Toshiba posts sleazy tablet ads, pulls them shortly after
The series of ads are available in both English and French for Canada, and were posted on YouTube, and then quickly made private.
In another one of the funny commercials an actress’s buttocks are getting the limelight as she is longingly gazing at a... copier. So much for subtext! While the commercials can no longer be seen on Toshiba’s channel, a user managed to repost one of them, so you can get an idea of what’s it all about. Are you with us on the weirdness of such advertizing? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3033; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Forget the tablet, ill take her.
ok i dont see why this is so bad, i have seen far worse commericials.
2. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I would buy the toshiba tab if she comes with the tablet
19. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
the question is: "does she come with a tablet?"
13. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
They should've kept the commercial. Would've been great for a Super Bowl too.
3. ibap (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Looks like something targeting Japanese business men. Won't work on me. (Female.) Did no one review these before they turned them loose?
And "I have seen far worse commericials" is not praise. And it is "commercials".
16. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
He knows the spelling, it's a typo duh.
Call ibap and set a date.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3033; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
LOL seriously then they can spend all night correcting peoples typos. How romantic ;)
8. Fuego84 (Posts: 282; Member since: 13 May 2012)
They are implying that there's boobies in their tablets. Just a little reminder that you can watch porn on the tablet. Also don't forget that sex sells.
12. DonkeySauce (Posts: 159; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Not as sleazy as the Hardee's commercials with Paris Hilton or Kate Upton. Both awesome, btw.
14. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
That one with Kate Upton sure as hell made me want a burger lol
21. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
"Are you with us on the weirdness of such advertizing?"
Hell No! For starters, what's "weird" about it? I hope you're not one of those weirdos who's uncomfortable with the human body...
Maybe I don't wanna see 50 super-dry ads involving a hand and a disembodied voice!
This has everything, eye-candy, information, humor, and eye-candy! Whats not to like?
22. sonisoe (Posts: 329; Member since: 06 May 2009)
if i were the tablet, i'd be stressful too with people swinging me around, touching, poking, typing and whatnot.... i need a release, and lucy gives me that with me between her breast...