Want an HTC One with removable back cover, microSD and two SIM slots? China has one for you!
A user of Sina Weibo, which is something like the Chinese Twitter, has posted an image of the HTC One sporting these exact same characteristics. Apparently, the HTC One is on its way to the three Chinese carriers - China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom.
To tell you the truth, we don't really care much for the two SIM card slots or the removable back cover (after all, you still don't get access to the battery), but the microSD card slot could certainly prove useful. Why, HTC, why?!? Why are you doing this to us?
All drama aside, we'd really want to know why HTC didn't go the extra mile and put a microSD slot in the global HTC One. That would have made it an even better handset, right?
3. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I have to ask Jet Li to buy for me. Please Jet Li..
8. hung2900 (Posts: 714; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
"All drama aside, we'd really want to know why HTC didn't go the extra mile and put a microSD slot in the global HTC One. That would have made it an even better handset, right?"
We can see RayS prefer non uninody and plastic back cover. Me too.
21. heyhi (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
yes, so?? dont you prefer the "unibody" with no cover, non removable battery and no sd card slot?? maybe it is his personal preference like eveybody, like you and me or maybe not..i think his just pointing out something what people miss, like he did with the s 4 when he said something about the design...i wrote "unibody" because on the drop test video, the part that covers one speaker of the One poped out after the first drop.
9. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
what is this image for the HTC one? did the orders start? does anyone know?
4. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
chinese not st*pid enough to buying a phone without microsd slot, only US accept this, thx to the bar set by apple iphone
5. rizevnarastek (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Well it's not unibody... And the cover is plastic.
6. rizevnarastek (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
And I also believe the Chinese version has a normal 8MP camera...
10. naptown2 (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
Yesterday i got to play with the htc one and let me tell you this .... this phone is awesome and tomorrow ill be going to a release party for it and will hopefully be walking away with one
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL xD I thought this is the HDC One, not HTC.
(Remember the HDC One guys??)
22. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I thought it was gonna be one of those as well haha
12. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iPhones don't require microSD cards so I don't see why it's a problem if a phone doesn't have a slot for one.
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you really need new material, your saying honestly a micro sd slot wouldn't be a welcome addition?
your just willing to accept whatever the iphone has and anything it lacks you convince yourself isnt needed little troll
14. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Well we dont consider comparing smart phones with iphone!
16. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Something like Motorola has been doing, some opening on the sides or somewhere that you could insert a Micro-SD in would be perfect! Unibody and micro-sd capable.....
17. monomilkman (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
throw a micro SD slot in, a replaceable battery, a better camera, and bring it to Verizon and I'd buy the HTC One over the S4 in a minute...but with all of that lacking? S4 it will be.
18. Taters (Posts: 2374; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So the HTC loses the only perceived advantage over the S4 in the unibody design...fail.
19. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
once upon a time a sad little fanboy would go on all HTC articles to try to hate and get attention..........everyone laughed at how pathetic he was and obsessed with what he claimed to hate
im writing a story about the stereotypical fanboy i.e. you
go take you hateful bs elsewhere, this actually means the s4 looses its big advantage of a micro sd card and the HTC one is more appealing
so you fail
20. steviewonders (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
If they had a micro SD slot then they wouldn't be able to charge more for a larger capacity version. It's all business. Wish they wouldn't do it though.
23. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
So sad, the HTC One could have been a contender.
Instead this will be it's lot in life, "It looks nice, but..."
24. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
They should go back to the Nexus One days, That had replacable battery, microSD card slot, but looked unibody, and the plastic felt great.