Verizon to update Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1 starting on Friday
The update also brings a new notification panel that displays missed calls and emails and lets you respond to the call or email directly from the screen. Guess what is added to the camera settings. Why, it's the feature of the week-photo filters! Different filters will be available to enhance your pictures such as warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow). When you're recording a video, you can now stop in the middle and resume filming so that everything gets recorded in one take.
The update will be coming OTA, but if you can't wait, you can try to update your phone manually by clicking on "Home" > "Applications" > "Settings" > "About Phone" > "System updates". Press "Restart & install". The update is 62MB in size. It will take 5 to 7 minutes to download and 5 to 7 minutes to update.
source: Verizon (1), (2), (3) via AndroidGuys
Android 4.1 update for Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2942; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The Jelly Bean has COME BACK TO.........The Galaxy S3.
3. bubba78 (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 May 2011)
I also hope that they fixed the group messaging issue, that when someone replies to a group message it goes into an individual message instead of the group message It lets you send them fine just not receive them. I have Verizon messages app now and it works OK, I just prefer to use the built in messaging app.
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I will be doing manual update checks all night.. I've never wanted a jellybean so bad in my life.
7. tehalley (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
No luck in ALABAMA today, maybe a few more weeks or months!
12. tehalley (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Finally came this afternoon, now getting used to it! :0)
8. justme (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Please don't laugh at me too much, but what should I do before downloading this? What kinds of things get deleted and how do I back them up?
9. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
62mb? Yeah right mines downloading now and it's 400mb
10. Vince805 (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Mine is also downloading right now. 400mb!!! JELLYBEAN!!!!!
11. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Downloaded my 400mb file 2:15 pm today here in connecticut. Yay its like a christmas present. So many new features.
13. infinitiboy92 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Nov 2009)
Finally Downloading my update.. I feel like a big kid!!