid is just as old as the first iPhone.
52. Pancholo (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You don't feel like crying over an update because your butt is around 22+ years old. This kid will probably cry for anything 'til his mid teens.
13. chsiao (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 May 2011)
The four year old boy should be happy about the new os7 it is a lot better than the old one.
14. Andrewtst (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This is second video kids dislike new iOS 7 pastel colors!
15. bucky (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
This is a parenting problem quite common in society.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If kids opinion doesn't match yours, it doesn't mean that there is an problem.
28. bucky (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You certainly are a child yourself judging by the response. This kid is obviously spoiled to s**t.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The father basically said he had no choice but to get used to it and that's bad parenting skills? Really?
23. jaytai0106 (Posts: 489; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Sort of is in a way. When I was growing up, my parents always taught me to be tough against the changes life might throw at you. As little as changes in iOS could make him cry... the kid is a bit soft... Sorry I might be a little harsh here, but if that was me as little kid my mom would just start count to three to stop me from crying anymore.
29. tacarat (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
The kid is four. Soft, maybe, but I think there's a practical limit on how emotionally developed he could be. He probable shrugs off scorpions but wasn't ready for 7.
32. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Yea dad just throws kid an ipad to shut him up. This guys parenting skills are just as limited as ios.
21. ZeroCide (Posts: 591; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!
45. VZWuser76 (Posts: 720; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Are you talking about the commenters on PA or one in the article. ;)
24. thedarkside (Posts: 623; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
who cares what a four year old thinks? why in the hell would you give a four year old a device that is hundreds of dollars in price? stupid stupid stupid.
26. xtroid2k (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I have no words. But maybe apple could pick this kids brain and a few other s to see what they like and make a kids corner. "Oh what an idea" I do agree that he need not cry over an upgrade c'mon kid walk it off.
30. Kalevro (Posts: 54; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
The child in all of us feels the same way, shame on you Apple.
35. amasog (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
I could not find any evidence the 2 guys' subject were actually the idevice. anyone could clarify to me?
37. Whateverman (Posts: 3060; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Gonna have to get use to it... Gonna have to get use to it???
What parent makes their child use iOS 7?!?! Has anyone contacted child protective services yet?
38. SilverSurfer85 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Why is this crap even News... :: smh :: Spoiled A$$ kids.
41. SprintPower (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Dec 2008)
This could be about his favorite T-Shirt. Nothing at all to indicate it is about iOS7.
43. zachattack (Posts: 202; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
children don't like it, girls don't even like it. Who the hell likes iOS7. People who are either a bit too devoted to apple, or people who have never had Android. Oh well there is no saving some people. Poor kid.. no one should be subjected to iOS7
46. vividblu2020 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
kids are suckers for candy. share the love of android in the form of candy. Guaranteed to make the little guy calm down:)
47. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I'm honestly not surprised, my younger sister updated and she is rather annoyed with it, and my mother has held out on updating her IP5 because she is apprehensive about the change. It says an unfortunate thing about people's perception of changing technology...
49. _PHug_ (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
A wise man once said..
"Lesson one, don't ever have kids"
53. nlbates66 (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
bleh, just an example of a childish reaction, like most childish reactions to changes that occur anywhere. :)
(except they usually come from adults)
54. scriptwriter (Posts: 386; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
if it was my kid, it would be "if you dont like it, then dont use it". Of course, i'd never own an ipad, so if this problem did ever occur, i could easily change the launcher to something better.
55. SIGPRO (Posts: 317; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Children of these are so spoiled, thats not a good thing. When i was little we did not have mobile phones we played outside. If the kids are spoiled to much they will become brats!