The next OnePlus "flagship killer" might be called the "OnePlus 2", reportedly delayed to Q3 2015
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Actually reporting slow production is miles better then hunger games sales long before they're ready to ship in volume.
2. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
So, would it be the phone that's delayed for Q3 or the invites?
16. Paximos (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Ready for Q3 this year, you might get an invite perhaps in Q3 2016!!
17. barondebxl (Posts: 131; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Don't be surprised if more phones are delayed, courtesy of the S810.
3. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
So they're teaching us kindergarten arithmetic.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11937; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I just hope they use Android this time over cyanogenmod.
6. Gp_Customs (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 14 Jan 2015)
What difference does it make? You hate everything but Apple.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11937; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Kid I've used many phones besides the iphone.
8. ericnichols1999 (Posts: 53; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)
I hope ford stops making cars and makes automobiles instead
9. material (Posts: 80; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Cyanogen Ditched OP for Indian Device. It Will have its own ROM. Android ROM.
7. trqster (Posts: 96; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Cyanogenmod = 99% pure Android + few optional tweaks
11. Niva. (Posts: 420; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
By Q3 of 2015 there may be enough divergence between Cyanogenmod and the "pure Google Android" as 5.1 or whatever should be rolling out around taht time. Just over the weekend Cyanogenmod announced that they want to remove Google from their Android... which will be a difficult proposition moving forward. I think they may want to fork but considering the manpower and updates done by Google it will be obsoleted very fast and a challenge to maintain.
Bottom line is get your popcorn.
10. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
without a more compact design i can careless what they offer ...5.5 screen is too big for me to consider it a daily flagship driver. but that's just a personal preference
14. needa (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
we do know that there will be an invite system to sell the 2. at least for the first bit. carl pei said it himself at ces. the interview is on tomshardware i think. it was an excellent interview. explained a whole lot about everything.
TH: Are you planning on using the invite system again for future devices?
CP: As this product matures and we understand better the demand for this product, we’re going to find other ways of making it more available. For instance, in December—before Christmas and during our one-year anniversary—and then one time before as well, we had pre-orders where you could come and buy the phone. If the phone became out-of-stock, it became a pre-order. So we’re going to continue experimenting with this phone on how to make it more available while still kind of controlling the risk for us. I think in the beginning for our next devices, it’s going to be invite only for a much shorter period than it was for this phone—maybe one-fourth. Then eventually it becomes a pre-order model, once we have the data from the invites to see what the demand is like.
15. realjjj (Posts: 363; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
As they already said it's "OnePlus Two" not 2.